10+ Year Old Account

EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC with or with ACX (love the green LED)

EVGA offers quite the variety of gtx 770 cards. Looking at one with SC already in it. Aside from the memory (2GB vs 4GB) there are essentially three models.

1) with with standard cooling (02G-P4-2771-KR)
    2) with the new ACX cooling (02G-P4-2774-KR)
    3) with maybe the TITAN cooling ( 02G-P4-3771-KR)

I had been looking at option #2. seems like it got quite good stock cooling and has good reviews. But as I think about my new rig being planned I sorta wanted a green theme. and option #3 above has the GeForce 770 light up in green on the edge, which ascetically should look cool. I cant really find much in the way of performance comparision in #2 and #3 and wondered what your guys views might be.
    [talk about taking out the trash]
    Gateway GX7022e Pentium (R) D @ 3.00GHz | nVidia GeForce 6200 | 2GB of Joe blows RAM | ancient WD 300GB HDD | Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002 | wrapped in ugly Grey/Black generic Gateway box
    [yes its time for a new rig!]

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the ACX cooling. Much better than any of EVGA's standard blower coolers.

The ACX is the way to go. eVGA coolers have always been acceptable but nothing more in the past. With the ACX they've caught up to the competition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why couldnt they have put a partial silver shround on the card.. or something that would allow that green LED on the edge. It looks sweet and would be good in a green themed case. I've read the ACX cooler is good. but frankly I couldnt tell or understand the price premium on the gtx 770 version that have the silver (metal) versus the plastic. The $$ difference seems greater than just plain shroud material. Thought maybe the "titan" looking one offered something else
    Gateway GX7022e Pentium (R) D @ 3.00GHz | nVidia GeForce 6200 | 2GB of Joe blows RAM | ancient WD 300GB HDD | Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002 | wrapped in ugly Grey/Black generic Gateway box

Moved to sub-forum.

I like the Titan-cooler.

Deleted
    I have the ACX cooler, and imo it's kinda weird. It sounds kinda loud, even at 40%, which is the lowest it will go. It doesn't spawn ear-destroying monsters when its spinning in the high RPMs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    I have the ACX cooler, and imo it's kinda weird. It sounds kinda loud, even at 40%, which is the lowest it will go. It doesn't spawn ear-destroying monsters when its spinning in the high RPMs though.
    In comparison, Gigabyte REV 2.0 cooler is inaudible at its 20% "idle" state (950 RPM) and is whisper quiet at 40% (1900 RPM). 50% is slightly audible. 100% (4300 RPM) it sounds like a jet engine but I don't think my lower powered 760 has ever gone above 60% in general use.

An alternative is to get the Gigabyte REV 2.0 770 (or even a EVGA ACX 770) and buy green LEDs. Plain LEDs are pretty cheap, but require a little DIY to use in a computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Moved to sub-forum.

I like the Titan-cooler.
    And thats the cooler on the standard version? or specifically on this version?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130939

still trying to understand why its $40 than this ACX version
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130921

- - - Updated - - -

well the EVGA SC ACX was one of the options I was considering. Guess I could manually string some green LEDs. In my minds eye I have the H100i corsairlink logo green, the GPU green, and some green cabling. need to think about it.. and consider if the extra $$ is worth it for a color coordinated rig that only I will really see

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130921

10+ Year Old Account
    You're going to have to make the trade between function or form. The ACX is going to run a fair bit cooler, while the standard/titan cooler is going to look better.
    Last edited by Killora; 2013-07-12 at 05:50 AM.