Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Is Azshara the most powerful non Titan/Old God character in WoW?

Seeing all the debates going on in the Jaina/Thunder King thread, I'm amazed at the fact that some are actually arguing Jaina to be almost if not stronger than Queen Azshara. Azshara is hands down the strongest mage in WoW, and if we take all things in to consideration, possibly the strongest character who is not of Titan or Old God origin.

For a summary:
    -Mannoroth remarked that in the War of the Ancients, only Sargeras and Archimonde (and thus Kil'Jaedan), would be able to defeat her. This was 10,000 years ago as a Highborne.

-Her magic at the time was so powerful, that even after Illidan detected her to be using a charm illusion, he was unable to resist her. Even lesser demons were infatuated with her.

-She was transformed into a Naga by N'Zoth, and has been empowered by him for 10k years. To give a comparison, it took roughly 4 years for N'Zoth to turn Deathwing from a problem the other Aspects were hesitant but fully able to death with, to something that even the combined Aspects stood no chance against on their own.

-She has been living in the Well of Eternity since the War of the Ancients (or at least its remains).

-She has Neptulon's trident and thus, control over the oceans.

I don't know what you guys think, but that right there is stupidly powerful. I'm not too sure if even Kil'Jaedan would be able to defeat her. Anyone agree?

THANK YOU. This really needed to be said again. People simply don't understand her power.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    N'zoth is an old god, so if he transformed her and empowered her, she's NOT non-old-gold, and thus not the most powerful of those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    THANK YOU. This really needed to be said again. People simply don't understand her power.
    I sure didn't, tbh.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    25 people in LFR with 1/3 of them afk will be able to beat her :P *wink

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Blah you and your game mechanics get out

Also, nice name change. Pretty funny actually.

Algalon style... so no!

I think the Lich king would defeat her in a 1v1 combat. Deathwing would also defeat her due to his sheer size, force, power, strength. Kil'jaeden/Archimonde should be able to also. Garrosh with the power of the old gods would be very very powerful too, he should be even stronger than deathwing.
    Last edited by Sotha Sil; 2013-07-11 at 06:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Seeing all the debates going on in the Jaina/Thunder King thread, I'm amazed at the fact that some are actually arguing Jaina to be almost if not stronger than Queen Azshara. Azshara is hands down the strongest mage in WoW, and if we take all things in to consideration, possibly the strongest character who is not of Titan or Old God origin.

For a summary:
    -Mannoroth remarked that in the War of the Ancients, only Sargeras and Archimonde (and thus Kil'Jaedan), would be able to defeat her. This was 10,000 years ago as a Highborne.

-Her magic at the time was so powerful, that even after Illidan detected her to be using a charm illusion, he was unable to resist her. Even lesser demons were infatuated with her.

-She was transformed into a Naga by N'Zoth, and has been empowered by him for 10k years. To give a comparison, it took roughly 4 years for N'Zoth to turn Deathwing from a problem the other Aspects were hesitant but fully able to death with, to something that even the combined Aspects stood no chance against on their own.

-She has been living in the Well of Eternity since the War of the Ancients (or at least its remains).

-She has Neptulon's trident and thus, control over the oceans.

I don't know what you guys think, but that right there is stupidly powerful. I'm not too sure if even Kil'Jaedan would be able to defeat her. Anyone agree?
    Hmmm..... I'd have to go with Malfurion Stormrage. He's around the block for 10.000 years too already..
    He defeated Azshara before and the Well of Eternity was destroyed in the event.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually she's not the most powerfull character non titan / old god, etc...

The strongest non-titan / old god character is:

MEDIVH!

But was Mannoroth referring to his allies or all the inhabitants of Azeroth? No denying shes powerful (more so than most people think) but his words in your sense made her the most powerful being on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Azshara does have the biggest Ass..et to future lore.

Last edited by Trassk; 2013-07-12 at 12:42 AM.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Hmmm..... I'd have to go with Malfurion Stormrage. He's around the block for 10.000 years too already..
    He defeated Azshara before and the Well of Eternity was destroyed in the event.
    He personally didn't defeat her. It took him and 5 others, one of which was a dragon....

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Actually she's not the most powerfull character non titan / old god, etc...

The strongest non-titan / old god character is:

MEDIVH!
    [IMG]http://images.wikia.com/wow/es/images/d/d7/Medivh.png[/IG]
    Yeah but he went into the realm of super forgotten chars and will never exist again :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotha Sil View Post
    I think the Lich king would defeat her in a 1v1 combat. Deathwing would also defeat her due to his sheer size, force, power, strength. Kil'jaeden/Archimonde should be able to also. Garrosh with the power of the old gods would be very very powerful too, he should be even stronger than deathwing.
    I don't understand how people can possibly think that Deathwing or the Lich King could stand up to Azshara.

Kil'Jaeden is the only one who I could see matching her in power. But even then, I would think that by now, she'd be a little stronger than him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but he went into the realm of super forgotten chars and will never exist again :P
    Hahaha, well he appeared in the last book of Thrall... so is not impossible, and in the comic he appears quite often (he's the father of med'an)

10+ Year Old Account
    He personally didn't defeat her. It took him and 5 others, one of which was a dragon....
    I admit, I had to check back on that. Wasn't so sure anymore after your reply...

Here's what's on Wowpedia about the event:
    Azshara and her highborne were prepared for them, and her chaotic magics ripped Malfurion's forces to shreds. But it was the sight of Tyrande falling to the hands of Azshara's former Highborne, now transformed into satyrs that gave Malfurion the strength for one final strike.

Azshara's battle with Malfurion threw the portal out of its magical alignment, and the vortex grew unstable. Malfurion cast a spell to create a gigantic gale that would rip all the demons from the ground and send them on a one-way trip into the Well and to the Twisting Nether. The Well of Eternity then started to collapse on itself, pulling land, Azshara's palace and the ruined city of Zin-Azshari into itself. Although Sargeras knew that the portal was closing, he tried to do the unthinkable - step into the portal to recreate it and enter Azeroth. The portal finally collapsed and trapped Sargeras in it. The Well of Eternity exploded in a catastrophic eruption that left the world sundered forever.

However, Malfurion survived. Constructing crude rafts and sailing to what would become Kalimdor, Malfurion, Tyrande, and Cenarius agreed to lead their people to a new home.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I don't understand how people can possibly think that Deathwing or the Lich King could stand up to Azshara.

Kil'Jaeden is the only one who I could see matching her in power. But even then, I would think that by now, she'd be a little stronger than him.
    Na Kil'jaeden is stronger than Azshara, but is true that is really silly when people start comparing Azshara with The Lich King and Deathwing, they both could attack Azshara together and, in the end, they will most likely fall...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well said OP - Azshara was crazy powerful 10,000 years ago and has been growing her power in hiding since then. She'd make a worthy expansion final boss.

I'm kinda hoping we face her in a Great Seas expansion first, then take N'Zoth down in an Emerald Dream expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Omoidaseba View Post
    N'zoth is an old god, so if he transformed her and empowered her, she's NOT non-old-gold, and thus not the most powerful of those.
    The title refers to characters that are neither Titans nor Old Gods - Old God empowered entities still count.

Azshara's 'power' may be exaggerated. All of the highborne were greatly augmented by the well of eternity, which no longer exists.

While she may be a highly skilled sorcerer, I think the bulk of her magic came directly from the well (It's kind of like saying someone's a great boxer because they put iron weights in their gloves).

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I admit, I had to check back on that. Wasn't so sure anymore after your reply...

Here's what's on Wowpedia about the event:
    Well that didn't really defeat her now did it? It actually helped her.