I'm an intern; she's an intern. Going out for drinks next weekend.

I saw a thread on here and have an eerily similar situation in my life. I am an intern at a mortgage company for the summer and another intern and I have been flirting essentially since I started working at the company. I've only got another month and a half of time working at the company until my internship ends, but there is a chance they could extend me an offer to work into the fall when I go back to university. Is it a bad idea to go out and get drinks with her?

Neither of us called it a date, but it sounds very date-like. I know these things can get complicated when it's employee-supervisor at a job you'll be there for a while, but we are both interns (and I couldn't see myself working at this company long-term (i.e. post graduation))

What do you guys think?

Deleted
    I am an intern at a mortgage company
    Do it, fuck working at a shit hole like that man!

Deleted
    If you both want to carry on working there after your internships end then do not go out with her, relationships at work rarely end well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    If you both want to carry on working there after your internships end then do not go out with her, relationships at work rarely end well.
    I'd agree with you maybe if they were both firmly entrenched in their careers. Being interns at a mortgage company, on the other hand? Go for it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    A month and a half isn't a while at all, and seeing how you don't think you have a future there go for whatever you feel is right!

Get her pregnant...that way she is so busy taking care of the baby that you have more time to play WoW.

Be careful not to have sex with her if she's had a drink; that's apparently rape around these parts. Go wild on orange juice and water instead.

do it, but play it cool - dont make any moves, just think of it as an evening with a friend, see if it leads to another more cosy date

edit: if you play it slow, you'll have more time to figure out what is going on with your internship in the longer term, also, if she does make a move before you get down and dirty explain your concerns and discuss it together as she is likely aware of the same potential issue of dating a co-worker
    Last edited by smokii; 2013-07-13 at 10:25 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't jump to conclusions. Take it as friendly and don't assume anything.

So what if you work at the same place? Unless your job is being a secret agent in a shitty movie, dating someone you work with is normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Be careful not to have sex with her if she's had a drink; that's apparently rape around these parts. Go wild on orange juice and water instead.
    Reminds me of when a distant relative in Belfast was having his stag, we had to make sure he only drank coke and orange juice ;P

He was only allowed to touch the booze at the hotel!

Deleted
    Enjoy your time with her, don't be too hasty or you might end up with a big turn-off and an awkward situations at the workplace between you two.
    Take it easy, step by step, enjoy each others company and if she wants to fuck, then fuck.
    Don't forget to tell her not to expect relationships or w/e, as girls these days tend to believe you will marry them in an instant if you sleep with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Thank you for the laughs.

This is almost as bad as the ground beef post. It's time to stop posting.

Tread very carefully - she could be just be looking to vent out about work with someone she trusts, possible a one night stand for stress release or share the same feelings that you might have. Let her lead the way.