• Rabbits are Pets

33 16.10%
  • Rabbits are dinner

23 11.22%
  • Both

149 72.68%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have had em as both. Shoot sometimes it was a pet then a meal.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Pets. I don't regard any animal as "food".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Dinner. Anything that is dumber than a cat cannot be considered a pet. Comon, rabbits and everything that doesn't even listen when you call it isn't a pet. It's something that you put somewhere so you can look at it. Not better than a picture, you just gotta keep it alive in addition to that.

Might as well just eat it.
    Maybe it doesn't deem you worthy of its attention ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of both rabbits to me are pets however to my grand parents they see it as dinner... it's lower on the acceptable scale than say sheep/cows are however much higher than other pets...

My rabbits are adorable they run around the garden 24/7 <3

To the people claiming rabbits are stupid, have you ever had a rabbit as a pet before? If no then you have no right saying that they are stupid. They can be very affectionate, caring and loyal. Yes it's true that they have a small brain but they are anything but stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate rabbits as pets, but haven't eaten them either. I don't see why they can't be both.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    To the people claiming rabbits are stupid, have you ever had a rabbit as a pet before? If no then you have no right saying that they are stupid.
    Really, one now needs to own a creature to assess its intelligence? What a convenient criterion.

To the people claiming rabbits are stupid, have you ever had a rabbit as a pet before? If no then you have no right saying that they are stupid. They can be very affectionate, caring and loyal. Yes it's true that they have a small brain but they are anything but stupid.
    I have had em, they are dumb. They eat, shit and fuck. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I have had em, they are dumb. They eat, shit and fuck. That is all.
    Sounds pretty similar to humans to me I'm not saying rabbits are the smartest pets around, but if you interact with them enough they will also play with you and even like you!

Anyway, who says only intelligent animals can be pets? Like I said earlier, I like to care for all kinds of animals, even if the animals don't really aknowledge me(allthough rabbits do if you spend enough time with them). I'm just glad if I can keep them happy and make sure they have a good life. Nothing wrong with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see the distinction....can't they be both? People keep cows and chickens as pets, but also eat them. I have two kittens that I adore, but I've eaten and enjoyed cat meat.

Deleted
    They're not dinner for me, I havent eaten one and probably never will! But i don't care what everyone else does.

I had one and i must say he could be quite stupid! That doesen't mean he was not sweet and loyal though well he wasn't really loyal but still cute!

Deleted
    I find rabbits incredibly annoying, and I can't see why anyone would want one of these hyper jerks as pets, then again - people nowadays enjoy putting the label "pet" on anything, be it crickets, snakes, turtles... so who am I to argue.

Now, served on my plate I find them absolutely delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not both, actually!?

Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    I find rabbits incredibly annoying, and I can't see why anyone would want one of these hyper jerks as pets, then again - people nowadays enjoy putting the label "pet" on anything, be it crickets, snakes, turtles... so who am I to argue.

Now, served on my plate I find them absolutely delicious.
    Turtles have been held as pets for AGES, not sure about snakes, Shoot crickets too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crickets_as_pets
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2013-07-11 at 11:17 PM.

Deleted
    Turtles have been held as pets for AGES, not sure about snakes, Shoot crickets too.
    I bet they are in some cultures.

EDIT: Yes, I should't have put the word "nowadays" there, my bad - people have been weird since forever. Especially religions that follow the whole reincarnation thing.
    Last edited by mmocbfaacb1cad; 2013-07-11 at 11:21 PM.

Deleted
    Both. Just like cats, dogs or any other domesticated animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjau View Post
    I don't think I have ever tasted rabbit. It's not really a common meat to eat in my country, but I'm sure it's not impossible to get a hold of here.
    I have pet rabbits though, so for me rabbits are pets! I wouldn't mine tasting rabbit but I would never eat my pets. I actually wouldn't mind tasting cat and dog either, or pretty much any meat, aslong as the animal isn't mistreated before it is slaughtered!
    In the U.S you won't find rabbit meat in stores so Generally you breed them our buy them from someone who does.
    Never actually hunted wild Rabbit though as I was always told they are less meaty and the meat itself is generally of much lower quality.

My answer would have to be neither. They're incredibly boring pets (really, they just kind of sit around, at least cats each spiders and such) and there's no reason to eat one when I can have steak, or salad, or pasta, or just about anything else.

It's not very common here in Australia, they're a pestilence here so probably not many people farm them.

I used to eat it every now and then, rabbit is pretty awesome. But I've also seen a lot of people have them as pets. Can't it be both? Though probably not at the same time...

- - - Updated - - -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crickets_as_pets
    People have kept snakes domestically for thousands of years, for one reason or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    For most of the world, pending country, any pet can technically be dinner.
    I have had Cat, Dog, Horse, Dolphin, Whale, and Rabbit while I was over in Japan, and they all tasted quite good.

hell I even cooked an octopus alive on a grill once while i was over there. seemed kind of malicious, as watched the natives do it, so I did it, but it actually tenderized the meat, so what do I know.

But Rabbits, they are quite delicious. >.> what next on the menu to try... yep, gator. But in terms of pets, than can be. Hel I even had one as a pet when I was younger, loved it.