10+ Year Old Account

Tired of waiting

I must say this is the first time i've been this impatient in a while. I feel like I've been waiting on MORE stuff for 5.4 to be released. Waiting on official things about the legendary cloak, is it upgradeable? If not does that mean we lose stats from 608 down to 600? The melee proc is 3x as strong as the caster, will this be addressed? Or is our proc gonna be lol 5k + 30k over 6 seconds. That's laughable. Might just take the stats from the 608 epic cloak if the legendary isn't upgradeable.

Then I'm a mage. I really would like to know if I need to start gearing fire, as this is REALLY important. Because every week that I don't take fire gear, is another week I am full of arcane gear, and getting more arcane gear...I'll walk into 5.4 with full arcane gear, and learn that fire does 50k more dps and I am un-viable. Yay.

Those are just a FEW of my big concerns for the patch, and I just feel like I'm playing an annoyingly painful waiting game. Gonna post this on the official forums too.

Official Forums post : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9478767881#1

Longer and more detailed.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-07-12 at 09:44 AM.

get fire gear no matter what. Chances are high it will outperform the other two specs, especially where it seems they dont want to nerf CM in 5.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    get fire gear no matter what. Chances are high it will outperform the other two specs, especially where it seems they dont want to nerf CM in 5.4.
    They haven't done a numbers pass so we don't know if they'll nerf what with fire....Also offspec gear costs dkp, joining a new guild, I am low on dkp. If I want to have some dkp for SoO, I need to save. I don't want to build a fire set unless it's ABSOLUTELY necessary.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9478767881#1

Link to my forum post. Includes legendary proc math.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's always a risk and gearing a certain way will be risky. However if you can find a way to find a happy medium, just in case. It would be advisable.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    There's always a risk and gearing a certain way will be risky. However if you can find a way to find a happy medium, just in case. It would be advisable.
    Ill look at it, but not sure its possible. my dkp will be drained before the patch hits. which isn't good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    If not does that mean we lose stats from 608 down to 600?
    This, this is what I have been asking aswell!

I remember good times where mages had just 1 set of gear..

15+ Year Old Account
    Just get fire oriented gear anyway. Chances are that fire will be strong; and even if arcane is on par with it, isn't fire more fun anyway? Just sayin'.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get the gear. Or reforge what you have. Even if arcane slips a bit I doubt you're suddenly kicked from everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Just get the gear. Or reforge what you have. Even if arcane slips a bit I doubt you're suddenly kicked from everything
    I know I'll still be in the raid, but if fire stays THAT far ahead of arcane as it as now on the PTR, arcane won't even be viable lol. I really just want to have arcane be on par with fire the same way it is this patch. Standing still arcane blows fire out of the water, moving they're much more on par, fire pulling ahead of course with movement. Arcanes stand-still damage should cover the movement times with 0 damage. Until the end of this tier thats pretty much how it goes.