I have a few questions regarding Rogue PVP.

Are Assassination Rogues supposed to be using Ambush over Mutilate during their openers?

I know that Death Knight's AMS makes them immune to poison damage, but does it also make them immune to our Shadow Blades?

Is there any definitive answer and how to use Shadow Blades as Subtlety? I see some players say to use Shadow Blades and Shadow Dance together, and other players of a similar rating say this is a horrible idea so can anyone clarify on this?

Are 4 combo point Eviscerates legitimate, or should you always wait for 5? I've heard some players suggest using 4 combo point Eviscerates during Dances or when Shadow Blades is up and your combo point generation becomes skewered.

How are you personally tracking your Feint? I use Nug Running to track everything, but it doesn't track Feint and am looking for a way to better manage my Feint status if anyone has any advice that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    I'd use Garrote or Cheap Shot over either, in PvP.
    Ambush yields no real benefit, besides when used vs poorly equipped cloth wearers. The other 2 apply cc and Garrote lets skip Rupture for some time in favor of first getting all the other stuff we need going. SnD, Recuperate, Kidney Shot.
    For damage reasons though: Mutilate is said to be better. In PvE.

I'd assume it does, can confirm it though.

You want to use as many Ambushs as possible during Dance, so stacking it with Shadow Blades will either make you use less Ambushs or waste (more) CP, due to the way too high generation during that period.
    So, I'd say don't stack the too.

Can't really say much about this one.

That's an interesting question for me as well. I prefer the improved Feint when playing Combat, due to the high energy regen the cost barely matters, but I tend to forget it more often than not or let it run out. So, an easy and simply way to track it more obviously would be nice, yup.
    Oh, I'm one of those Rogues who usually uses subterfuge even as Mutilate, so I'm basically trying to find out the ideal opener in terms of burst. Garrote is usually obviously the first ability I throw out there for venomous wounds, but I'm not really certain which to go with after that. Ambush or Mutilate? I've had way more success with Mutilate over Ambush even though on paper perhaps I shouldn't?

Since no one seems to know I'll try to test Shadow Blades if I can find a willing DK tonight because I really would like to know (for both when playing my Rogue and my DK).

In Cata I obviously used more Ambushes during a Dance because they hit harder than Eviscerate, but now with the hard hitting Eviscerates would it not take priority over Ambush? Rogue class is so hard to understand in terms of perfect gameplay right now, I guess because of how underplayed we are. A lot of other classes have definitive guides.

And that is one of the few things about Combat that seems appealing. I've heard that they can actually afford to spam feint AND keep recuperate up (Sub and Mut. both having to worry about keeping bleeds going - AND SnD for Subtlety makes spamming recuperate really hard).

Ambush is trash.

Mutilate is more damage than Ambush even though it costs less. If you are Subterfuge with Mutilate, you shouldn't be using Ambush unless you are cloak and dagger and that's how you can get to a target. I don't even have it saved on my mutilate bars. Last tier it had some merit with Shadow Focus, but it's just junk now, sadly.

AMS absorbs spell damage up to a limit. This does in fact affect shadow blades.