Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I really like this shaman set, looks way better than the hunter one, thats for sure.

The white feather version of the shamn set looks very nice, but out of all the possible sources to draw on for shaman outfits this seems really distant.

Also, again, love Tamplier's art, heartily recommend a visit to his deviantart page

The shaman set seems half assed (thought out?), it's not the worst but it's definitely close. It just feels disconnected from the raid. i sort of expected something closer to what the dark shaman bosses were wearing. Just means I'll have to pvp to get the wolf set since I don't really like this tier set or stick to the CM set T_T.

I think the shaman set is themed according to the class or at least to what the class represents: elements. The shoulders of the set are designed in a similar way as some element models. It probably won't suit an Enhancement or Restoration but it sure would look perfect on an Elemental Shaman

Looks more like a mage set than shaman...

The shaman set looks a little too mage-y to me. I wish they would make more sets like the T15 set. It looked very primal, like a shaman set should

On expiration, the player explodes, inflicting 300,000 Fire damage to players within 8 yards and knocking them up.
    hoping there's a morning after pill available...I don't want to get knocked up by this guy....

Deleted
    FU Blizz, ruining prot paladins...

Ordos, angriest boss ever? Pool fellow!

Shaman tier is awesome, what is the whining about?? Titan themed, haven't you heard of that mogu-titan dude? or Y'shaarj? or Sha of pride? Did you miss those parts?

inflicting 300,000 Fire damage to players within 8 yards and knocking them up.
    The paternity suits are going to be awesome.

Just shitty design for tier sets all around so far this xpack. Yikes. Other people have said it right, for sure...that Shaman gear looks like it belongs to a mage. It doesn't look at all like a piece of mail gear. While I really dig the whole "caster in a robe" look it's a lot better when the gear actually LOOKS like the material it's made out of. And what the fuck is with making robes (and most other gear) look so bulky/stifling these days? It's a good thing xmog exists because some of this crap is just awful.

Maybe Blizz's art team should try the whole "less is more" approach for gear design at some point soon. Not saying that gear needs to look like the Black Mageweave set - but it'd be nice to see a little bit of elegant simplicity put back into gearing design.

@Summerdrake: We get that, but shaman armour just has sooo much in-theme stuff to pick from - why take something that fits all classes out of the blue and make it the shaman set?

I was expecting Tier 16 to be... you know... Orc Armor or something... like related to the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    I was expecting Tier 16 to be... you know... Orc Armor or something... like related to the raid.
    It is related to the raid.

I'm in agreement... this shaman tier reminds me of the mage t13.... and it doesn't make sense. although the t13 shield will make for a great xmog with it. >.>

"On expiration, the player explodes, inflicting 300,000 Fire damage to players within 8 yards and knocking them up."

I can't see this lasting. A Living Bomb mechanic is far too appealing to griefers. It's even worse than the grief potential of Oon's spitfire beam because you get to throw people up in the air and you have time to position yourself appropriately, (ie: on the tank)

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    "On expiration, the player explodes, inflicting 300,000 Fire damage to players within 8 yards and knocking them up."

I can't see this lasting. A Living Bomb mechanic is far too appealing to griefers. It's even worse than the grief potential of Oon's spitfire beam because you get to throw people up in the air and you have time to position yourself appropriately, (ie: on the tank)
    That's why they've put the legendary cloak gating in -- so J. Random Griefer will have a harder time even getting to the place.

I suspect the boss will end up seeing very little use, so the point will be moot.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    @Summerdrake: We get that, but shaman armour just has sooo much in-theme stuff to pick from - why take something that fits all classes out of the blue and make it the shaman set?
    Well,,,considering how most sets look should be glad we get a good looking one at least,,,could have been worse,,,probably makes most sense for elemental shamans to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Well,,,considering how most sets look should be glad we get a good looking one at least,,,could have been worse,,,probably makes most sense for elemental shamans to wear.
    No.... just... no. I have been an Ele Shaman for the most of the time I've played WoW and ... no lol how could you even defend this as a Shaman set much less an Elemental Shaman set?... I'm so thankful for transmog right now.

Although. It's your opinion you're entitled to it and I was dispute it but still.... just no
    Last edited by Khailik; 2013-07-12 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalanos View Post
    Wait am I reading that right? In order to kill this world boss you have to have the legendary cloak? What the crap?
    It is a neat idea, I like that they are thinking outside the box for the legendary. It is much better than ´ok, we will give you a legenary weapon after you have the tier on farm, and it will be replaced in a few months from a green item in the starter zone of the new expansion.

Also, it only gives access to one of the new world bosses. The other is accessible by everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That's why they've put the legendary cloak gating in -- so J. Random Griefer will have a harder time even getting to the place.

I suspect the boss will end up seeing very little use, so the point will be moot.
    Will definitely be interesting to see how many people have kept up on the legendary questline. Also keep in mind that you can cross-realm for open world bosses, so OpenRaid will be used a lot.

I only took about 6 weeks off this expansion, but I have been able to keep up with the legendary questline just from using LFR. I think this is a much better way to do legendaries.. make it an entire expansion questline rather than a random drop on the last tier.

awesome fun art