Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Holy Paladins, how much spirit do you have?

I've seen a lot of hpallys when they have good enough to gear to completely dump spirit and gem pure mastery, sometimes even dropping socket bonuses so they can gem more yellow mastery gems. On the other hand i've seen a lot of good pallys gemming almost full spirit. I personally sit on around 15k spirit and output a nice amount of healing and have nice mana regen, it works for me How much spirit do you guys run and why? (add information such as ilevel and the trinkets do you have)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've gemmed more for mastery than spirit now that we've finished with ToT, Currently have 13k spirit unbuffed with heroic horridon+heroic TF Lei Shen trinkets (coined them both in the last week xD) I could go "all-out" for mastery but I like to keep a certain amount of spirit just incase the shit hits the fan. I've got about 43% mastery with might (Not had gloves/legs from durumu/animus or ra-den drop yet or the blooming tier mantle >_>) and 547 ilvl, 2 heal most bosses with no mana issues at all.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2013-07-12 at 04:37 AM.

I run at around 13k spirit, and the only fight I feel like i need a little more is H Megaera so for that fight I run a spirit flask. It all comes down to how well you use your LMG and your HoPo.

15k, with zero mana issues. Could probably drop to 13k for farm.
    Shuttle of Illidan

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently 15.5k Spirit, could drop for farm runs but still working on heroics.

14.9k spirit, hero horridon/lic trinkets, 546ilvl and gemming mastery in the appropriate places. mana regen feels perfectly fine

Started gemming mastery since last night, on 13,5k spirit at this moment.
    I was at 15k+, not ignoring any socket bonusses and I had plenty of mana, mostly end farm fights on 100%

Now that we are progressing on Lei Shen HC I actually prefer the extra mastery over spirit.
    Not having mana problems, even when I am not melee hitting until P3.

16.5k and i still want more

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

About 10k with full mastery gems (about 46%), generally okay as long as I can melee. For fights where I can't melee I make the 3 boomkins innervate me.

This is for farm content obviously, will probably get around 16k for 5.4, especially with the potential spirit-scaling DP.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaring View Post
    About 10k with full mastery gems (about 46%), generally okay as long as I can melee. For fights where I can't melee I make the 3 boomkins innervate me.

This is for farm content obviously, will probably get around 16k for 5.4, especially with the potential spirit-scaling DP.
    Three innervates? Holy shit, are you spamming HR nonstop? lol
    Shuttle of Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    Three innervates? Holy shit, are you spamming HR nonstop? lol
    Yeah, what it takes to beat excellent Druids, Monks & Priests heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dropped to 13k spirit once we started Lei Shen Heroic (around 49.6% mastery buffed). Will probably have to get more spirit when progress starts again.

Deleted
    dropped to around 14k after regemming to mastery, and got no problems unless the raid takes a fucktonne of unnecessary dmg.

16.6k spirit. Horridon never drops the trinket . I have got 2 rings and 3 wrists from coins... I will probably drop to 15k~ish when I get it tho.

Sub 11k with about 47% mastery and 25% haste buffed.

The only times I run into issues are fights that I can't melee (Council at the start, Meg, Qon until last phase, and Twins). And even then as long as I'm somewhat cautious, I'm fine.

This is with only 1 resto shaman and no innervates.

15.8 with 43% mastery
    I could drop some spirit for more mastery.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys how about gemmin spirit crit over spirit mastery...

I read in others forums that is a good option too??

Quote Originally Posted by Bijin View Post
    Hey guys how about gemmin spirit crit over spirit mastery...

I read in others forums that is a good option too??
    If you like performing even worse than Shamans, sure!

are you using zen wild jade gems (160 spirit/ 160 mastery) or sparkling river's heart gem (320 spirit) on green/blue slots?

another questions:
    legendary meta is required to change spirit to mastery or just horridon's trinket + shadopan trinket can keep our mana?

LIC (trinekt from lei shen) is better than shadopan trinket??
    Last edited by naitee; 2013-07-13 at 06:06 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naitee View Post
    are you using zen wild jade gems (160 spirit/ 160 mastery) or sparkling river's heart gem (320 spirit) on green/blue slots?

another questions:
    legendary meta is required to change spirit to mastery or just horridon's trinket + shadopan trinket can keep our mana?

LIC (trinekt from lei shen) is better than shadopan trinket??
    You gem spirit in blue sockets until you get to a point where you feel comfortable with your regen, this is a personal thing. Once you're fine with the regen you can look at getting more mastery.

I wouldn't say once you get the LMG that you get rid of spirit, it certainly helps but that alone won't stop you from going oom. As for the trinkets the one from lei shen is BiS (best in slot) however until you are in a happy place with your regen you might want to use the shado-pan one.