Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What is wrong with my head?

Basically, stuff is wrong with my head, and I don't exactly know what it is.

It's kind of hard to explain, but basically I have these "daring" urges to do stuff that are sometimes dangerous but always problematic. One not dangerous urge is clicking on stuff on my computer that would result into bad things. Like when I faketrade gold to someone (putting a huge amount in the trade window but never pressing trade), I always hold in the trade button and then move the curser off the button. It's stuff like that, doing things that would have problematic outcomes, but not quite doing them. Going as close as possible to doing them, but still not.

Then there are the dangerous stuff... Once I had the urge to burn my house down. I didn't like get a lighter and playing with it, I just stood there, angry at myself. Angry that I even had the urge to do that.

Another example is why I made this thread... This night I had a dream, and at the end I was at my house sitting in the sofa. I saw the electricity outlet(is that what they're called in english?) and I had this strong urge to touch it. I started touching the holes, and I thought that the skin wouldn't be enough to reach where the electricity flow. But, it was a dream and it did reach anyway, which resulted me in recieving a number of shocks. I got huge pain in my dreamheart and started yelling for help, but no one heard and my vision got dark, I thought this was the way I would die. I died and then I woke up, which dispells that myth.

But when I woke up, I had this strong urge to do it again. I got huge anxiety just by the thought of doing it. Fortunally that urge faded away, but now I'm here, sitting here wondering about what the shit is wrong with me.

Is this normal? If not, what is this type of thing called? Does anyone else have it here?

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best advise I can give you is to speak to a doctor about these urges.

10+ Year Old Account
    The compulsion part of it sounds like a category of OCD imo.

Yeah, you should go see your doctor about this.

Sounds like some kind of OCD.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wth don't ask us that's some fucked up shit right there go ask a doctor lol like that could be some serious stuff.

attention whore alert supppppppppppp, oooooo clicking on bad stuffs on compupet we got a badass /not and burning down a house u don't actally own...w/e brah.

Infracted - please post constructively
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-07-12 at 01:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone has urges that vary in what you are compelled to do and in their compellingness. For most they aren't a problem, and for those with highly compelling urges, willpower is normally the best solution instead of a medical solution that can do more damage than good if the urges can be dealt with otherwise. Until you actually do something or think that you will be unable to resist doing something terrible, business as usual is the best option.

To ease one fear, electrocution from a typical power outlet (electricity outlet as you said, either works) isn't very painful and has little chance of killing you unless there is something very wrong with you beforehand.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Well put it this way I sometimes feel like I should jump from very high places however I'm not suicidal if it continues I would talk to your doctor but I'd lea e it for a little bit give it another week or two.

Are you perhaps an adrenaline junkie?

I also read some article ages ago that explained why when we are in certain positions we think such abnormal thoughts. For instance you could not be suicidal and still consider what it would be like to hop off the golden gate bridge. Sitting on the top of high up place (i.e. cliff or tall building) with a companion and wonder what it would be like to give them a nudge off the edge. It may be genuine curiosity; wondering what would happen if you actually stuck a paperclip in the plugin, how long you can hold your breath before passing out, sticking a certain part of your body somewhere, driving off the edge of the road at a high speed, and so on.

I'd say you're just oddly curious like many human beings, but the compulsiveness does makes it sound like you're an adrenaline junkie from my meager psychological knowledge. Have you ever considered skydiving, rock climbing, or base jumping? Or becoming a cop in Chicago, Detroit, Omaha, LA, or NYC?
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    idk I've had the urge to open the car door while on the highway many times....fortunately overcame that

Quote Originally Posted by 2euphoric4me View Post
    Is this normal? If not, what is this type of thing called? Does anyone else have it here?
    Sounds like manic episodes, you probably also have episodes of depressed (down) - if so - bipolar is the word.

I think it's a normal part of development, assuming you learn to control those urges. Personally I get crazy ideas like that all the time. The difference is they are just thoughts now, and I'm not actually compelled to the point of having to resist them (it wasn't always like that though).

If you feel like you're having problems controlling the urges you need to get help though. It's all about control and if you lack it you can either develop it through self discipline, therapy, or you may need medication to assist with chemical changes in your brain (you may even have a form of brain damage that can be rehabilitated).

Just know that you're not crazy/special. There are tons of other people out there just like you, they either just don't admit it or they're the ones you see on the news after they lost control for the last time (like your dream). Don't wait until it's too late.

go to a doctor. i myself have been having strange thoughts for a few months now. thoughts about things i never want, or even have the urge to do. just uncontrolled thoughts. it's terrifying, but i don't have the money to be running to the doctor all the time. so i suggest going if you can, you don't want to live in fear of your own thoughts.

Deleted
    Become a daredevil,

But in all serious perhaps somesort of extreme sport would statisfy these urges of "danger" ?

W T F.... do not ask shit like that here... get some professional help......

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to act on these impulses, so set the house fire first then put your fingers into the light socket you kill 2 birds with 1 stone then
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

There is nothing wrong with you, it is normal to want to do dangerous things. We all have the impulse. Take for instance the famous rumble my fellow Evening News Team and I got into with several other stations to remain unnamed.

It was an irrational decision, but as humans we are driven to do irrational things.

It sounds perfectly normal, though I'm not a professional. Everyone gets stupid urges, the only question is if you act on them. Until it's actually difficult for you to not to jump off cliffs and such, you are fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrugs* sounds normal to me, but then....I'm hardly normal *walks away whistling*

*runs back* But seriously, everyone has crazy thoughts like that, as sad as it is we're never completely in control of our thoughts, there'll always be that devil on the shoulder, so to speak, telling us to do the dangerous, stupid things. Just think of it as a test of your will to avoid following them through.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/