Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Zephyrites - Things seem to be getting closer to Crystal Desert

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/commun...he-zephyrites/

I knew it!

Tdlr: The zephyrites harness the spirits threw the bones of Glint (has her magic resides in them still) and after the dwarves have died the orginal zephyrites took the role of protect glints kin and secrets.

I like little lore stories like this. Just wish this was in game somehow, it would make these living stories more coherent to the world.

Not sure if it means we will go the Crystal Desert but I'd certainly welcome it.

I can't imagine Kralkatorric would sit idly by with glints offspring and magic around and I bet Palajoka has acquired some remains of Glint.

I have to think that Kralkatorrik is the next dragon we are going after.

Actually, Doozer, that lore is in game, if you talk to the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Actually, Doozer, that lore is in game, if you talk to the right people.
    ...or listen to them. I just wished that we could save / collect these lore bits. Some of them make little sense without context and it would be nice to take a look at the whole picture (via. a tab like the personal story tab for example). Wouldn't it be cool that the more you find of these conversations, the more your lore-tab expands with newfound information?!

Although I've not played GW1 part of me just has to scream "CRYSTAL DESEEEERT!"

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I can't imagine Kralkatorric would sit idly by with glints offspring and magic around and I bet Palajoka has acquired some remains of Glint.
    Do you mean Palawa Joko? D: Idk if he would have it. Palawa isn't in the Crystal Desert technically, he's in the Desolation, which is more southern and in Elona, which is cut off by Kralkatorrik i think/the damning of the Elon river. But since Kralkatorrik is in the way - killing him next would make sense tbh.

Imo, if they have bones and Glint's power, Kralkatorrik would be pretty pissed. The name "Zephyrites" also seems deserty to me lol. The ship however has some similar structure to Canthan cities from GW1, like Kaineng and stuff, but thts probably just a coincidence tbh, they won't go to Cantha this early, and I doubt they even can without messing up the lore.

I think the new Labyrinthe Cliffs zone was a love letter to the fans who loved Cantha.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    ...or listen to them. I just wished that we could save / collect these lore bits. Some of them make little sense without context and it would be nice to take a look at the whole picture (via. a tab like the personal story tab for example). Wouldn't it be cool that the more you find of these conversations, the more your lore-tab expands with newfound information?!
    I would love something like that, a place where the details of the world are written, like a personal notebook for the player - ideally a place which both auto-fills with lore bits as you encounter it, and a place where the player can keep notes in-game.

I'd like a system similar to GW where you get a book and have to do missions/quests for it to get filled in. Once you've got the entire book you can click a button and a clip plays out the story in a brief trailer like fashion. I know this would probably take a lot more time but I think it's worth it since people then get another thing to strive for and get a better sense of what's going on.

A good example of where this would work perfectly would be the Ebonhawke books. Collect them all click a button to "bind" them and then watch as the story unfolds...

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    I would love something like that, a place where the details of the world are written, like a personal notebook for the player - ideally a place which both auto-fills with lore bits as you encounter it, and a place where the player can keep notes in-game.
    Or like the GW1 books- as they are driven by gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrax View Post
    Do you mean Palawa Joko? D: Idk if he would have it. Palawa isn't in the Crystal Desert technically, he's in the Desolation, which is more southern and in Elona, which is cut off by Kralkatorrik i think/the damning of the Elon river. But since Kralkatorrik is in the way - killing him next would make sense tbh.

Imo, if they have bones and Glint's power, Kralkatorrik would be pretty pissed. The name "Zephyrites" also seems deserty to me lol. The ship however has some similar structure to Canthan cities from GW1, like Kaineng and stuff, but thts probably just a coincidence tbh, they won't go to Cantha this early, and I doubt they even can without messing up the lore.
    Well he is undead, might as well swim in the sand.

I think the new Labyrinthe Cliffs zone was a love letter to the fans who loved Cantha.
    There was def an Asian theme. Cantha theme though? Ehhh... maybe the paper lanterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    That would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Or like the GW1 books- as they are driven by gameplay.
    Yeah, I like the GW1 books too.

Some kind of book, tome of knowledge (war hammer), swtor's codex, or tsw's log would be great if they could put it into this game. They already have something similar with the personal story log. I'd like to see something recorded into your log every time you discover a point of interest or an important conversation.

My body is ready for Crystal Dessert. On the official forums there was someone who made his/her way out of LC to the dessert and found a single Dessert Wurm there so i'm guessing we're getting closers. There's also a door which leads into the Elon River/Crystal Dessert from Mount Maelstorm. The Crystal Dessert was one of my fav. places from GW1 so i would love for it to come back as soon as possible.

Oh my.. Crystal Desert one of my favorite zones in GW1, it's going to be awesome with GW2 graphics!
    Last edited by Harnace; 2013-07-12 at 11:28 PM.

Here's a gallery of someone who fell through the new Skyhammer PVP map into an area that may or may not (depending if you believe Skyhammer is in the Mists) be the Crystal Desert.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Well he is undead, might as well swim in the sand.

There was def an Asian theme. Cantha theme though? Ehhh... maybe the paper lanterns.

According to wiki Zephyrites are made of both Elonian and Canthan humans. (Well first sentence says 'or' but I think it means that there are only two races - Elonian and Canthan and any Zephyrite is Canthan or Elonian)

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zephyrite

Also - don't expect Cantha to look like 250 years ago.

I'm up for Crystal Desert! Palawa might get there via portal in Desolation that leads to southern Crystal Desrt (and vice versa).