Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lichkingsbitch View Post
    Ner zhul mental powers, and magical abilities expanded tremendously when he allowed him self to the legion and beacomed the lich king. But the Lich king saw that in the future if the Burning Legion won the third war the future of him was not so god. Kil Jaeden would even get rid of him. And after devouvering all the souls he did during the third war he grow so powerful the Kil Jaeden couldnt control him anymore, and Archimonde was gone with the Lich King make sure of.

""""owever, the Lich King, aware of the eredar's hatred for the immortal elves, betrayed the Legion by breaking the pact he had forged with Kil'jaeden which bound him to the latter's will. In informing Illidan of the Skull of Gul'dan through his pawn Arthas, he facilitated the death of one of the Legion's greatest tacticians, Tichondrius, and dealt the first blow against the Legion that led to the ultimate fall of their forces in the Battle of Mount Hyjal.
    Betrayer"""

Neither the legion or the old gods could overwhelm him with the mental influence witch many others have been end of badly by. The lich king even builted his domain by the remains of the old god especially Yogg Sarons. The lich Kings Armor was even made by part of saronite if I remember it right. SO if the LK would have won then I am sure of he would i ntime transform into a god when he devuvered the souls and owers in the world.
    Would he have turned into a god? Or would he have been consumed by the powers of Yogg? Saronite is imbued with the essence of the old god, correct? Yogg was able to speak to and corrupt people through the Saronite, which means to me, that he has a rather strong connection to it. Could he have corrupted the LK further and possibly gained control of him?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Such an epic "cutscene" I love that part. Executus just wanted to be loved by Rag T_T
    Too Soon Executus! Too Soon!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    1.His cunning isn't that great because he was almost killed by Illidan if not Malfurion. Malfurion came to interupt by Illidan was not something he planed. He was lucky. Malfurion is the legion's arch nemesis not LK.

2.Arthas defeated Illidan sure but that fight went pretty wierd. Illidan overwhelmed Arthas almost the entire fight with his raw power and got really overconfident. He then let himself open then Frostmourne "guided" Arthas to slice through Illidan's chest. That's how it went. I recommend you to read Rise of The Lich King. I was a decent book.

3. Lich King showed himself to be really vulnerable to mortal weapon like the plague bombs that the Forsaken threw at him. This kind of hit won't work on the likes of KJ or DW.

In conclusion, Lich King is a very powerful being but he is still defeateable without aid of god-like beings like Dragon Aspects or ancients.
    The light itself interefared? YEa the book i need to order it, and Illidan needed to use the remains * of sargeras his eye to destroy the frozen throne. Lich king i can agree has not the raw strength like DW has. Deathwing is like a superhuge dragon while arthas is *human*.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrax View Post
    Aren't the aspects immune to the scourge and it's taint?
    Same at the war of the spider. THey coulndt be brainwashed by the LK or the plauge but they could still be rescurected. Lk raised MAlygos consort sindragosa. AND was on his way to raise the biggest dragon of all time Galakrond.

The 'lion and lamb' quote echoes Homer's Illiad, that's why it sounds so awesome to everybody. Because the Illiad was fucking awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    The light itself interefared? YEa the book i need to order it, and Illidan needed to use the remains * of sargeras his eye to destroy the frozen throne. Lich king i can agree has not the raw strength like DW has. Deathwing is like a superhuge dragon while arthas is *human*.

- - - Updated - - -

Same at the war of the spider. THey coulndt be brainwashed by the LK or the plauge but they could still be rescurected. Lk raised MAlygos consort sindragosa. AND was on his way to raise the biggest dragon of all time Galakrond.
    Indeed he raised a Consort, but what about an Aspect? And he did not actually raise Galakrond, who knows what would have happened had he completed the task. We don't know if it would have actually worked, or if it would have worked as he planned. He may not have had control over Galakrond.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Indeed he raised a Consort, but what about an Aspect? And he did not actually raise Galakrond, who knows what would have happened had he completed the task. We don't know if it would have actually worked, or if it would have worked as he planned. He may not have had control over Galakrond.
    Undead Deathwing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvwaex View Post
    Undead Deathwing?
    I thought it was Corrupted Deathwing, not undead?

edit: also that wasn't an over night job. Deathwing had been wallowing in corruption for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

On the note of Galakrond, it is said that he was larger than all of the aspects combined. So how did deathwing become that large? Why is it when ever an enemy is corrupted by an Old God, they grow 10x their original size?!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Lich King himself is extremely powerful. I still think that a better host than Arthas would be way more dangerous. I mean, Arthas was pretty stong and cunning, but not that much.

We killed Arthas, not the Lich King, we should all remember that. Even with Bolvar "holding him back", I still expect to see him again, good or bad (I hope, actually).

Like the OP said, yes, Arthas even defeated Ilidan while still a champion, proving his strenght. But still, can you imagine the chaos the LK could create if he possessed, say, Garrosh? If he merged with a natural warrior like an orc, he could devastate us for sure.

Anyway, I just think that Arthas+LK was insanely strong (needing a miracle from the Light to defeat him), but if Ner'zhul got a stronger host, it would be AWESOME.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    The Lich King himself is extremely powerful. I still think that a better host than Arthas would be way more dangerous. I mean, Arthas was pretty stong and cunning, but not that much.

We killed Arthas, not the Lich King, we should all remember that. Even with Bolvar "holding him back", I still expect to see him again, good or bad (I hope, actually).

Like the OP said, yes, Arthas even defeated Ilidan while still a champion, proving his strenght. But still, can you imagine the chaos the LK could create if he possessed, say, Garrosh? If he merged with a natural warrior like an orc, he could devastate us for sure.

Anyway, I just think that Arthas+LK was insanely strong (needing a miracle from the Light to defeat him), but if Ner'zhul got a stronger host, it would be AWESOME.
    LK + Van Cleef = OP

10+ Year Old Account

Um, no. Arthas was the Lich King. Ner'zhul and Arthas had become one and if I recall the will of Arthas was actually greater then Ner'zhul's.

Arthas by himself was no pushover, he was a very powerful paladin.

My opinion on the matter is that the Lich King is still the strongest of all the "villains" we have fought and beat so far. We only wont because Tirion used the only weakness, The Light, at the right time to shatter Frostmourne. Arthas was at War with Yogg and his forces, and he was winning that war. He was chaining up faceless ones, using the blood of Yogg for metal, and probably would have eventually enslaved Yogg himself, proving his was the real "God of Death".

The Lich King is the only person we have seen so far capable of over powering an Old God and company like that. Cho'gall was working for the Old gods when he fused with C'thun, he didn't just take C'thun for himself. Same with Garrosh right now. He has the heart of a death Old God and is using his powers, but going by the audio file poilers, Yar is perfectly fine in another plane of existence and isn't being controlled in any way.

The Lich King had the power to surpass Yogg and do with him as he wished. He even created a Plague so strong that, magic seeds from the Emerald Dream,healing flames from Alexstrasza, and even the light being wielded by the strongest Naaru, A'dal couldnt stop it. Having some fun with the "what if" scenarios of what would happen in the Warcraft lore had something changed, I believe that if we didn't stop the Lich King when we did than only the full Legion, a super Old God army from the Twisting Nether, or the Titan pantheon would have been able to stop him, and even then it would have been a massive war, because anything that dies or isn't purged/obliterated might end up on the Lich Kings side.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrax View Post
    Aren't the aspects immune to the scourge and it's taint?
    why would they be?

their dragonflights aren't. we have frostwyrms, emberwyrms and magmawyrms. if the red dragons (protectos of life) can be turned, I assume bronze and green dragons can also be turned.

I don't see why aspect power would make anyone immune to the lich king's necromancy. the worgen are immune to val'kyr necromancy and the lich king took a dump on their immunity and raised them anyway.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    why would they be?

their dragonflights aren't. we have frostwyrms, emberwyrms and magmawyrms. if the red dragons (protectos of life) can be turned, I assume bronze and green dragons can also be turned.

I don't see why aspect power would make anyone immune to the lich king's necromancy. the worgen are immune to val'kyr necromancy and the lich king took a dump on their immunity and raised them anyway.
    False
    The Gilnean worgens are immune to any undeath
    The worgen Death Knights we play as are the Arugal worgens.
    Its different. Gilneans cant be raised.
    And i doubt the aspects could as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairchild View Post
    False
    The Gilnean worgens are immune to any undeath
    The worgen Death Knights we play as are the Arugal worgens.
    Its different. Gilneans cant be raised.
    And i doubt the aspects could as well.
    worgen death knights have undead skins. they are arugal's worgen AND gilnean AND undead at the same time.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The Lich King might be one of the strongest being out there. The old gods can't mess with the scourge and the lich king, the scourge are perfect at fighting the old god's forces since they can't be corrupted/made insane. The lich king would probably mop the floor with the old gods and even kil'jaeden, deathwing and archimonde even if its a 1 on 1 battle. As for Sargeras...well if the axe Broixgar(spelling) used could hurt sargeras than frostmourne which is leagues above that axe should cut sargeras's legs off.

And azeroth champions got helped by Maiev and Akama with deafiting Illidan.
    Akama and Maiev barely did jack when we were battling illidan.

10+ Year Old Account

In the novel Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, Arthas murders the manifestation of his humanity, then murders Ner'zhul within himself:
    “We are one, Arthas. Together, we are the Lich King. No more Ner’zhul, no more Arthas—only this one glorious being. With my knowledge, we can—”
    His eyes bulged as the sword impaled him.
    Arthas stepped forward, plunging the glittering, hungering Frostmourne ever deeper into the dream-being that had once been Ner’zhul, then the Lich King, and was soon to be nothing, nothing at all. He slipped his other arm around the body, pressing his lips so close to the green ear that the gesture was almost intimate, as intimate as the act of taking a life always was and always would be.
    “No,” Arthas whispered. “No we. No one tells me what to do. I’ve got everything I need from you—now the power is mine and mine alone. Now there is only I. I am the Lich King. And I am ready.”
    The orc shuddered in his arms, stunned by the betrayal, and vanished.
    Arthas, the Lich King, alone in his glory and power, slowly opened his eyes.

In the manga Legends: Fate, Arthas says, "Ner'zhul is no more. He is consumed. There is only Arthas now..."

During BlizzCon 2010 this is what Metzen said:
    Originally Posted by Cris Metzen
    Q. I have a question regarding the storyline of Ner'zhul: is he finished, or what's going on with that?
    A. "Yes. Yeah, Ner'zhul is done. He served us well in that capacity, but really the Lich King idea... really has the ultimate expression, you know, as Arthas or whatever. Ner'zhul's done." (Source)

Then we killed Arthas and he is floating around in Warcraft hell. There is nothing in the helm except the ability to control Scourge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    snip
    Interesting! I knew about the part where he destroys his humanity, but I thought he and Ner'zhul were still one being, instead of him killing him and becoming LK by himself. What I imagined was a shrouded and cowered Ner'zhul, with all the power of the Lich King with Arthas, that absorbed Ner'zhul. Still, I thought that Ner'zhul soul lived with Arthas.

I bought the book recently, but didn't had time to read it.

My mistake, sorry! I take back what I said about seeing him again lol. But still, I think that besides Arthas being a strong paladin, there could be a better host after all. Arthas was really smart, even betraying and killing Ner'zhul after he got what he needed and I believe that another host wouldn't do that.

Whelp, I need to read this one. Thanks for the info!
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Deleted
    The Lich King is responsible for this: The Burning Legions defeat, Malganis, Illidan, Surfang Jr, Terenas, Uther, Antonaidas and Lordaeron with them. To bad Antonaids wasent in wraith liek in an instance. Would be damn epic. HE killed Keal thaz father, sylvanas, Malygos consort Saphrion. Defeated Vajsh, Kael, Zul Drak trolls, Giant king, Killed an Ancient one = Old gods general in some kind of sort. And had a nhand in almost everthing else. Thats why he was the most dangeroius villian who grow in power of his deafeted victims souls.

Deleted
    HE killed Malygos consort Saphrion.
    Malygos was gay ?

Deleted
    It is true actually, Lich King is to this day the only Boss that really killed us. None of them achieved that, none.

That's why Lich King - Ner'zhul/Arthas FTW!