Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Blade's Edge "leak"

So they put off implementing the new Blade's Edge last patch because they didn't like it. I just found this on their website:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/pvp/arenas

The link is to a a full album of images.

Sounds good to me. God I hate Blades Edge.

This looks shopped.

Still, I think they will fix Blade's Edge. I'd be 100% fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    This looks shopped.

Still, I think they will fix Blade's Edge. I'd be 100% fine with that.
    I thought it was shopped too, but it is from the main WoW site, so I think it's legit. Should be a very welcome change.

Oh wait, is that a new Nagrand too?

"Ok guys I don't really wanna spend too much time on this so let's just take the plywood over there and prop it up on each side of the bridge. Yep. That'll do it. Good work everyone."

Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    I thought it was shopped too, but it is from the main WoW site, so I think it's legit. Should be a very welcome change.

Oh wait, is that a new Nagrand too?
    Nagrand looks the exact same to me...what exactly are you seeing that you think is different?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    "Ok guys I don't really wanna spend too much time on this so let's just take the plywood over there and prop it up on each side of the bridge. Yep. That'll do it. Good work everyone."
    And you say that but despite it not being the most eloquent fix it certainly is effective at fixing the issues that arena had so not sure why anyone would complain about it.

Nagrand looks the same. I liked what blade's edge looked like slated for 5.3 better. Those long stone "planks" look really out of place.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's already on the PTR? Has been since it came up lawl.

And it isn't just a "plank" It's a full ramp like on the ends of the bridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

10+ Year Old Account
    it's kind of ugly.

I'm not sure I'd change BEM arena anyway, now that we have a wider range of maps, getting this one often is not such a problem.
    It's nice to have a more difficult map like BEM sometimes, with its poorer visibility and crazy y-axis.

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    it's kind of ugly.

I'm not sure I'd change BEM arena anyway, now that we have a wider range of maps, getting this one often is not such a problem.
    It's nice to have a more difficult map like BEM sometimes, with its poorer visibility and crazy y-axis.
    lol not even trying to jump your case, but try going up against ele/warlock as a melee sometime. between getting knocked off and lock portals you have a massive disadvantage, and yeah, i tried fighting ont he lower level, things go fine but when they get in trouble they run up top and you either let them get away, follow them up there, they knock you off, or jump off and teleport back up when you go after them. massively unfair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    it's kind of ugly.

arenas arent supposed to be pretty, they're supposed to be a functionally fair landscape to play on.

plenty of other pretty things in the game for you to prance through.

good changes to this map.

15+ Year Old Account
    No! I liked walking the tight rope!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    What, no more lock and monk portals on the pillars ? No more shamans thunderfucking you everytime you get close to them on that fucking pillar ? Good riddance!

I fucking hate terrain exploiting in pvp, it takes no skill, just some lucky positioning and you get a major edge over the opponents, often enough it actually WINS you matches because the opponents just can't get you down unless they have a dk or some other very specific ability from a very specific class. That's not pvp!
    Last edited by mmoc7f02ba85a4; 2013-07-12 at 07:21 PM.

Deleted
    Doesn't really look good but will now finally stop favoring classes with pushbacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is some super lazy modeling. Ok guys click on the poly cube, stretch it out, rotate it, put it in the middle, slap on the texture. Were good.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    That is some super lazy modeling. Ok guys click on the poly cube, stretch it out, rotate it, put it in the middle, slap on the texture. Were good.
    You do realize it's just an early stage testing arena, why should it look as good as it should be when it's just for testing purposes ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    arenas arent supposed to be pretty, they're supposed to be a functionally fair landscape to play on.

plenty of other pretty things in the game for you to prance through.

good changes to this map.
    Arenas are supposed to be pretty, other wise we'd have maps like this: http://media.moddb.com/images/games/...nge_x30000.png
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Looks like they added a wheelchair-accessible ramp to it

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    What, no more lock and monk portals on the pillars ? No more shamans thunderfucking you everytime you get close to them on that fucking pillar ? Good riddance!

I fucking hate terrain exploiting in pvp, it takes no skill, just some lucky positioning and you get a major edge over the opponents, often enough it actually WINS you matches because the opponents just can't get you down unless they have a dk or some other very specific ability from a very specific class. That's not pvp!
    While I despise BEM, this is a bit of an overstatement. Should we remove all pillars from the other maps too? Just have an open, flat space to fight on? Using terrain to your advantage has been a factor in battles since the beginning of time. It is definitely pvp.

Coming from a warlock and at least 2 classes with knockbacks including an Ele shaman, this is a good change. There's still plenty of space to knock down enemies/portal up but at least providing a chance for melee to catch up.