Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I DON'T LIKE BACON!!!!!!!

....Because when I eat it, there's no more left until I buy more! Which sucks...

Would love bacon even more if I never ran out of it *nods*
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heenk View Post
    Learned behavior. "Oh I belong to such and so subculture now, I must appropriate the norms of that culture". Same reason Star Wars is held in such high regard, and people actually subject themselves to Dr Who.

See also frat boys, atheists, and so on.
    *twitches*
    Did you just bash Atheism and Doctor Who in one post?
    *takes a deep breath*
    I hope you don't.

Have never actually had it, never been much of a meat eater so i fail to see why i'd enjoy it as a breakfast (a slice of toast usually does me). It does smell nice though :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by matiasve View Post
    So vegetarians are either hippies, or strict buddhists? I didn't know that! Thank you for your wisdom, o mighty one.
    But wait ... what about:
    -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environ..._vegetarianism
    Honestly, I'm almost a vegetarian <- Living at home, while studying in college, prevents me from being a full vegetarian, since my parents don't like it *sigh*
    The reason why I'm pro-vegetarianism is that it's 1) Healthier... 2) Better for the environment ...
    The Ethical Reasons are a bonus I guess...
    Environmental Hippy doesn't eat meat.
    Bleeding Heart Hippy doesn't eat meat.

Two most common reasons to become a Vegetarian are hippy reasons. You are in fact a hippy. I too eat mostly Ramen and Rice in college, that was because I was too broke for meat, I never considered myself a Vegetarian during that time. Although I did cut out all pork products and tried to become kosher for a few years... but then I had a Bacon Wrapped Kosher Dog and my Bacon senses came back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Learned behavior. "Oh I belong to such and so subculture now, I must appropriate the norms of that culture". Same reason Star Wars is held in such high regard, and people actually subject themselves to Dr Who.

Except that atheism makes sense, having an obsession with bacon does not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post

Two most common reasons to become a Vegetarian are hippy reasons. You are in fact a hippy. I too eat mostly Ramen and Rice in college, that was because I was too broke for meat, I never considered myself a Vegetarian during that time. Although I did cut out all pork products and tried to become kosher for a few years... but then I had a Bacon Wrapped Kosher Dog and my Bacon senses came back.
    ... I ... can't even ... just ... ~
    *sigh*
    Let me illustrate

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayona View Post
    Really? One kind of meat, cut and cured and cooked a certain way made my sub 12 year old self have issues? okay. Maybe its time to look in the mirror with that one.
    I am a 42 year old bi-sexual fat Semitic German Hybrid living in the rich part of Los Angeles with no actual money in the bank, I can eat any food, I never get sick, last cold I had was when I was 17, the last viral infection was a flu when I was 22. So I must be doing something right, granted I'm too insane to hold a job but I make enough money to afford the rent, and have the things I want. I live pretty much stress free, and I live to the beat of my own industrial drums.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two most common reasons to become a Vegetarian are hippy reasons.
    Not everyone switches to vegertarianism or veganism out of some desire to huge trees and small animals. Some people, like myself, do it strictly to achieve certain health objectives. I have nothing against eating meat. I just choose not to eat it.

10+ Year Old Account

Now that sounds to me like you are saying you are too good to enjoy things, especially if other people are enjoying it too. I believe there is a term for that.

If you like a thing then enjoy it, we live short meaningless lives and then die, if you can't enjoy it you are doing it wrong, if you dislike a thing because it is popular you are the one with issues, not the other way around.

Bacon is an Awesome flavor, the Canadian Jewish Guys who get drunk and cook bacon are hilarious. The also play Video games.

Two most common reasons to become a Vegetarian are hippy reasons. You are in fact a hippy.
    Holy ignorance! You, Sir, are a piece of work!

I only like the lean part of the bacon, I make them cut the fat off before they cook it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cooking bacon is one of those omg I want that smells, along with popcorn and garlic bread... at least to me it is. Before hand I couldn't have cared less until someone started cooking it.

Deleted
    I love bacon but I do not rave about it or create threads about it, this internet craze needs to die ASAP. Bacon has been around as long as pigs yet it is only the last 5 years that people are going crazy about it, bacon ice cream indeed.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    Not everyone switches to vegertarianism or veganism out of some desire to huge trees and small animals. Some people, like myself, do it strictly to achieve certain health objectives. I have nothing against eating meat. I just choose not to eat it.
    You are doing it wrong if it's dietary, most studies show you need at least bird or fish protein in your diet to remain healthy. Cutting out Red Meat is a good health move, cutting out all meat protein is not. Do I need to bring up the Baby in France who died because the mother was a strict Vegan?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I love bacon but I do not rave about it or create threads about it, this internet craze needs to die ASAP. Bacon has been around as long as pigs yet it is only the last 5 years that people are going crazy about it, bacon ice cream indeed.....
    I was leery of Bacon Ice Cream... until I had it. Sure it is an example of going too far with a good thing, but then I live in LA I have had Bacon Ice Cream, Garlic Ice Cream, and Pistachio Ice Cream, So far the Bacon was the best one, although Garlic had it's merits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Holy ignorance! You, Sir, are a piece of work!
    Nope just calling it as I see it. I will call a hippy a hippy every time. Did I mention I hate hippies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Honestly...I've never really understood everyone's obsession with the stuff.
    Neither have I.
    Statix will suffice.

You are doing it wrong if it's dietary, most studies show you need at least bird or fish protein in your diet to remain healthy. Cutting out Red Meat is a good health move, cutting out all meat protein is not. Do I need to bring up the Baby in France who died because the mother was a strict Vegan?
    Bullshit. Vegetarians that have milk or eggs have just as good or even better protein sources than omnivores. Vegans that are careful with their diets and make sure the amino acid composition of their overall protein intake is as good as possible aren't missing much at all either. Protein is the worst argument you could've brought up. Also, could you provide a link to these bullshit studies?

- - - Updated - - -

Nope just calling it as I see it. I will call a hippy a hippy every time. Did I mention I hate hippies.
    I think being a reflexive vegan-basher is the hippiest thing possible you can do here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Bullshit. Vegetarians that have milk or eggs have just as good or even better protein sources than omnivores. Vegans that are careful with their diets and make sure the amino acid composition of their overall protein intake is as good as possible aren't missing much at all either. Protein is the worst argument you could've brought up. Also, could you provide a link to these bullshit studies?

- - - Updated - - -

I think being a reflexive vegan-basher is the hippiest thing possible you can do here.
    Show me your data, I have all of human history on my side.

As for Vegan Bashing, I am not, Stupid people who choose to become Vegan yes every time. But then I make fun of stupid people all the time, regardless of who or what they do.

I have several good and close friends who are Vegan, they are not vegan because of some fake moral sense, or fake desire not to harm cows. They are vegan because they came from a Strict Buddhist family. I have no issues with that it makes sense, if you are born and raised to a way of life, and are raised on a diet, cool.

But most Vegans I know choose that lifestyle and complain every time they see someone eat meat. They say stupid shit about the health and welfare of the animal, or 'did you know a grown man has 15lbs of red meat lining their intestines.' Maybe where you live you have people who can stop eating meat and be social and nice in the common society, where I live they become worse that the door to door religion salesmen. So yes I hate people like that, and I make fun of them because they eat fake meat and take vitamins to give themselves meat proteins.

Deleted
    Show me your data, I have all of human history on my side.

As for Vegan Bashing, I am not, Stupid people who choose to become Vegan yes every time. But then I make fun of stupid people all the time, regardless of who or what they do.

I have several good and close friends who are Vegan, they are not vegan because of some fake moral sense, or fake desire not to harm cows. They are vegan because they came from a Strict Buddhist family. I have no issues with that it makes sense, if you are born and raised to a way of life, and are raised on a diet, cool.

But most Vegans I know choose that lifestyle and complain every time they see someone eat meat. They say stupid shit about the health and welfare of the animal, or 'did you know a grown man has 15lbs of red meat lining their intestines.' Maybe where you live you have people who can stop eating meat and be social and nice in the common society, where I live they become worse that the door to door religion salesmen. So yes I hate people like that, and I make fun of them because they eat fake meat and take vitamins to give themselves meat proteins.
    they actually say that? i do not even eat 15lbs of red meat a month and I am on a keto diet.

Bacon? No thx. Don't like it. I'd rather have chicken, and LOTS of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    they actually say that? i do not even eat 15lbs of red meat a month and I am on a keto diet.
    I hear it at least once a month when I go to Trader Joes to get Organic Meat, and cheap wine. (BTW the best grocery store in LA is a hippy like store called Trader Joes, only they do it right they themed the chain Hawaiian, and have good quality organic stuff and cheap but good quality alcohol, sadly real hippies go there as well.)