Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    Religion isn't to do with a person "liking" something, that's to do with having to follow some made up bullcrap in order to have done as they're told for the "next life", or whatever. Vegetarians are just psychologically ill people, and people with allergies may LIKE bacon, but can't eat it incase it kills them.
    There are several different reasons why people become vegetarians. Calling all vegetarians psychologically ill is pretty retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the whole wide world, there is always at least 1 person different from everybody else. In this case crazier for not liking bacon.
    "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
    "That is the only time a man can be brave."
    -Lord Eddard Stark

10+ Year Old Account
    Religion isn't to do with a person "liking" something, that's to do with having to follow some made up bullcrap in order to have done as they're told for the "next life", or whatever. Vegetarians are just psychologically ill people, and people with allergies may LIKE bacon, but can't eat it incase it kills them.
    You're talking about liking the taste, but finding something disagreeable for whatever reason, would also mean that they didn't like it.

So I stick by my post, and watch as this thread turns into bashing you over your vegetarian comment.
    Last edited by Kalis; 2013-07-12 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Apparently a lot of people don't like bacon, enough to cause a stink (heh) that a restaurant called "bacon bacon" would cause the area to smell like bacon. Bacon lovers are raising their own stink in response.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000....html?mod=e2fb

I'm 36 and I have never ever tried Bacon, or eggs for that matter. I don't know why, but at this age I just can't bring myself to try it. It does smell good though, I like Pork Chops and I was told they taste almost the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vegetarians are just psychologically ill people
    Why? Your stomach's PH level is naturally suited to a vegetarian diet. Vegetarians are doing what their body was actually built for, vs. omnivores who had to be taught to consume meat.

Granted, we can of course process it, and that's a great survival mechanism we have built in just in case, but if you look at your tummy's chemistry we're not technically supposed to be eating it, and we actually work better without it.

I love it, but I prefer more salty foods than sweet foods.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Honestly...I've never really understood everyone's obsession with the stuff.
    I agree. It's good, but I really don't care if I eat it or not.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I love it, but I prefer more salty foods than sweet foods.
    same here. jalapeno chips, bacon, etc ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    That demonstrably live longer and healthier than your average omnivores.
    Only because vegetarians tend to eat healthier all around and put more focus on not eating the artificial and sugary crap..

Where the bulk of people don't put any focus on eating healthy by any means, but also eat meat.

You can eat meat and be just as healthy, you just also have to watch everything else you eat as well..

OT:
    Bacon is meh..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    That demonstrably live longer and healthier than your average omnivores.
    lolwut? maybe if you believe everything ingrid newkirk says.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't eaten anything pork since 2002. Ever since I was a kid, eating pig gave me headaches. Now the mere thought of eating bacon makes me want to throw up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Deleted
    I dont like it, i dont think bacon is so "popular" in europe as it is in america.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate bacon. Just the smell of it makes me want to hork.

I probably wouldn't be petitioning to close a restaurant though. I would just avoid that area. Retch.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Sialanne View Post
    "Edwin's house of eels"
    I want to find a place called that.

OT: I hate bacon. But I'm weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas View Post
    I dont like it, i dont think bacon is so "popular" in europe as it is in america.
    I would have guessed at it being the other way round.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate bacon, but I hate the way people cook it. I don't understand the appeal of crunchy grease...

The only bacon I eat on a regular basis is turkey bacon.

Deleted
    It's gross and unhealthy.. so yea, the less bacon and it's nasty smell the better

It's perfectly normal that people complain about it too, who wants the value of their property to drop? It doesn't matter if it's a bacon shop, a fish gutting factory or a sewage recycling facility.

Deleted
    I don't like the taste and texture of bacon personally. Honestly, some of my friends seem to think that I'm already one foot in the lunatic asylum for suggesting that bacon is not the best thing in the universe. I'm just not a fan.

Deleted
    I like bacon but like someone else said it's overrated, just like a rare steak! But i suppose i'm biased against that as it looks downright disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Apparently a lot of people don't like bacon
    To answer the question, this is in the Haight-Ashbury district of San Fransisco, the most Hippy place on Earth. As a Los Angeleno I love everything about California besides San Francisco, and the Heart of my dislike is Haight-Ashbury, I always try to enjoy San Fran when I visit friends who live there, I really do, but then the tiny hippy cars start to annoy me, than when I finally find a place to park, I have to walk a ton just to get around. Because my car is too big for most of San Fransisco. Then I visit Haight-Ashbury, and I smell the patchouli oils and I get unreasonable, I start to mutter 'F**king Hippies' then I notice all the Toyota Prius(es) and I see old hippy art on doors, I realize most of the people here are vegan hippies, I usually then run to my 18 foot long Lincoln fire up my 20 year old V8, and put on the darkest Black metal possible and race back to los Angeles.