Deleted

Chain Heal , Too boring??

Hey, so with the incooming buffs the Chain Heal and it's glyph, it is most likely gonna play a pretty big role in the regular shamans roster (i play 10 man, and imagine i am gonna use the glyph as a mandatory tool.)

What wonder me is why blizzard is implementing a glyph, in an extremely annoying cd, which will most likely cause us to wait 0.5 sec for it to come up constantly.

And what is the logic behind Chain Heals interaction with Tidal waves, there is absolutely no logic in it, since when you accually have the chance to Chain Heal you want to abuse that. And besides if Chain heal is to still generate Tidal Waves then why on earth make it dependent of another spell that does so too? I could see the logic if Riptide and Chain Heal played 2 independent and different roles, but they hardly do.

So here is what should be done!

Instead of having Chain Heal generate Tidal waves have it consume it, and have the effect of the glyph, but not cause a CD. (Not certain wether or not it should take up 1 or 2 stacks.)
    This poses a thread of Chain Heal becoming spammed to hell, but it at least makes the use of it from a 10 man perspective slightly more intelectual than spamming something on a 2 sec CD, which is just greatly annoying!

An alternative for the glyph could perhapse be to increase healing of CHain heal by 15% but at the cost of not getting poosted by riptide.

Removing the necessity for the RT to be present (or reducing the need) has been something I've wanted for a while... there aren't enough RT's to go around.

The point of the glyph is that healing *might* be too boring if they let you just put riptide on one tank and spam CH (while maintaining Rain/Totems). The glyph forces you to use other healing spells, like more riptides and single target heals. Just realized you wouldn't even need raid frames for most fights, just focus the tank.

I'm all for reducing the dependence on riptide. I can see why they wouldn't give us spamable 25 yard smart healing.

if i remember right cd starts after you finish casting. So its a full 2 secs or ~1 GCD. The CD is honestly a trivality. There aren't a lot situations that require you to spam CH. During the CD you SHOULD be using riptide, HST, other cds, refresh ES, recall if you need the mana still (offspec gear ), use utility totems (stormlash for example), put down HR, or move somewhere that you need to go. All together you really aren't losing much, maybe a half dozen casts at most over the whole fight. Furthermore the old glyph was a good pacing tool for your mana and it will be interesting to see how that works out this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    if i remember right cd starts after you finish casting. So its a full 2 secs or ~1 GCD. The CD is honestly a trivality. There aren't a lot situations that require you to spam CH. During the CD you SHOULD be using riptide, HST, other cds, refresh ES, recall if you need the mana still (offspec gear ), use utility totems (stormlash for example), put down HR, or move somewhere that you need to go. All together you really aren't losing much, maybe a half dozen casts at most over the whole fight. Furthermore the old glyph was a good pacing tool for your mana and it will be interesting to see how that works out this tier.
    On what planet is 'good pacing for mana' a good thing. The whole idea of healing is being able to respond to demand and manage resources (i.e. mana). The glyph makes CH the spell it needs to be in 10man (ie can bounce around a raid that will be spread due to mechanics). And there are plenty of situations I would want to spam CH - Jin, Horri, Council, Tortos, Megaera, Ji'kun, Duru, Primordius, DA, IQ, Twins, Lei shen all have periods of significant AoE damage where I want to chain cast CH (for shortish periods of time). Stopping to cast anything other than CH could be lowering my effectiveness as a healer. Range glyph slightly ups the efficiency of CH in 25mans, however in 10mans it's almost a necessity if you're trying to heal a spread raid, because heck the chances of healing more than 2 ranged with a CH is very low.... otherwise, enjoy that HS spam!

Well, in most real raid situations, you can't just stand there and chain cast anyway - most fights require frequent movement. You can easily use that 0.5 seconds of "dead time" for slight movement, etc. If you are able to chain cast, and cast HW or GHW after CH, the cooldown will be off.

Playing around with it last night, I honestly don't find the 2 second CD that annoying. Obviously, on a stacked fight or a fight where there are always 4+ CH targets, there's no point in glyphing it, but I see the glyph being a viable option, even in 25 man on some fights. Because of CH no longer diminishing on jumps, the glyph basically doubles the range from which the smart heal can pick the lowest health second jump target, which is really strong now that the buff makes the 3rd and 4th CH bounce matter a lot more than they do on live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    My point is that, you cast Chain heal, then have tidal waves, in this time period you will either cast an insatant spell (HST, Riptide, unleach Elemtens,) a 1.3'ish-1.5'ish second cast (Healing Surge, GHW, HW) or a longer cast, (only really Healing Rain, and dps spells tbh) In the event of the long cast the timing is fine, but for the shorter ones, especially GHW and HW i bet that the effeciency of Chain Heal is gonna mean that it is more benefecial to wait with casting anything so you can cast CH right as it gets of CD, which greatly annoys me.
    Last edited by mmocd29f2ae051; 2013-07-11 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Miss type

Well healing rain will keep the greatest honor for the "don't cast anything that'll delay it's use". But I think chain heal's CD will trump trying to sneak in an extra HW due to it's improved HPS/HPM. The cost of delaying Chain Heal might cause players to favor using HS over GHW in situations where they want to use Glyphed CH on CD.

Your cast time numbers are for ~10-12% haste I think. Most ToT N/H raiders would experience GCDs/HS of 1.15 sec, TW-HW/GHW of 1.35 sec, HR of 1.5 sec since most have 30% haste at this point and totems are always 1.0 sec. So overall the pushback on CH for raiders entering SoO won't be as bad as you are predicting.