Poll: Which expansion had the best theme?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Wrath was a cool expansion but honestly... it's theme was basically "Death" and "Snow"... God by the end of wrath I was so sick of seeing skulls.
    As far as best overall feel I might give it to Wrath. But like he said, it got old and gloomy fast. If I had to pick one permanently I would go with BC. Vanilla had a good feel, as it was a vanilla feel. The world felt much more natural and cohesive, rather than forcing 1 sort of atmosphere down your throat.

As far as MoP, I was sick of it before I hit 86.

Deleted
    WotLK, it had Scourge, Arthas, Titans inspired by Norse Mythology and Fantasy Vikings (Vyrkuls), the Nerubians, Old God, Oh and we got the class I loved the most since WarCraft 3, Death Knights, which is ever since WotLK my main.
    Last edited by mmoc56c829a066; 2013-07-11 at 12:43 PM.

Also...

I fucking hate the Asian theme. For me even Cata theme was better (and that had no theme). I think it would be pretty obvious by any poll of a major sample size, that the western WoW public in general prefers non Asian themed settings. We have dime a dozen million Asian games. Asian is cool up to a certain point. But it get mighty old mighty fast.

Also...if we are doing an Asian themed expansion pack...WHERE IS MY SAMURAI INSPIRED WARRIOR GEAR? AND WHERE IS MY NINJA INSPIRED ROGUE GEAR? WHERE!!!?!??!?!?!?!1111!11one????

And I agree upon Wotlk not fully delivering on its promise. But it was a very very ambitious story to tell, that could have spanned 3 expansions. Titans, Scourge, Old Gods, all in Northrend. They had a million good ideas, but not enough time to fit all of it in that one expansion.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2013-07-11 at 01:40 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could have sworn there were countless people who were slinging e-feces at wotlk up until the dawn of cataclysm. Funny how nostalgia works.

This is such an horribly rigged poll anyway. Not looking hard at the raids and the evolution of the game of course everyone's gonna pick wrath. It was steeped in lore and was SO, ABSURDLY, NORSE. Nordic lore ranks high up with Greek myth for me and it was an absolute trip through the expansion. Throw in Ulduar and the Wyrmrest Temple raids and you just have such a huge world crafted all in one expansion.

There's just no way a poll like this is fair lol
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP. Just looking at all the forum posts as the expac went on with people getting upset that we were the bad guys this time around, and seeing the effect the faction war had on an unspoiled, serene land, warmed my crusty little heart. They wanted a war, so Blizz showed the bad with the good.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    How on earth can you say that? Seriously? How can you? Wotlk is by far the most compelling and well written story to date! The story had drive and purpose! It's been the most convincing and most indepth and involving experience so far!
    You won't say that if you know about scourge's lore in WC3. WotLK was a "fuck you" at WC3's scourge.

Tie between Wrath and BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hod View Post
    50/50 between Wrath and BC.
    What he said.

Deleted
    The idea behind WOTLK was awesome, the actual game ? No

I didn't even play Wrath, but it had the best theme by far. LK is probs one of the most prominent lore chars, and with all that lore behind him and all the chars associated with him you can't really go wrong

I think overall Cata has a very good theme like WotLK as well. Sadly, Blizzard fucked up both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Everyone favorite expansion is two expansions ago.

Back in WOTLK / Cata is was the cool thing to complain about wrath babies. Next expansion people will be saying Cata was good.
    flat out wrong

Nobody will ever say Cata was good, apart for t11 difficulty level

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    flat out wrong

Nobody will ever say Cata was good, apart for t11 difficulty level
    I'm willing to say that when it launched it was good, but that's as far as I'll go.

Deleted
    Honestly, I'm kinda tired of all those usual "heroic", "medieval", "Tolkien" stuff .
    Huge threats, demons, undead, monsters, war everywhere, big bad guys, theatral speeches who some of them say the same thing, resolving all problems with blades in the face, "epic" (god I begin to hate this word...) battles for....epic battles and stuff.

Plus, I'm surprised that it hasn't more people who don't like Burning Crusade ambiance. I find it kinda "out of context" with those aliens and spaceships stuffs.
    And to be honest, I don't like very much Illidan and Arthas. Good characters but to say they MAKE Warcraft, I think it's a little overrated..

In the other hand, I really love the Asian theme, softer ambiance (but with some serious and dark moments) and morales of Mists of Pandaria. I think that changes of the usual "heroic-medieval-fantasy" stuff.
    It likes we come from Dragon Quest/Dungeons & Dragons universe to something like Avatar: The Last Airbender.

PS: But I'm agree Ulduar is a great place.

always loved the looks of everything bc

Winter is my favorite season, do I need to say more?
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Deleted
    TBC looked pretty bad with all that space goat stuff. Wotlk had awesome zones like Stormpeaks or Grizzly Hills. Cata looked fine - Deepholm was amazaing, probably best zone ever made. MoP - hideous, every zone is terrible. Winner is Vanilla as no flying mounts made the zones feel really huge and magical.

Without a contest Wrath of the Lich King. Its also the only theme that feels ''Warcraft'' to me.

TBC felt way too disconnected, it kinda felt like I was playing a Starcraft MMO when I rolled a draenei (protoss like) and entered Outland.

Cata had the boring cultist/dragon theme, which was way overdone before the expansion even came out.

MoP only has an Asian theme, which doesn't feel like I'm playing Warcraft at all. But more of a cheap Chinese MMO

WotLK. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that I started playing WC with WCIII, so the storyline and all the thematic elements that accompanied it were familiar to me. I've never had as much fun in WoW as I did in LK, even though LFR and other quality of life improvements have allowed me to access more of the game. In all honesty, I think I would've kept running Wrath heroics and pugging raids even to this day even if they never released another xpac or raised the level cap above 80.

Going to have to be either Wrath or MoP. It's really hard to decide actually so both....
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing