Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Sorry, can you clarify? That means proc always do the same damage, depending on your intellect, crit\haste in non-combat, ignoring things like flask, trinket procs, jade spirit, invocation, potion? But from PTR Garrosh logs I saw this proc to do about 3,5% of your total dps which is not bad I think.

    When I say damage modifiers I mean rune of power 15% or invocation 15% or demonology mastery or anything that increases damage done by XX%. That is what I mean by modifiers. It is confirmed that the cloaks proc is supposed to scale with damage modifiers, and it's working correctly on the tool-tip. However it doesn't actually reflect in the damage.

  2. #182
    Vynestra where is the confirmation of that =)

    I would presume that they would want to keep the cloak as equal for all specs as possible so they dont have another nightmare with scaling.

    Meta and T15 RPPM trinkets would definetly be enough for me lol
    Heroic SoO progress 14/14
    Warlock armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Vynestra where is the confirmation of that =)

    I would presume that they would want to keep the cloak as equal for all specs as possible so they dont have another nightmare with scaling.

    Meta and T15 RPPM trinkets would definetly be enough for me lol
    I had lhivera (mage mvp) confirm it with them. I know for a fact he wouldn't just be blowing smoke at me. I can get the tweets if you really want.

    However you can log on make a mage, and look at the tool-tip of the cloak and see that it does indeed scale with damage modifiers.

    It scales with haste still fyi, all the procs. It scales with crit, why shouldn't it scale with classes who's mastery are damage modifiers?


    Kinda un-fair if it didn't. People who have HIGH crit will have it crit more often, people with HIGH haste will have it proc more often. So...

  4. #184
    Bloodsail Admiral Nathyiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,168
    And it's logical, especially this buff because they're class buff
    The answers is 42
    -------------------------
    Nathyiel, TempteÐ (sargeras-EU) - @Nathyiel

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    And it's logical, especially this buff because they're class buff
    I don't want them to be making the cloak stronger to buff arcane mages, because not everyone will have the cloak. But the cloak will end up doing maybe 1-2% more than a fire mages cloak proc, MAYBE. Overall on a fight. It's not really gamebreaking, and it helps arcane a little in siege with all the heavy movement.

  6. #186
    Bloodsail Admiral Nathyiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,168
    Or they can do like Sinister meta: spec's modifier for balancing purpose.
    The answers is 42
    -------------------------
    Nathyiel, TempteÐ (sargeras-EU) - @Nathyiel

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    Or they can do like Sinister meta: spec's modifier for balancing purpose.

    If they really wanted it THAT equal, they should just not make it scale with haste crit or mastery at that point.

    It's hardly a big deal that it'll scale with mastery. IF your mastery is a damage modifier like arcane/demo.

    However iirc, there aren't many specs that stack mastery over haste or crit. So it doesn't really affect many people. And like I said the crit/haste scaling kinda brings it up to par with the arcane mastery.

    I know frost w/ all the haste it has, will do as much as arcanes does with all the mastery dmg modifying it. Because it ends up proccing SO much.

  8. #188
    Bloodsail Admiral Nathyiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,168
    Sinister have a spec modifier not to compensate bad scaling but to help global balance between spec.
    Curious to see if they did the same for the cape.
    The answers is 42
    -------------------------
    Nathyiel, TempteÐ (sargeras-EU) - @Nathyiel

  9. #189
    Was just on the Ptr and I noticed the Amp trinket is now 7% down from 14%. Anyone know why?

  10. #190
    Because 14% was absolutely broken in terms of stats given vs. it's item budget

  11. #191
    Bloodsail Admiral Nathyiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,168
    Even at 7%, it will be BiS or most
    The answers is 42
    -------------------------
    Nathyiel, TempteÐ (sargeras-EU) - @Nathyiel

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    Even at 7%, it will be BiS or most
    It's still much better than any other trinkets. It is the only trinket proccing directly after combat start and the 7% is a lot better than 2k haste.

    I mean, for a fire mage, the amplify alone is more than 4-5% dps gain, while other comparable stats budgets are a lot less (2k haste just sucks compared to amplify, though both have the same item budget).
    Last edited by Klatar; 2013-08-08 at 10:09 PM.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    Sinister have a spec modifier not to compensate bad scaling but to help global balance between spec.
    Curious to see if they did the same for the cape.

    They did not. I don't think they plan to either. Unlike the meta the cloak is pretty different. It's not an rppm that gives you a buff, it just does dmg. The cloak scales with haste and crit currently. If they didn't want it to scale w/ dmg modifiers they wouldn't have made it scale with haste or crit either. And just made it a baseline 200% sp for everyone, no crit and no haste scaling. However not the case.

  14. #194
    Warchief Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Frozen North
    Posts
    2,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Unlike the meta the cloak is pretty different. It's not an rppm that gives you a buff, it just does dmg. The cloak scales with haste and crit currently.
    Melee meta gem wants a word with you. It's essentially the same idea as our current cloak. That said, I do believe they'll change the rate by spec again. Why wouldn't they? It's going to be disproportionately good on a couple of specs, they'll have to change the rates by spec. It'll just happen later. They're just barely starting numbers changes now.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2013-08-09 at 04:53 AM.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Melee meta gem wants a word with you. It's essentially the same idea as our current cloak. That said, I do believe they'll change the rate by spec again. Why wouldn't they? It's going to be disproportionately good on a couple of specs, they'll have to change the rates by spec. It'll just happen later. They're just barely starting numbers changes now.
    I haven't taken a look at the melee meta gem. But I'll have to.


    However from what i've seen mage wise currently. Frost gets a huge benefit from it, more than fire by a few %, that's without it scaling with invocation. Then fire gets 4-5%. Arcane without damage modifier scaling does like...2-4% tops.

    We'll see how well they tune it in the end, imo the cloak should do ~5% of your overall damage for every spec. That'd make it feel legendary, not 2%.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-08-09 at 07:19 PM.

  16. #196
    7% is good in normal but in HC +Warforged 8-9% and upgrade you got 9% 10% Haste and Mastery not bad

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •