Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I was always a fast tank. I was known for being hard on the healer because I was a maniac when pulling, but if a DPS pulled then it was on them to tank it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    No, you are complaining in a very childish fashion - whining.

If you weren't, you would have phrased this entire thread very, very differently.
    I have been pondering, he may be observing. But if you state that alot of posts from a different thread contains alot of whining, and then goes "Why all the whining".. Aren't you in the end, whining about the whiners? *rubs beard* A complaint goes under whining, if you point out something specific about a complaint can be marked as whining too as you didn't like it.

*rubs beard more* I just managed to confused myself a little. But conclusion is, OP is tilting towards the whiny bit.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Personally, I play a tank. As far as I see, in Heroic Dungeons/Scenarios, and even during trash pulls in LFR, I don't see a problem with DPS pulling as long as they don't bomb rush into a huge pack of them and cause a death or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StopYourWhining View Post
    No sigma, my post was not a whine
    Yes it is. You're whining. You're just another self-centered child. Go do your chores.

Can someone like halfway intelligent please point out which part of my post was "whining"? I'm literally just curious as to why tanks are bitching on forums instead of learning how to play better. It's not like dps pulling in mop 5 mans causes wipes. You don't even need a healer for 5 mans in the xpac, I have done it multiple times and I pull just as fast with no healer as I do with one because guess what? It doesn't matter whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone like halfway intelligent please point out which part of my post was "whining"? I'm literally just curious as to why tanks are bitching on forums instead of learning how to play better. It's not like dps pulling in mop 5 mans causes wipes. You don't even need a healer for 5 mans in the xpac, I have done it multiple times and I pull just as fast with no healer as I do with one because guess what? It doesn't matter whatsoever.
    But, OP. You fail to realize, it does matter. You may be geared, but others may not. And 5 mans can still wipe if people are too cocky or if it goes too fast for a low geared healer, or even tank.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    #StopYourWhiningSoICanKeepBeingACockyPrick
    hashtag shit isn't really how a post runs. Fixed it for you.
    Infracted; Don't contribute to spam. (Sonnillon)

But seriously, you have to take other people in consideration.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-07-12 at 12:32 PM.

The whole point of a forum is to come together to discuss each others opinions, not belittle people or their knowledge of their class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plot View Post
    The whole point of a forum is to come together to discuss each others opinions, not belittle people or their knowledge of their class.
    Indeed. Though, the history of forums is more volitile than it once were.

Deleted
    No sigma, my post was not a whine but an observation of the "why are people so impatient" thread. If people like you, who cannot distinguish between genuine whining and people pointing something out then it's no surprise the playerbase has degenerated into the disaster we see today.

I keep seeing threads with butthurt tanks crying about dps pulling before them in 5 mans. I even saw one tank go as far as to say they have to "look out for patrols"........
    Whining about tanks who maybe learning the class for raiding, or actually want to do a proper job by protecting the group.

I play a tank as a main. In the current state of 5 mans, if a run is taking you longer than 10-12 minutes, you are doing something wrong. Point blank period.
    Even More Whining about length of a dungeon (were not all decked out in heroic thunderforged TOT gear, or even in LFR gear. so it may take a little longer than you like.

Nobody wants to stay in a 5 man with your terrible ass pulling 1-2 packs at a time when you can literally run from boss to boss and kill it all at once and its hilariously fun and no one will die(unless you're a bad tank)
    Whining about tanks pulling at what they consider the limitation of their current skill, Maybe their gear can do better but not everyone is an experienced tank able to pull half an instance.

Point in case, stop whining on forums and get better at the game.
    Whining about people who post on forums, and whining at people who may not be as skilled as you would consider to a suitable tank for your instances.

There are a couple of very simple solution's to people not pulling how you like them too,
    1 - Roll a tank (you say you have this so you got that covered)
    2 - Instance with people you consider to be capable tanks
    3 - Accept that Dungeon finder is not filled with people who out gear and out skill heroic dungeons, But is in fact filled with people with a varying degree of skill, gear, and experience, The majority of which will be those that are gearing up, or learning the class / spec.

Sure you might get the occasional group which out gear it, and great enjoy it, but don't accept it for granted that this is or should be the norm. If you want it to be the norm for your runs, then I suggest you look at option 2.

Don't know I see no reason to start crying when a dps pulls. Even in bad gear a tank can easily handle normal trashpacks unless you pull half the instance not even mentioning that even a dd can comfortably tank a mob in an instance given the healer isn't total trash. There is no reason to get used to staring at the mobs first for 20 seconds before pulling in hopes they die of old age or drop better shit.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-07-12 at 07:43 AM.

The real irony here is when I was playing a DPS before I was asked to switch back to tanking, I saw wipes sometimes because the tank just charged ahead, skipping anything and everything they could, and often somebody else pulled by accident. It's this moronic "I need to be done in 12 minutes" crowd that need to get a life and GTFO. As a tank I do not skip trash, because the short time it takes to kill said trash is less than the time to recover from a wipe when somebody inevitably accidentally pulls the pack trying to sneak around. That's the mark of a good tank, not how fast you can chainpull the dungeon to clear it.

OP is obviously a troll.

Deleted
    In my case I can't really avoid it, since I end up pulling aggro off the tank anyway due to gear and burst dps. Plus I've solo'ed all the 5-man hc's anyway (w/o the 15% pug buff) so I simply tell them not to worry if I end up tanking something.

Sadly the days of 5-mans requiring skill and attention from all roles are gone, everything is too zergable now :/

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    In my case I can't really avoid it, since I end up pulling aggro off the tank anyway due to gear and burst dps. Plus I've solo'ed all the 5-man hc's anyway (w/o the 15% pug buff) so I simply tell them not to worry if I end up tanking something.

Sadly the days of 5-mans requiring skill and attention from all roles are gone, everything is too zergable now :/
    good dps know how to manage their threat in any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post

There's a difference between a good DPS that knows that they might pull and that they can handle it if that happens, and braindead "thiz run iz 2 slow cmon tnak gogogo" DPS that want things to be over in 10 minutes or I guess they'll die due to ADHD

Deleted
    If you're a dps and pulling on purpose ahead of the tank, you're doing it wrong. When I tank, if I see a dps hero thinking he can solo the whole damn instance, I 1st ask him to stop. If he doesn't then I just stand back and do nothing. If someone in the group gives lip I tell them they already have a tank so I'll just dps instead. Eventually it ends up with a dead dps hero or a wipe and then it's time for vote kick.

Had a mage just yesterday evening doing it in Scarlet Monastery hc, but the instance is short and the great geared priest healer managed to keep everybody up inspite of me just watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    If you're a dps and pulling on purpose ahead of the tank, you're doing it wrong. When I tank, if I see a dps hero thinking he can solo the whole damn instance, I 1st ask him to stop. If he doesn't then I just stand back and do nothing. If someone in the group gives lip I tell them they already have a tank so I'll just dps instead. Eventually it ends up with a dead dps hero or a wipe and then it's time for vote kick.

Had a mage just yesterday evening doing it in Scarlet Monastery hc, but the instance is short and the great geared priest healer managed to keep everybody up inspite of me just watching.
    you're just as much of a jackass as the dps who run ahead and pull. if you're upset enough to throw a tantrum, leave the group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxyde View Post
    you're just as much of a jackass as the dps who run ahead and pull. if you're upset enough to throw a tantrum, leave the group.
    What and get deserter because of some douchefag with ADHD and not even forcing him to learn any lessons either ?! Oh no, that's what victims do, only victims just bail when things don't go their way. I prefer to do something about it.

you're right i was wrong. you're not AS bad, you're worse. not only are you a big part of the problem with warcraft because you want to pout and make three other people suffer because you're salty with one person. you're also a biggot who thinks calling people fags is cool. i feel truly sorry for those around you.

if you were a good tank, you'd keep doing your job, while making sure the stupid dps get killed.