Thread: Leeching poison

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    A second dps poison we'd be 100% balanced around. No thanks, we've been down that route.

Can you imagine being asked to run crippling poison over instant or deadly? It would blow up your damage. That's the opposite of utility.

I think that if any of these mattered:

The leeching poison heal
    The leeching poison shiv
    The mind numbing poison effect
    The mind numbing poison shiv

Then we'd see some actual utility. Meanwhile, there's a few fights where cripple (or shiv cripple) matter, but generally other classes bring it with less drama. The paralytic stun works on Horridon adds, the paralytic root works nowhere (and you are probably better off with prey).

These utility tricks just don't work that often, that much. I think you could safely boost leeching poison's percent heal as a start.

i will put it with few words . Leeching is garbage for Assassination(You heal only with Muti,Dispatch and Melee atacks) and it is pretty descent for Combat

I'm actually using it while doing old-contents, some soloing.

I do hope they would do something about leeching poison (and maybe swap some other talents aswell?). Haven't been using leeching poison for quite some time now and that's a bit sad considering how excited I were about it when I first heard of such an addition. Well, can't always win, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    A lot of Rogues already have a problem with the flawed idea of Leeching Poison and Paralytic Poison competing with each other since both are on separate tiers, and cannot be used at the same time. If they collapsed Leeching Poison and Paralytic into the same talent choice, and called it "Master Poisoner" I imagine Rogue's survivability would become much higher (combination of Leeching and Recuperate would give us legitimate heals in PVP). The only problem with this is the fact that almost no one would ever use mind-numbing poison again.
    We should have two utility poisons; Deadly should just be baked in. It would save me having to squirm when I saw a rogue in LFR who didn't have it going.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    It especially works well in any fight where you get improved damage AND there is constant raid-wide aoe damage (garalon, heroic will if you are not on spark duty, etc). I was looking at recount details on a garalon fight as a combat rogue with leeching (this was when it was current content), and found 38% of my healing taken was leeching poison--I healed myself more than any of the healers did.
    You probably received a lot more overheal than what you would have had without Leeching Poison though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryaan View Post
    You probably received a lot more overheal than what you would have had without Leeching Poison though.
    That isn't my fault. It's the healer's job is to minimize overhealing. It's not my job to make sure they don't overheal. If they want to waste mana, that's on them.

Deleted
    I'm not implying anything. 38% is a big number, and while Garalon is the perfect fight for Leeching Poison, even here its impact won't exceed the 'slightly above anecdotal' state.

And even with flawless overhealing minimization, your received overheal will still most likely exceed tops the meter.