Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    That's probably your area, not steam. MY complaint is that steam always maxes out my connection (25mb/s)
    You can actually limit your download rate now, which is great. It's in settings under download tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    The slowest i've downloaded anything on Steam was 4Mb/s. The problem is from your end.
    Yea, definitely. It's always "it's not MY connection" with whiners like OP. I've downloaded probably hundreds of games from Steam, considering I've downloaded many of my games multiple times, and it never fails to max out my connection which is 24mb/s these days.

Steam Client? I love it.

No more "Where the hell did I put that disc? I was sure I put it back in it's correct box!"

My only gripe? Stop with the sales already! My poor wallet (j/k)
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Deleted
    I have very very few problems with Steam, at the start of this sale I had some issues paying (pls pls take my money!) but other than that I love it.

I only have ME3 in Origin and never had a problem there either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drahzere View Post
    mbps =/= MB/s
    18.7 MB/s = 149.6 mbps

So like, whatever man.

Deleted
    never had problems with steam.

i actually like it

its trash, maybe a little better than Origins. i just hope the bnet client can add other games so i never have to use steam or origin again

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    its trash, maybe a little better than Origins. i just hope the bnet client can add other games so i never have to use steam or origin again
    Don't like to bring down hopes but I highly doubt Bnet client will go beyond Blizzard's games. If you're into conspiracies, then it might turn into Activision's "Origin".

Steam is fine, unlike origin.

No ads, rarely lag.
    Though, i would like more control over which games it auto updates or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Don't like to bring down hopes but I highly doubt Bnet client will go beyond Blizzard's games. If you're into conspiracies, then it might turn into Activision's "Origin".
    Origin is from EA.
    You know? Electronic Arrrrsssse.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Origin is from EA.
    You know? Electronic Arrrrsssse.
    I know that, hence the quote. In case you misunderstood, I meant that Bnet would be to Activision what Origins is to EA. Not that I actually believe it.

Blizzard doesn't really have enough ground to make another platform like that, even EA's platform is highly questioned by many.
    Steam is good at what it does, because it is good at what it does.

EA just made it because they didn't want to pay the 30% cut to Valve. In the end they are cutting their own feet because many gamers refuse to install their bloated spyware.
    Funny thing is, Apple takes a 30% cut off any apps in the iStore as well.

Not sure about the M$ or google play markets, but I suspect they take a cut just as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I know that, hence the quote. In case you misunderstood, I meant that Bnet would be to Activision what Origins is to EA. Not that I actually believe it.
    What you said could not have been interpreted that way.

But if it's any consolation, both of you bashers sound equally stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never had any issues with either Steam, Origin or Uplay lately.

Only issue with Origin at this point besides being expensive is people still being paranoid thinking it is spyware. It used to be but they changed their ToS and how their program works in regards to what it scans a while ago regarding that and if you wireshark it ( a software that tracks what is being sent through your network protocols, you need to have decent technical networking knowledge to operate it properly though ) while browsing the web it do not send anything identifiable over what so ever as well with there being options now to shut off the data sharing it is now limited to.
    Last edited by zealo; 2013-07-13 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greed001 View Post
    Steam doesn't distribute games at 100 mbps. Or 80. Or 70. Or 60. Or 50. Or 40. Or 30. Or 20.
    My top speed is roughly 11 MBps. Similarly it's also 100 Mbps.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2013-07-13 at 10:54 AM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the offline mode was more reliably friendly but overall I think it's great, wasn't a fan when I first used it (cs1.6 I think) as it didn't seem stable but it was improved quite quickly after that.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Better than origin thats for sure.

Deleted
    i think the amount of updates is ridiculous, that's why i dont like Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    I wish the offline mode was more reliably friendly
    That's my only gripe. Other than that, I feel like its awesome. Met a ton of people through steam as well

Bought 2 games off steam before OP, never had a problem. About as painless and ordering something from a webshop from my exsperience.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO