Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New expansion announced at Gamescom 2013?

Blizzard Entertainment will be at gamescom 2013, the world’s biggest games convention, taking place August 21-25.

Making a welcome return to gamescom will be our celebrated costume and dance contests.
    Source: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10353289/

Costume and dance contest at Gamescom? Interesting. Do you think Blizzard will announce new WoW expansion there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post

Costume and dance contest at Gamescom? Interesting. Do you think Blizzard will announce new WoW expansion there?
    Typically its done at blizzcon (almost always first)

Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sticking by it.

In my opinion, there is a significant number of reasons to think why Gamescom will be the place.

I am a game designer, and I know and appreciate the importance of time when it comes to game design and marketing. The only argument I've seen presented in favour of a BlizzCon announcement comes from normal fans who claim it's what Blizzard has done in the past, therefore it's what Blizzard must do this year. That is a weak argument that doesn't take any other factors into account.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is more advertisements then i have ever seen blizzard do outside of blizzcon. It seems very likely they will announce it then by the looks of it.
    Aye mate

I've been thinking they might announce it there since I heard they'd be at this con. Because while I'm sure blizz prefers to announce these things at blizzcon when they can, I think that blizzcon is scheduled too late in the year for this one to be announced, given the relative time frames of Cata and MOPs announcements.

We've all been saying for months Blizzcon would be too late to announce, they'd have to do it sooner someplace else. Now we have a viable candidate for that particular 'someplace'. Seems very likely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Sticking by it.

In my opinion, there is a significant number of reasons to think why Gamescom will be the place.

I am a game designer, and I know and appreciate the importance of time when it comes to game design and marketing. The only argument I've seen presented in favour of a BlizzCon announcement comes from normal fans who claim it's what Blizzard has done in the past, therefore it's what Blizzard must do this year. That is a weak argument that doesn't take any other factors into account.
    I do hope it is at gamescom as indeed blizzcon is a bit late this year. That would be the only reason why they would do this IMO as normally they do it at blizzcon which does help increase online ticket sales etc.

I think it will be, they've stated they want expansions to last shorter from now on and 5.4 coming out august/september suggests a release of march-may next year.

They'll want to get it hyped early and a beta starting AFTER October/November seems mental

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post

Why would they do it there when blizzcon is in November.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On a scale of no to 10, never.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Why would they do it there when blizzcon is in November.
    Because the expansion will probably be out about midway through 2014 and they need to announce it to get stuff like beta rolling. November is a bit too late and cutting it close. And they have several other announcements to make at the next Blizzcon.

Short answer: No
    Long answer: No

You'll get a very very small teaser at best but a whole announcement? Hell no.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only see them announcing it at Blizzcon. The possibility of anywhere else is out of the question to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrlogar View Post
    Because the expansion will probably be out about midway through 2014 and they need to announce it to get stuff like beta rolling. November is a bit too late and cutting it close. And they have several other announcements to make at the next Blizzcon.
    If you're expecting a release before Q3 2014, you'll be disappointed.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

IMO November will be too late in the expansion cycle to wait until blizzcon. Just because they've done it in the past doesn't mean they won't announce it somewhere else for a better announcement date, and they'd have plenty other stuff to show us at blizzcon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrlogar View Post
    But think about it this way: They announce the new expansion at Blizzcon, and then release the beta right away. Now that would be awesome. Also, we usually would have seen a copyright claim on some new title by Blizzard by now if they were ready to announce it at Gamescom.

I'm sure they may hint of it, but I highly doubt that it will be revealed there and not Blizzcon.

Deleted
    It's a possibility, but I doubt we'd get anything more than the name and a brief summary. The core details will be at Blizzcon as always.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It's a possibility, but I doubt we'd get anything more than the name and a brief summary. The core details will be at Blizzcon as always.
    I don't expect major stuff, but I'm guessing we'd get the usual 'machinima' style trailer they usually have at announcements, brief story intro and list of expansion features.