Poll: Would you pay for a third spec?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Would you pay for a third spec?

With all this controversy over the in-game store, I've wondered something. Everyone wants a third spec. But what if, however, Blizzard made this spec something you have to pay for. Pay once, and all characters on your account have a third spec.

So with that, would you pay for this? If so, how much? I wouldn't. I'm too cheap, and two specs are good enough.

I can't think of any reason I'd want to pay for a 3rd spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    With all this controversy over the in-game store, I've wondered something. Everyone wants a third spec. But what if, however, Blizzard made this spec something you have to pay for. Pay once, and all characters on your account have a third spec.

So with that, would you pay for this? If so, how much? I wouldn't. I'm too cheap, and two specs are good enough.
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind if that was placed in the in-game store. Really, wouldn't bother me. We don't really need a 3rd spec tree, we want it.

As a Paladin, I wouldn't mind having a tree for Retribution, just so I can say that I have that spec but most likely wont use it.

And for price, well, a one time charge but not sure what price. But should be fair enough to state that it's not temp, but shouldn't be free either. In my book, anything that is more then needed, should be charged. Like the XP booster pack too, you don't need it but you want it - so pay up.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'd pay as much as blizz was willing to offer it for
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't need one for any reason I can see that I can't be perfectly happy making do with two for, so I wouldn't bother.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd open my wallet wide for three specs.

Of course they would pay. Hell, they pay to buy pokemon from the pet shop, ofc they would pay for a 3rd spec.

Deleted
    I would hate to pay for it as I don't think a sub based game should sell things like that, but ultimately I would begrudgingly pay as much as it was up for (as long as it wasn't a ridiculous price).

Deleted
    in a word, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the price. For all characters ever to have tri spec, I would def pay 50$ or so. Single per-character basis, 5$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    I would want to but my moral code wouldn't allow me to do so.

It would be nice not to have to respec/retalent/redo my bars to rofl LFR as mistweaver. Worth a few dollars, certainly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would. Only if it was like 5$ though. A one time pay for a 3rd talent slot would allow me to play whichever spec I want to at a given time.

Not a chance. Even 5 is too much for such a small thing. I'll take it for free though.

If wow goes free to play, yes, atm, no.

I don't even need a second spec.

For 50k in-game money, np! Actual money? GTFO please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslow View Post
    If wow goes free to play, yes, atm, no.
    Please don't even dream of an F2P WoW. You either have to start with a sort of F2P plan or not at all. All steps I've seen on games from Pay to Play (subs) that has gone to F2P has gone terribly wrong.

Think Guild Wars 2 had a good idea of it, buying the game and then enjoying the content (though with the bit of the game being more costly than it's competitors).

And well, a 3rd spec isn't a small thing. It's more something on the market for people who don't need it, but want it.. You know.. Like that 60.000 dollar car that you really want, but there's one for 40.000 that is just as good but isn't the same feel. Or, buying a purse for 1000 dollars, but you really don't need one so expensive, you can easily manage with one for 300 dollars or even less (Examples.) The whole view being, you shouldn't get luxury things like that just for free in my book. You don't need them, but you want them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

no and i wouldnt hang around if it was an option

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd pay gold but not real money.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |