Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Finally got my $ back :)

So basically I RAFed myself, but Blizzard banned my RAF account for "exchanging real life money for ingame gold/service." which just doesn't even make any sense.

I tried like 3 times by tickets, but they did not give me any appropriate answers. Therefore, I had to call my bank to cancel that payment, claiming it is a credit card fraud.

I used a card I rarely use online and Blizzard cannot charge me for anything because they just do not have the fucking right. So after 1 month since I got banned, my old credit card got cancelled and the bank is going to give me a new card for free and I finally get my $19.99 back.

Finally something fair in this game any grats?

Is that against any damn TOS or rules? plz tell me cauz I am so afraid to break any TOS ROFL

10+ Year Old Account
    credit card fraud is highly illegal. you'd be best to not post about that here as i know some police often surf these forums.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    im gonna need to see your license and registration pls...

You went through all of this for 20 bucks, but your still subbed and paying 15 bucks a month...

officers are lurking! beware! And to your problem - its not really surprising as there is huge market with RAF gametime and blizzard is banning those all the time. It is strange however that you have not been able to set things right with blizzard.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Deleted
    Well it also makes no sense to be falsely acused of something he didn't. Sadly this happens from time to time. heck I've seen friends getting banned because some ppl gaved them in-game money as they were quitting the game. Do they got their acc's back? Yes, does that forgives that fact they werent able to raid or play whyle the case was discussed? No.
    In this situation is even worse as the OP wasted money.

Awful lot of work to go through just to get 20 dollars back..

this sounds fishy, lots of people RaF themselves then merge and xfer the characters to their main account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Awful lot of work to go through just to get 20 dollars back..
    even if it was only 1$, it wasnt theirs to keep. Its not the money thats is in question here but the attitude.

which kinda surprises me tbh as I've never seen a Gm not solving this kind of issue even if it took some time to.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosanjos View Post
    even if it was only 1$, it wasnt theirs to keep. Its not the money thats is in question here but the attitude.

which kinda surprises me tbh as I've never seen a Gm not solving this kind of issue even if it took some time to.
    we aren't getting the full story i'm sure. that isn't how things work in wow, people get unwarranted punishments all the time and i've never seen it not get taken care of. if we were betting i'd go with this is either a totally fabricated post for whatever reason or that he bought one of those RaF mounts out of trade or something else shady.

indeed it is about the principle. and yeah it sounds fishy xD
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxyde View Post
    this sounds fishy, lots of people RaF themselves then merge and xfer the characters to their main account.
    And there is something wrong with that? You're allowed to open several clients on 1 PC, as long as it's an actual person playing both Clients. There is nothing wrong against playing 1 character, and letting the other one follow you. They pay for 2 accounts, owned by 1 person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    And there is something wrong with that? You're allowed to open several clients on 1 PC, as long as it's an actual person playing both Clients. There is nothing wrong against playing 1 character, and letting the other one follow you. They pay for 2 accounts, owned by 1 person.
    thats the point his trying to make lol

what he means by fishy is that being banned for those reasons and being unable to unban the acc is somewat fishy

Quote Originally Posted by Gereorth666 View Post
    where did i say anything was wrong with it? in fact it was quite the opposite. re-read what i posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    This is one of those times when, if this was posted on the official forums, a blue would rip the OP apart with details and so on, that he didn't want to mention.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it also makes no sense to be falsely acused of something he didn't.
    Rather large assumption to assume he didn't do something wrong just because he said he didn't. Generally I find that stuff like this doesn't happen without good reason from the GM's. They aren't perfect of course and are open to error without a doubt. But from the general attitude of the OP and such, I reckon there's more to this than he's telling.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    This is one of those times when, if this was posted on the official forums, a blue would rip the OP apart with details and so on, that he didn't want to mention.
    i like those threads, they make me grin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psychopass View Post

Is that against any damn TOS or rules? plz tell me cauz I am so afraid to break any TOS ROFL
    This line is just too much hahaha. You're afraid of breaking the TOS but you just broke the law and bragged about it on the internet...
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

First, it is not my credit card, it is my parents' so technically, they only allowed me to pay when I am "out of balance/emergency" not "for game". So they can claim that it is a fraud because they did not recognize that as me paying for the game.

2nd, the address of the card is different from the address of my game acc, so yeah, bank has a reason to reckon that as "fraud".

Last but not the least, it is the attitude the forums gave me when I asked for help to unban the acc made me unsub, now I am just glad I got my money back.

Deleted
    You'll pry the 20 bucks from my cold, dead fingers!