Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaotus View Post
    While funny and unnecessarily sarcastic it does present a valid message as well. Just because rape is horrible and mentally depraved and brings up bile in the majority of humanity (men and women), does not mean we should swing so fucking far to the other side and just wholesale believe and act on any situation the second someone claims rape. I say claim not to diminish what has happened but to remember that by current logic people are innocent until proven guilty in most parts of the world. We can't just assume guilt. Nor can we assume innocence. A women claiming rape has as much responsibility to prove her case as someone proving burglary and assault. While emotionally the rape is more tragic that should not condone the concept we have arrived at where rape can be claimed and justice meted through political and private means before even a court case is heard.

As it stands now public opinion is so far to one side that when a female claims a male raped her we automatically assume he must prove he is innocent. That is simply not the case, they must prove he is guilty of that crime.
    She is the one making her case, it is up to her to prove it. Until she can whoever committed the crime has to be considered innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchorndog View Post
    Honestly, don't be THAT guy, who always posts "not sure what else there is to say" in order to sound savvy, or stop an argument.

Rather say "Not sure what else I can say" if you cant engage in a conversation.
    He's right though.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    How many times has someone tried to rape you?
    Never.

What percentage of women do you think have been sexually assaulted?
    Define "sexual assault". And are we talking about proven facts? Reported? Or unreported?

Frankly I don't care much for unreported figures as they tend to imply "Oh she says she was raped, that means it's true".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    How many times has someone tried to rape you?

What percentage of women do you think have been sexually assaulted?
    That doesn't mean the majority of men are going to commit rape. That is such a moronic argument it gave me cancer.

honestly... i kinda think you deserve what you get when you drink. you wanna fuck your body with poison? why should i care when you actually get fucked?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm going to need a third hand for the amount of facepalm required for this.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

I find the first of the two posters too much, it's generalizing way too much. The second one is more valid, and while it most likely doesn't happen as often as actual rape, it doesn't mean that it never happens.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Define "sexual assault". And are we talking about proven facts? Reported? Or unreported?

Frankly I don't care much for unreported figures as they tend to imply "Oh she says she was raped, that means it's true".
    Forced, or non-consensual molestation.

That's silly, a lot isn't reported publicly because of shaming, blame, fear of not being taken seriously, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    honestly... i kinda think you deserve what you get when you drink. you wanna fuck your body with poison? why should i care when you actually get fucked?
    No, you really don't "deserve what you get" when you drink. Too many who think consent still applies just because you gave consent before you got too drunk.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-07-11 at 01:29 PM.

Oh wow, that's nice.

The victim blaming is strong in this one; innocent, trusting, inexperienced, or naive!? You deserve to be raped!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    No, you really don't "deserve what you get" when you drink. Too many who think consent still applies just because you gave consent before you got too drunk.
    Unless you're completely passed out, though, you shouldn't be absolved of responsibility for your actions, especially when you knew that one common outcome of drinking is reduced inhibitions/aversions to things you otherwise wouldn't do.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    General rule:
    If it uses the term "rape culture", don't argue with it. Not worth the trouble.
    Totally true - womyn invested in their victimhood are not rational, and neither are the self-appointed white knight males who get self-worth from being superior to 'those' unenlightened 'other' men.

Also, "women never lie about rape" is a myth (not that it happens nearly as often as actual rape - but not as often doesn't mean never):

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/07/09/555...ccused-of.html

http://www.insidehighered.com/quickt...-title-ix-suit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nds-years.html

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ary_lines.html
    Last edited by Kruncholyo; 2013-07-11 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Unless you're completely passed out, though, you shouldn't be absolved of responsibility for your actions, especially when you knew that one common outcome of drinking is reduced inhibitions/aversions to things you otherwise wouldn't do.
    You don't have to be passed out. I've been drunk to the point I've been unable to make myself understood yet been awake, unable to actually react properly but still awake. Should someone be free to just have intercourse with me in such a state, because I'm not passed out?

The first "don't be that girl" poster is asinine. Completely and totally.

The second one isn't a problem at all, because that's a very real problem. False accusations of rape are pretty damn serious, and even if they're not successfully charged for it, it can cause permanent and serious damage to their reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Careful there, people get angry when you tell them that they should have to take some responsibility for putting themselves in a situation where they increase their vulnerability.

I totally agree. People who are stupid enough to drink, much less even more stupid to drink copious amounts should face the consequences of their actions. Unless someone is force feeding you alcohol, then it is your choice and yours alone to poison your mind and impair your cognitive function.

First time I heard the hilarious term "rape culture". What the hell is that supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    First time I heard the hilarious term "rape culture". What the hell is that supposed to be.
    I think it's another buzzword.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    You don't have to be passed out. I've been drunk to the point I've been unable to make myself understood yet been awake, unable to actually react properly but still awake. Should someone be free to just have intercourse with me in such a state, because I'm not passed out?
    Wouldn't it just be safer and better not to be drunk so that you would be able to make yourself understood? Wouldn't be an issue at all if you didn't drink something that impairs your brain.