Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Of course those selling runs won't give you a better time than they had with their own full group, since you're not as good as them, needing to pay for it in first case, so it will be slower than what they can do with a good player.
    Which is why such boosting groups regularily achieve server-best-times, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Which is why such boosting groups regularily achieve server-best-times, right?
    generally most boosting services wont be on your realm, so most likely you wont get the realm best FoS.

if they are on your realm, lucky you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    Award titles to anyone who gets gold on the challenge mode and participation rates will skyrocket. I'd quit being lazy and complacent with my silvers on all of them and shoot for some titles.
    I would start doing CM's at all, tried once but not really my thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Meh... Gate of the Setting Sun sounds so lame. It should have been "Gatekeeper ______" Would be much cooler in my opinion.
    I'd prefer "______ The Watcher on the Wall".

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They would bring in a LOT of players for Challenge Modes if they made the titles permanent.
    I completely agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Cant wait for threads like "player XYZ *cheated* in challenge dungeon XYZ so its NOO chance for rest of us to get this/those cool titles"
    You know there will be some
    But think of it this way.

(Hypothetical) Patch 5.4 adds in some super crazy ability for Warriors, turns out it makes AoE too damn easy. Warriors heavy groups end up getting top times no one else can compete with, eventually Blizzard realizes it's pretty overpowered so they nerf it. But it's not an exploit, it's legit, so there really is no need reset the leaderboards (Think of overpowered PvP teams, even after a nerf they don't lose their ranks) Thus, these teams now have an advantage time due top bad balance that people just can't beat.

The balance rollercoaster known as MMOs mixed Ladders which don't have a timed reset are something too many MMOs screw up.
    Last edited by Millie; 2013-07-14 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    eventually Blizzard realizes it's pretty overpowered so they nerf it.
    for example, rushing jade wind for monks, possible vengeance nerf next patch, and tank threat reworking (riposte) - but even blizzard said they would endeavour to keep the leaderboards legit, and that hasnt happened. Im surprised these titles and achieves have even been implemented, theyve shown no love for cmodes since they implemented them.

although i have 6 realm fastest atm (low pop realm), it's kinda stupid to only have the realm fastest have them.
    Rather would have a platinum medal that gives the title or something so ppl would go there again after they obtained their gold medals as the realm fastest can only be done with fotm comps on crowded realms.

I also dislike a bit the special snowflake thing, that's why platinum medal would be better.
    Gold can be done playing solid, platinum if you play near perfect or something.

But I like Stormbrewer

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna be rocking that Darkmaster or Purified defender title until H Garrosh. Providing they are account wide.
    9 feats are going to be fairly over the top, surprised they didn't just make them regular achievements, it'll bump
    Me to 87 feats and they'll be accounting for over 10% of my feats.. Doesn't feel right.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Would be nice if challenge modes weren't so heavily influenced by what classes you stack. Some classes it will be near impossible to achieve it on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Every CM time with the monk bug has been beaten.

And gear matters alot.
    For each socket you about 60main stat + some offstats, but you can socket 160main stat. So, more sockets = very good.
    Gear doesn't matter a lot.
    I've got a group of alts using heroic dungeon gear without jade spirit/proper bracer enchants or half of the sockets ToT gear provides and we got some top US 30th times on our first runs, beating the realm bests by minutes. (And beating people like Challengeguy on a handful of them).
    After tonight most of the group will have the top Oceanic challenge scores and top10 US. (I'll be #2 prot pally US providing someone doesn't show up in the next few hours and get some godly times) and look at my gear.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character...ak/Yoloswagcow
    Our priest, also.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character...drak/Swagbunny
    Sure, we had a warlock in full H ToT gear which has all the sockets, but it was also the first time he'd done cms and wasn't topping meters.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2013-07-14 at 11:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Siegebreaker as a temporary title?! What the eff Blizzard...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

A socket is -80, not -60.
    You also lose secondary stat (-80, iirc).

But, yeah, having a lot of socket is good.

I think the titles should be permanent. Scarlet Commander, Darkmaster and Siegebreaker are too cool to be temporary titles.

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    Didn't see them on the front page (or anywhere else for that matter), thought I'd list them for those interested.
    Most of these are guess-work, if anyone finds any mistakes just point them out and I'll edit them.

Code:
    Gate of the Setting Sun			<Name>, Defender of the Wall
    Mogu'shan Palace			Mogu-Slayer <Name>
    Shado-Pan Monastery			Purified Defender <Name>
    Siege of Niuzao Temple			Siegebreaker <Name>
    Stormstout Brewery			Stormbrewer <Name>
    Temple of the Jade Serpent		Jade Protector <Name>
    Scholomance				Darkmaster <Name>
    Scarlet Halls				Flameweaver <Name>
    Scarlet Monastery			Scarlet Commander <Name>

Those titles are temporary, meaning you only get to keep them as long as you have the realm-best time for the according Challenge Mode Dungeon.

Although I mostly likely won't ever obtain one of those I still like the idea.
    Personally I would love Scarlet Commander <Name>.

Would be nice if you got to keep the title once you got the realm-best time, other than having to hold it forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They would bring in a LOT of players for Challenge Modes if they made the titles permanent.
    And what prestige or value would they then hold if they were permanent.
    Since a lot of people would then be earning them.

It would increase numbers sure, but at what cost.

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    to the people saying they should be permanent..

NO. they should not. its for the sake of competition, people will be competing and it will keep people doing them.
    What if the people who hold the titles at the end of each raid tier got to have it permanent?

Deleted
    Anyone know if Virtual realms will share the title, or did they scrap that idea again?

Deleted
    After getting one of the titles on ptr:

-you get the title upon zoning in to a new place, not inside the dungeon after you complete it (i guess to do with updating leaderboards)
    -title is NOT available on alts,
    - you will keep the FoS even if someone beats your time.

Meh temporary...not worth it imo.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."