Thread: bad gm attitude

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

bad gm attitude

so a few short minutes ago i was happily raiding doing attempts on heroic Ji Kun when a gm contacted me that i had a inappropriate name on the account i asked him which character it was and in respone all i got was 'a e-mail was sent your your registed e-mail address this account is being banned and a name change is required'

so i answer him asking if i could have 30mins untill he kicked me since we were still in the middle of a raid, all i got bak was a paragraph of repose which i couldnt read in time because i was kicked straight away.

does anyone find this unfair mid raid i get kicked and banned?

You're not going to get banned, he wanted you out for whatever reason

edit
    my bad, misunderstood your post. Though you meant guild master not Game master.

10+ Year Old Account
    not really. you should have figured it was gonna happen sooner or later if you chose a name that was against the rules. masked or otherwise cleverly spelled. you tap dance that line and things can happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your own fault for having a name that violated the rules.

So you violate a rule, and because you were told to change it and disconnected from the game to change it, you think that's unfair?

The only thing that is unfair is you wasting a GMs time by having a stupid name in the first place, and then ours for even thinking you were unfairly treated.

What was the name? I want to know the severity of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i know that the name was inappropriate, thats not the point im trying to make he didnt even have the decency to alow me to finish the raid let alone respond to the question

- - - Updated - - -

Frosttitute was the name

Quote Originally Posted by Dragzy View Post
    i know that the name was inappropriate, thats not the point im trying to make he didnt even have the decency to alow me to finish the raid let alone respond to the question
    Hold on Mr. Policeman, let me just finish assaulting this person then you can arrest me.

so i answer him asking if i could have 30mins untill he kicked me since we were still in the middle of a raid, all i got bak was a paragraph of repose which i couldnt read in time because i was kicked straight away.

does anyone find this unfair mid raid i get kicked and banned?
    GMs are on job. You think they'd wait for 30 minutes more just to wait with temp. ban? Well, you could see that coming as you don't argue about your name being inappropriate. You should have been ready for consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

Frosttitute was the name
    a robber wouldn't be given time to hang out with his friends if he just got caught stealing from the 7-11.

GM's are busy people, it's not his job to be kind to people who break the rules, it's his job to enforce the rules and to provide help to players experiencing issues with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Dick move by the GM, a bad name isnt going to kill anyone. Was going to say inb4 white knights but no one is faster than them.
    So a bad name (i.e. F[P]rostitute) can't bring up bad memories or emotions which can easily offend or, yes, even remind someone about a bad past and lead them to doing something stupid? I personally don't care, but I know the world doesn't revolve around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Dick move by the GM, a bad name isnt going to kill anyone. Was going to say inb4 white knights but no one is faster than them.
    or simply people who are realistic and are unsympathetic to those who break the rules.

but yes, keep calling us names, that will make your side seem more reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Frosttitute was the name
    Its not his job to sit around and wait until you are ready to be punished. Thats ridiculous.

he didnt even have the decency to alow me to finish the raid let alone respond to the question
    I lol'd at this. Finish the raid? lol. Words cannot describe how much this entitled attitude disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I lol'd at this. Finish the raid? lol. Words cannot describe how much this entitled attitude disgusts me.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. Unbelievable...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZero View Post
    Its not his job to sit around and wait until you are ready to be punished. Thats ridiculous.

This. If a GM had to sit around and wait to hand out punishments when it's convenient for the player, each GM would be covered in about 100 sticky notes. Just trying to manage every player's schedule is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    So a bad name (i.e. F[P]rostitute) can't bring up bad memories or emotions which can easily offend or, yes, even remind someone about a bad past and lead them to doing something stupid? I personally don't care, but I know the world doesn't revolve around me.
    If anyone is that sensitive why are they playing an mmo where they are bound to see much worse?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Frosttitute was the name
    you really wanted him to wait to kick you offf....lol
    get over yourself, you really think that they did you wrong in some way dont you.....lol
    grow up, you came here for sympathy.....guess what, we dont care....wow, kids these days really are a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Relicra View Post
    If anyone is that sensitive why are they playing an mmo where they are bound to see much worse?
    It was an example, it doesn't excuse the fact some people just don't want to see stupid stuff like that where they can't filter it.

Point is, the GM isn't going to wait around for the OP to finish a raid because he thinks he's cool with a name with something like that in it. There are rules for a reason, don't follow them? Don't expect someone to wait for you or be nice to you. The GM didn't have a bad attitude, the entitled attitude of the OP is actually pretty funny, though.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-07-12 at 04:18 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I report everyone with a potentially bad character/guild name. No real reason. If you ever got kicked for it, it was someone like me having a laugh at your expense.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.