Poll: Would you pay for a third spec?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    As opposed to buying your flasks for 100g a piece? Not really sure how that's pay-to-win in any shape or form. Pay to win means you have an unfair advantage over other people because you are getting something that cannot be gotten in the game. Buying flasks or food does not count as it only saves you potentially time and gold. Likewise with the 3rd spec it still does not qualify because you could just hearth back to town and respec so again it only saves you time and thus does not qualify.
    You realize this is the model for f2p.. this is exactly what you just described. By that logic I should be able to buy lvl 90s and buy all my gear.. since I could get that on my own time too

And to anyone who says yes they would buy it.. Pathetic, you do realize you control the market right? Not companies.. the only reason that the mobile auction house is free is because no one bought it and someone else offered it on their game for free.

Dlc as a whole confuses me.. like batman. I payed 60 dollars for a game that gave hours on hours of gameplay.. Harley quinn's revenge takes what.. a half hour and costs 30 bucks? Where do these price structures come from? From people willing to pay for it. And that is fine.. that is capitalism, but when I hear how people - don't have enough money for essentials, yet pay for this, it's pathetic

Also, I would never say I would pay for anything, why give them idea to sell it? Buisness is like bartering, the consumer barters with the seller buy buying or not buying.

People love throwing money away... like when Kickstarted break their goal and keep going.. why?
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2013-07-12 at 01:24 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I don't even need a second spec.
    Same here, I regret buying dual-spec when it first came out. I've never used the thing. I wouldn't buy a 3rd spec with money, gold, or even for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Same here, I regret buying dual-spec when it first came out. I've never used the thing. I wouldn't buy a 3rd spec with money, gold, or even for free.
    It's nice if I wanna tank and dps spec... but then I cant pvp, I would like a pvp spec, hell if I'll ever pay money for it. It takes what, the same code as dual spec
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dual-speccing was much more of a convenience when it was introduced. You had to buy new glyphs, completely re-select your talent trees, and rearrange your toolbars if you wanted to change specs prior to its inclusion.

There's really no reason for Blizzard to instate a "third spec." (especially for money.) They'd be much better off simply putting in a toolbar manager.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I already pay my subscription. I shouldn't need to pay more to remain competitive.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

I'm fine with 2 specs and I don't feel the need for a 3rd spec, especially for money.

10+ Year Old Account
    For real life money? No!
    For < 10,000g? Sure.

I'm a mage so I dont need a frost, fire and arcane spec. No, I wouldnt pay (money or gold) for a third spec.

No. Why? Because we already pay a subscription.

F2P games get away with this practice because that's the only way they can generate revenue from it besides box sales / initial downloads. WoW, however, is not a F2P game and thus shouldn't be doing this at all.

If I actually played the game, I would pay for a third spec EASILY. It's fucking annoying having to balance between PVP and PVE talents on the fly, or changes in gear, or other things where that extra spec is invaluably convenient.

However, I heard that you can change talent trees anywhere and don't need to visit a trainer anymore so...my opinion was based on Cata playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    To tell you the truth I don't think I even use both of my specs as it is, even on my tanks and healers.

My Rogue has a PvP spec that I've used all of maybe twice? So I'm not sure I'd be too quick to sign up for a 3rd spec even if it were free.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would pay gold; No way in hell would they try some bullshit like making you pay real money for a third spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Only if it came with a bonus bagslot that let me carry around yet another set of gear.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    And have to carry around an Enhancement set, as well as Resto and Elemental? Fuck that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would pay 1k or so. I wouldn't pay real money.

As a hunter, no, MM is worthless anyway. But if it was cheap and for an alt, sure
    (Say paladin, druid, monk or something that can actually use 3 specs in different ways, so to speak)