Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    he's referring to Mid tier legenderies of past like the firelands caster staff
    FL Staff was BiS for me all the way through cata...
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

10+ Year Old Account
    dont see why people who were slacking should get special treatment..
    do the quest chain like everyone else.. they alrdy increased the secret of the empire drop rate and reduced the 3k valor quest from 6k to 3k..the dwarf in karasang wild's is soloable now.. they nerfed his health by like 80% what more do u want?

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Legendary has been worthless since late Wrath since blizz releases new items stronger than the legendary
    I quess thats why guilds still ran Firelands for the staff cause it was so bad. And every caster used the legendary in DS back than. So far every legendary item was BiS for the rest of the expansion. (yeah for daggers and axe it wasnt that hard). I believe the ulduar legendary was not BiS in ICC but as far is I know only 2-3 weapons were actually better in terms of healing output. but the procc added absorb so.

SIM=DO NOT CALCURATE HUMAN ERROR AND RNG.
    does it give a base line? yes, will it help someone to imrpove dps? not rally, it's human error and RNG which I might add it can not calcurate..it's a robot..
    You can choose how it will sim btw and you can try and inputhuman error on alot of sims.

But Firelands staff was BiS in DS due to the proc, the other weapons would only be on par in a perfet played situation which you just said is impossible.

On topic:
    AS far as I know the droprate will increas and 5.0 quesitems will drop in ToT lfr and you cant get more than 10 anymore.. they already lowered the 5.1 quests. and they buffed the drops in ToT. And its really easy to get gear again, and the legendary shouldnt be too easy to get cause then really everybody would have one there is no point in having a legendary cloak on every bad geared toon
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-07-11 at 11:16 AM.

Deleted
    Pretty sure he's asking for droprate buffs, which I fully support. Runestones are abysmal, Secrets are so-so, and the whole Test of Valor thing is shit (feels like 3 weeks wasted). Must be incredibly disheartening for returning players, I've got chars on various stages of the quest some are having a tough time with Secrets drops and it's getting tedious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf is perhaps the wrong term to use.

"Adjust" would probably fit better.

I think that nobody can deny that the RNG-ness of Secrets and Runestones just plain sucks. "Get 6k valor" on the other hand was a lot more reliable. You got what you earnt. It was up to you. You had an influence on your progress on the questline. If you were lazy and didn't cap your valor every week, it took longer. If you nerded your valor cap through all those dailies and stuff, you were done after 6 weeks.

Even the Sigils quest felt more rewarding than the Secrets and Runestones parts of it all. I don't really know why... was it because EVERYONE in your raid could loot it if a boss decided to drop one? Or was it because it was the beginning of the questline and we weren't so burnt out on RNG yet from the quest step right before?

Face it: There wouldn't be half as many complaints about that questline if there had been other quest objectives inbetween Secrets and Runestones. Double-RNG just sucks such immense balls, that you have to wonder who thought that that was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    SIM=DO NOT CALCURATE HUMAN ERROR AND RNG.
    Typing in all caps = getting your point across.

Actually there is a 'human error' toggle you can adjust, and rng? You do over 10,000 simulations, I think that correctly adjusts for outlier rng attempts.

This questline already means nothing and has no value attached to it, so they may as well nerf it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started the legendary quest line in March if I remember correctly, and I'm now 5/12 Titan Runestones. However, I most likely could have sped up the process, but work keeps me busy. Don't forget in 5.4 they will most likely up the drop rate on the items needed from ToT.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I stopped working on the legendary when they wanted me to kill this Bloodhilt guy, which requires a group. I'm not grouping with people for a stupid legendary. I demand a legendary for antisocial solo MMO players (something with a glow effect please).
    Terrible reason. The boss is flagged as a quest mob so you don't even need to be grouped, just hit it when its being attacked.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's already too ridiculous of a chain to begin with, only slightly time consuming because it was meant to be done during the entire xpack.

You can't expect to come near the end and catch up right on time to have the orange item like the rest of the playerbase that went through it wall on time.... :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Nerf is perhaps the wrong term to use.

"Adjust" would probably fit better.

I think that nobody can deny that the RNG-ness of Secrets and Runestones just plain sucks. "Get 6k valor" on the other hand was a lot more reliable. You got what you earnt. It was up to you. You had an influence on your progress on the questline. If you were lazy and didn't cap your valor every week, it took longer. If you nerded your valor cap through all those dailies and stuff, you were done after 6 weeks.

Even the Sigils quest felt more rewarding than the Secrets and Runestones parts of it all. I don't really know why... was it because EVERYONE in your raid could loot it if a boss decided to drop one? Or was it because it was the beginning of the questline and we weren't so burnt out on RNG yet from the quest step right before?

Face it: There wouldn't be half as many complaints about that questline if there had been other quest objectives inbetween Secrets and Runestones. Double-RNG just sucks such immense balls, that you have to wonder who thought that that was a good idea.
    i agree with pretty much all that is said here.
    as far the sigils being less painfull then the secrets/runestones, it is because they indeed dropped for everyone in the raid. if you sat out that encounter it sucked but you accepted it. but the new part is like: 2 guildies start at same time, they are present on every kill. guildie 1 has 8 secrets at the end of the lockout, guildie 2 has 2 of them.
    it was wrong, you both put in same amount of effort. but cause of RNG you either king or screwed over badly. i got guildies who got the cloak for almost 6+ weeks now, while i myself can finally get it next week at last. cause my drop rate has been terrible. i even got overtaken by people who were behind me on the quest.
    its just messed up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    he's referring to Mid tier legenderies of past like the firelands caster staff
    Firelands caster staff was BIS in DS too, if I remember correctly, it was even nerfed a bit so that it would proc less often.

Edit: Didn't see the tonnes of posts before me stating the same thing, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Something was stronger then my rogue legendary daggers in cata?... well i'll be. Guess it never dropped for me.
    Not to mention the cloak is 608 ilevel with a super fucking overpowered proc and 3 secondary stats with a gem socket, and the capes in SoO, even at Heroic Thunderforged level are going to be like 566.

I stopped working on the legendary when they wanted me to kill this Bloodhilt guy, which requires a group. I'm not grouping with people for a stupid legendary. I demand a legendary for antisocial solo MMO players (something with a glow effect please).
    I think people are Really missing the blatant sarcasm in this post.

I would have rather not had any legendaries at all at this rate. Too many whiny entitled people who are pissed because they slacked on getting "babbys first legendary"

Ps: the baby misspelling is intentional, look it up before you point it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vaccine View Post
    Which part are you struggling on, the Celestial Blessing bit? Or by nerf do you mean the drop rate? The drop rate will be adjusted in 5.4 to help people catch up.
    What he means, is it takes way to long to get up2 the latest legendary chain.

Right now a reroll/fresh 90, have to go through Sigil+Breath Chain, 3k valor, 20 Secrets before even starting the 12 Runestones, which takes ages.
    They have nerfed all parts at some point, but its still pretty brutal. Glad I Don't have to reroll

10+ Year Old Account
    "nerf legendary chain" ... I can understand, that everyone has right to see a content ... but I cannot see any reason why legendaries should be the same thing ... is not weapon just orange epic, when everyone has it? legendaries should not be easy to obtain, they should be obtainable by anyone, but only in exchange for hard work ...
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummm, they nerfed Bloodhilt has 11Mil HP. You can solo it or 2 man it now(depending your spec).

Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    So this is what the bottom of the barrel looks like.
    There is no effective bottom end to folks asking for things to be easier.

Deleted
    I don't often bite on these kinds of threads... But seriously?
    They haven't nerfed the quest chains for Thunderfury, Sulfuras (Not exactly a quest chain), Val'anyr, Shadowmourne, Dragonwrath or Golad & Tiriosh, so why would they do it for this expansion?
    It's all part of the experience. You have to 'earn' the legendary. Some people have been struggling on the celestial challenges for several weeks, but this is the first time I've come across people wanting the quest chain to be nerfed.

Despair.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't forget with the addition of flex, you'll be able to have another raid lockout to collect the legendary chain quest items. this in itself is a massive nerf!
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    don't forget with the addition of flex, you'll be able to have another raid lockout to collect the legendary chain quest items. this in itself is a massive nerf!
    Not quite right. As it is, you only get one chance per boss to obtain a quest item, regardless of which difficulty this is. So, if you've already cleared LFR, you have no more chances on flex and/or normal/heroic to get the quest items. If you've already killed all the bosses on flex, there's no need to venture into LFR because there will be no more chances at quest items. And it doesn't matter if you kill some bosses on heroic either, because the drop chance is the same across all difficulties (imagine the shitstorm in your guild when someone gets benched for a heroic boss if the drop chances were higher for individually awarded quest items... good god.)