Thread: Destr and UVLS

Destr and UVLS

Good day, i can clearly see that this trinket is an decent choice for destruction warlocks aswell, but what is the priority, casting immolate or doing chaos bolt during the proc?

15+ Year Old Account
    No. The priority is casting Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    No. The priority is casting Doom.
    Doom is a Demonology Only spell. Great input though.

I personally cast an Immolate unless I have other trinket procs up or Dark Soul up too, where I would cast a chaos bolt anyway.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

It's not a "decent" choice, as pretty much all the alternatives in this tier are better. Given the proc's short duration and the long cast time of Chaos Bolt, you'll likely be better off using it to generate Embers than trying to spend it. Put up Immolate, ideally extending it with a Fel Flame or two, too (making *sure* that FF will actually hit the target before the proc expires!). Sometimes you get a CB in anyway because it procs mid-cast, and that's fine, but you'll probably have a hard time trying to time a CB into the short window effectively.

*EDIT* Note that during Dark Soul, the efficacy of UVLS is greatly diminished. Spells can't go over 100% crit, and Chaos Bolt will *not* scale beyond 100% either. That means you only get (100% - base crit - DS crit) as an actual benefit. Of course if, as you say, you would be casting CB anyway (because you have lots of embers, for example) then that's fine; but don't make it a priority if you could cast something else instead.
    Last edited by Biomega; 2013-07-11 at 09:14 AM.

You should really make a macro if you wish to use it with CB: /stopcasting /cast Chaos Bolt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupercus View Post
    Good day, i can clearly see that this trinket is an decent choice for destruction warlocks aswell, but what is the priority, casting immolate or doing chaos bolt during the proc?
    Immolate+RoF+whatever you can get out, prob an Ince.

RoF+Immo+Conflag
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    You should really make a macro if you wish to use it with CB: /stopcasting /cast Chaos Bolt
    Stopcasting an incinerate mid-cast to gain a measly 200k on a Chaos bolt is really meh compared to finishing your cast and casting conflag/RoF/immo... (and using your ember when you have a decent proc)

Deleted
    I was quite sure the rof did not snapshot the 100% crit though?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Stopcasting an incinerate mid-cast to gain a measly 200k on a Chaos bolt is really meh compared to finishing your cast and casting conflag/RoF/immo... (and using your ember when you have a decent proc)
    RoF updates with your crit dynamically so after ULVS proc is gone, RoF will stop critting. Besides, you use RoF for its ember regen, not for its damage, so RoF crits dont give you anything.

ULVS proc:
    Shadowburn > immolate > conflagrate

if you can havoc you can get a max of 7 shadow burn crits in a proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by forsworn View Post
    if you can havoc you can get a max of 7 shadow burn crits in a proc.
    Not if you have to havoc after it has procced. Fitting 4 globals in the proc window is hard without really high levels of haste, but havoc is only half a global, so i guess you could havoc and SBx3. Although i don't think you'll see it happening very often :P

Deleted
    RoF updates with your crit dynamically so after ULVS proc is gone, RoF will stop critting. Besides, you use RoF for its ember regen, not for its damage, so RoF crits dont give you anything.
    You're right. I never used RoF with it, I was just copying the other spells the previous posters wrote