Deleted

The state of the game

This will not be about the actual gameplay. This will be about the client and the support. You must know that I am nowhere near an expert in the gaming industry, so this will be from the average gamer's point of view.

It seems that there is always a problem with the game. I will start with the most recent one, that started yesterday. I open the client and after about 3 minutes it crashes. This obviously makes playing the game impossible. Other issues I had were in-game crashes (some of them resulting in "leaves" and even warning from the LeaveBuster thing), constant disconnections from pvp.net (which also caused me to miss queues, or worse, fail to select a champion in ranked and lose about 20 lp) or random freezez in champion selection screens or during bans. There is always something wrong with the client. The support is also one of the slowest that I've seen in any game. It took Riot 11 days to fix my problem with purchasing RP. "Fix" isn't even the right word as they basically told me there's nothing they can do and that's my banks fault.

I find the "but it's a free game so problems will exist" argument stupid. In my case, I've spent about 200 euro on services, skins and champions since I started playing 2 years ago. I did this mainly for what I received, but also to support Riot and hope for improvements in the game. Sure, new content and the UI changes are always nice, but technical improvements seem to be unexistent. LoL being one of the most played game in the world (if not THE most played game), I can only imagine the profit they make. But I don't think that this is the main source of income. I'm pretty sure they make a significant amount of money from tournaments and sponsorships.

I understand that they have servers to keep up and running, they develop champions, they have staff and they open servers for new zones. But instead of doing all of this, why the hell can't they fix the already existing servers and the other game breaking problems? As I said before, as LoL is among the most played games in the world, I find this kind of problems unacceptable.

Deleted
    A new client is actually one of the more asked for things on the official forums and on reddit, so much so that a few months ago riot responded about it saying

"I'll be the first to admit there are some problems with the client as it exists right now, but Air (and more specifically the Flash ecosphere) is not the culprit. PVP.Net is a complex piece of software that has to be shipped out to over 30 million people twice a month (more or less); improving legacy code designed for a more humble 10 thousand players is somewhat akin to replacing parts of an airplane engine... While midflight, over the Atlantic, at about 35 thousand feet. It's a delicate process, and the number one priority is ensuring the continued stability of the player experience.

That said, the process of improving parts is ongoing; the Login screen was reworked a few months back, and with the 3.9 PBE patch, we'll be rolling out a rewrite of the view code for the Runes screen; it should be more responsive and less buggy.
    I think ultimately they are fully aware that the client has a lot of issues and the fact it was a client designed for 10,000 people, now being shipped out to 30 million people is a problem.

Some other comments in that thread included

There are no current plans to move away from Air.
    and

I can't comment on any plans regarding sweeping updates, but I will say that improving the quality and responsiveness of the client is something that everyone on the team remains committed to. Expect some more on that front in the near future
    Hopefully, they are working on it, because the client is definitely the weak point of the game right now.

Here's the official thread discussing it http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...66172#38466172