Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Boblet View Post
    What happens if somebody transfers off their realm with the top time?
    Same as now: the person who transfers loses their name in the rankings while the other four keep it.

    What they really need to fix is cross-realm groups for Challenge Mode ladders. Right now 4 players from server A can carry one player from server B to a gold medal time, and if the time is good enough it will earn the title on server B even though only one person from the realm was in that group. If that person then transfers then the ranking is held by 4 people who were never on that server.

    I like cross-server groups for many things, but if they want to make this fair realm-based competition, which realm based times/titles are, it should have a minimum of four people from that same server to qualify for server-best rankings. Plus it also stops groups from selling feats of strength/titles on other realms.

  2. #22
    You're all looking at it wrong.

    The titles ARE permanent if you're the best.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

  3. #23
    They should be something to keep competition alive for 1st place. It's for longevity.

    If you honestly expect ANOTHER title for CMs to be permanent for a Gold time then you missed the point entirely.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    You're all looking at it wrong.

    The titles ARE permanent if you're the best.
    The sole fact that people aquire new gear makes this statement wrong.
    Sure, it gets scaled to 463... doesn't change the fact that the 5.4 gear has OP proccs (CD reduction trinkets and legendary cloak aoe proccs come to mind).

    Let alone the fact that it's highly unlikely for someone to reach the mathematical top-time... so there's always room to improve and people will always beat you at some point in the future... which makes those titles indeed temporary (you lose them when your time gets beaten).

  5. #25
    the only competition we've had has been some X realm groups anyway, and we've always succeeded in taking our realm bests back, curious to see how the titles will affect the realms competition.. I welcome the challenge previously we have always smashed our old records whenever someone surpassed us

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    The sole fact that people aquire new gear makes this statement wrong.
    Sure, it gets scaled to 463... doesn't change the fact that the 5.4 gear has OP proccs (CD reduction trinkets and legendary cloak aoe proccs come to mind).

    Let alone the fact that it's highly unlikely for someone to reach the mathematical top-time... so there's always room to improve and people will always beat you at some point in the future... which makes those titles indeed temporary (you lose them when your time gets beaten).
    legendary cloak proc will most likely not work in CM, the meta doesn't and neither did the 500 stat gem, the only working thing so far is the extra prismatic socket

    edit: also gear matters very little, I'd argue that faction matters much more, the rank one group beat all their old times by a mile when they went horde, aoe silence is godly for some things and the extra 20% haste cd on most of your dps is nothing to scoff at, they did cheat a little imo though.. fire festival buff :X kind of lame but whatever, I don't think anyone would have surpassed their times anyway and at least they beat the faggots that abused the bug with RJW back in the day...they will have their title as well because of a bug which is yeah.. lame.
    Last edited by Gnoe; 2013-07-12 at 04:14 PM.

  6. #26
    I'm surprised Blizzard has not seen how this will have a very negative effect on CM's and the impact it will have on new players not being able to find decent groups (without having to pay).

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I'm surprised Blizzard has not seen how this will have a very negative effect on CM's and the impact it will have on new players not being able to find decent groups (without having to pay).
    Huh? What makes you come to this conclusion? Anyone getting boosted will never be able to get one of these titles. This doesn't affect 95% of CM groups, except to get them back into doing CMs after they're 9/9 gold (which is exactly what Blizz wants).

  8. #28
    What if I already have some of the realm best times and even spread across my account. I'm boosting CM's for gold and I usually overwrite my own best times on different characters.

    Imo they just remove all CM times when 5.4 hits because certain times are physicly impossibru to beat because of the monk SCK bug.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    What if I already have some of the realm best times and even spread across my account. I'm boosting CM's for gold and I usually overwrite my own best times on different characters.

    Imo they just remove all CM times when 5.4 hits because certain times are physicly impossibru to beat because of the monk SCK bug.
    Every CM time with the monk bug has been beaten.

    And gear matters alot.
    For each socket you about 60main stat + some offstats, but you can socket 160main stat. So, more sockets = very good.
    Last edited by Yindoo; 2013-07-13 at 10:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For more overused and misunderstood terminology in MMOs, see: Pay to Win, Casual, Hardcore, Carrot on a Stick, Ganking, Trolling

  10. #30
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    2,352
    new thing for carry groups to sell...fantastic >.<

  11. #31
    The major problem with this is that most top challenge mode times will be unbeatable in 5.4 with the vengeance nerf. All world first times (by the same group) are done by vengeance capping the tank and then zerging through with good classes.

    I would be extremely surprised if the world first times are beaten next patch.

    Also dreoras, according to what i've heard, you wont receive the realm best/titles unless you have a group of at least 3 people from the same realm (your realm).
    for example, your brewery & gate time wont be a realm best since you are the only one from frostmane there. of course this is only what ive heard, so may be untrue.

    Craw
    Last edited by Crawmerax; 2013-07-13 at 10:32 AM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawmerax View Post
    The major problem with this is that most top challenge mode times will be unbeatable in 5.4 with the vengeance nerf. All world first times (by the same group) are done by vengeance capping the tank and then zerging through with good classes.

    I would be extremely surprised if the world first times are beaten next patch.

    Also dreoras, according to what i've heard, you wont receive the realm best/titles unless you have a group of at least 3 people from the same realm (your realm).
    for example, your brewery & gate time wont be a realm best since you are the only one from frostmane there. of course this is only what ive heard, so may be untrue.

    Craw
    Vengeance nerf? There is a vengance nerf for 10/25man raids, but I did not hear anything about other situations.

    The twitter post:
    @Ghostcrawler: Going to try Vengeance cap at 30% health (down from 100%) in 10s and 50% of health in 25s. This is a big change, so might be 5.4, not 5.3
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For more overused and misunderstood terminology in MMOs, see: Pay to Win, Casual, Hardcore, Carrot on a Stick, Ganking, Trolling

  13. #33
    I didnt think about that Yindoo, and you may very well be right - but I would assume that they wont leave vengeance the same for other difficulties as well.

    What about non instanced raids ie world bosses? it may not be cutting edge content but if they want people to not stand in the fire, Im guessing that they will either make it 30% for 10s and lower, and 50% for 25+, or they will also make a third, separate rule for non instanced groups. But i could be wrong :P

  14. #34
    Sad i had quite a few realm firsts back when i originally did it...... Probably wont go back and try again for these

  15. #35
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,329
    Wonder if the last person to have the title when the 6.0 prepatch (or at latest, 6.0 expansion) hits will keep it forever.

  16. #36
    Brewmaster cyqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where the pros reside
    Posts
    1,318
    to the people saying they should be permanent..

    NO. they should not. its for the sake of competition, people will be competing and it will keep people doing them.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    to the people saying they should be permanent..

    NO. they should not. its for the sake of competition, people will be competing and it will keep people doing them.
    They better be permanent once next expansion hits though otherwise I will be a sad panda. Even if Blizzard finds a way to scale us down in level just like they scale our gear down, trinkets and general class buffs would completely destroy the challenge in challenge modes.

  18. #38
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,511
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Wonder if the last person to have the title when the 6.0 prepatch (or at latest, 6.0 expansion) hits will keep it forever.
    I'm guessing they could add a level-scaling system as well so people get scaled down to 90 when doing them during the next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    They better be permanent once next expansion hits though otherwise I will be a sad panda. Even if Blizzard finds a way to scale us down in level just like they scale our gear down, trinkets and general class buffs would completely destroy the challenge in challenge modes.
    the gear from new patches has already indirectly nerfed challenge modes even in 5.2 - new gem and better itemized sockets and socket bonuses already increase success rates.
    I do agree with you however, Id like to think of it as the end of a season, since there would be a lot of class overhauls in an expac, already blizzard are talking about overhauls of hunters and rogues - who knows what impact that may have!
    Amused to Death | Formerly of Ascendance

  20. #40
    So much wrong info in this thread.

    Of course those selling runs won't give you a better time than they had with their own full group, since you're not as good as them, needing to pay for it in first case, so it will be slower than what they can do with a good player.
    If somebody pay for it, they should know somebody else will pay the day after for the same title. Doubt people want to pay 2-300k for a one day title.
    If you finally do it from the start of the expansion, why should you have a permanent title for just being the first that ever completed it on gold. It's not really a big challenge.
    Only thing really helping in challenge runs is more sockets, andthe prismatic legendary socket, which surely is a good thing, but you get that even from lfr.

    Good thing about this is people will keep competing more than before.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •