Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    oh ok, thanks, it all makes sense now!
    Also, his voice was normal with the helmet (and eye glow) and only started changing as he was encasing himself in ice. Maybe it was him switching from normal talking to psychic talking. Or just some weird reverberation with the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    pretty sure sindragosa was the aspect of magic before malygos... and she got pretty scourged up

- - - Updated - - -

i thought saronite was only naturally occuring in northrend because of yogg saron bleeding underneath the continent for hundreds of years
    No. She was Malygos' consort. Malygos was the first Aspect of Magic.

Saronite is Yogg-saron's blood, but it takes a long time for it to transition from liquid blood to metal.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Also, his voice was normal with the helmet (and eye glow) and only started changing as he was encasing himself in ice. Maybe it was him switching from normal talking to psychic talking. Or just some weird reverberation with the ice.
    again am i missing something? his voice was no doubt already raspy but unless my ears are just really terrible there is a distinct changing in his voice that is nearly identical to that of arthas/lichking/nerzhul when arthas put the helm on at the end of TFT

again am i missing something? his voice was no doubt already raspy but unless my ears are just really terrible there is a distinct changing in his voice that is nearly identical to that of arthas/lichking/nerzhul when arthas put the helm on at the end of TFT
    It is identical.

I just put it down to Blizzard saying, "Oh, he can't be the Lich King without the awesome voice!"

Because honestly, could we? There must always be a Lich King, and he must always have that awesome voice.

10+ Year Old Account
    His voice is unchanged even with the helmet and glow until the ice moves up his body.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGqDrBMg0Uk

also for the record, bolvars eyes were glowing yellow before he put the helm on. the same flash happened to his eyes that happened to arthas' eyes after he put it on. now im no opthamologist but it could be that the intial eye color is simply carried over after the two entities are infused
    Arthas has no glow to his eyes before merging with the LK. The blue glow is from Ner'zhul, which carried over to Arthas when they merged.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-13 at 09:19 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    It is identical.

I just put it down to Blizzard saying, "Oh, he can't be the Lich King without the awesome voice!"

Because honestly, could we? There must always be a Lich King, and he must always have that awesome voice.
    no doubt that if we never see/hear anything from him again that they'll come up with some excuse similar to that.

i for one just dont buy it. i may go on thinking this and be proved wrong later down the road but i dont think its just bolvar under the hood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    According to official lore there isn't the slightest doubt on the fact that the Old Gods, the Legion and Deathwing are much more powerful foes than the Lich King.
    Still, he killed us in the story, others didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    no doubt that if we never see/hear anything from him again that they'll come up with some excuse similar to that.

i for one just dont buy it. i may go on thinking this and be proved wrong later down the road but i dont think its just bolvar under the hood.
    The lore explicitly states that Ner'zhul and Arthas are gone. The CDevs even explicitly state that Ner'zhul is gone. They can always go back and retcon it, but until they do, the helm is empty.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    His voice is unchanged even with the helmet and glow until the ice moves up his body.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGqDrBMg0Uk

Arthas has no glow to his eyes before merging with the LK. The blue glow is from Ner'zhul, which I guess carried over to Arthas.
    so your saying the ice is causing the voice change?

bolvars eyes did not have the wispy/flamey effect before he put the helm on. yes they were yellow but, in my opinion, this was due to them being burned out. the color was there to identify his eyes were gone. after the helm is put on the wispy/flamey effect is applied to bolvars eyes just as they were to arthas' eyes. the only thing thats changed is that arthas' eyes were naturally blue and bolvars were yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I always liked that quote. It seems biblical in origin but google yields little results. At one point I figured he alluded to the Lion as the token animal of humanity and what he used to represent, but then realized the lion is the figurebeast of Stormwind, not Lordaeron.

Why all of this two expansions after his defeat though, OP?
    While it certainly could be read as a Biblical allusion (there's a lot of lion and lamb imagery in there) I don't think he's referring to Stormwind so much as saying that he's like a lion in that he's a strong predator and the heroes are just lambs--defenseless. It's common imagery.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The lore explicitly states that Ner'zhul and Arthas are gone. The CDevs even explicitly state that Ner'zhul is gone. They can always go back and retcon it, but until they do, the helm is empty.
    i understand that, hence why i said i may be proven wrong later down the road, or if you want to argue semantics im wrong now, i just dont believe its coincidence or ice or psychic powers that is causing their voices to be identical

10+ Year Old Account
    so your saying the ice is causing the voice change?

bolvars eyes did not have the wispy/flamey effect before he put the helm on. yes they were yellow but, in my opinion, this was due to them being burned out. the color was there to identify his eyes were gone. after the helm is put on the wispy/flamey effect is applied to bolvars eyes just as they were to arthas' eyes. the only thing thats changed is that arthas' eyes were naturally blue and bolvars were yellow
    I'm saying that Bolvar's voice didn't change when he had the helmet and the eye flames (since glow is too ambiguous). Arthas' eyes continued to flame blue even without the helmet as he was dying.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying that Bolvar's voice didn't change when he had the helmet and the eye flames (since glow is too ambiguous). Arthas' eyes continued to flame blue even without the helmet as he was dying.
    no they didnt, once the helm fell off and the powers of the lich king subsided his eyes returned to their normal color.

10+ Year Old Account
    no they didnt, once the helm fell off and the powers of the lich king subsided his eyes returned to their normal color.
    The helm was lying on the ground for quite a bit before they showed Arthas' face and his eyes were still flaming as he lay there dying.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The helm was lying on the ground for quite a bit before they showed Arthas' face and his eyes were still flaming as he lay there dying.
    but they did in fact return to their natural state of non-glowing.

i reckon we will have to just agree to disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a storytelling PoV, it's a very dramatic style showing the extreme close up of the eyes, them being the windows to the soul. For Arthas it was to show the extreme change he underwent by fusing with Ner'zhul that his eyes took on the characteristics of Ner'zhul's incorporeal form. Arthas having blue eyes and Bolvar having yellow is a visual representation of what a dramatic difference there is between Arthas and Bolvar. It's pretty good visual storytelling.

- - - Updated - - -

but they did in fact return to their natural state of non-glowing.

i reckon we will have to just agree to disagree.
    As the life was draining from his body and it didn't happen until a bit of time had passed.

I'd imagine that if he had succeeded in raising us as his new commanders, he would have easily wiped out any resistance to the scourge. After retaking Northrend (probably in very little time) he would continue raising Galakrond and the dragonflights. I doubt Deathwing would be much of a challenge for a Frostwyrmed Galakrond alone even after being empowered by N'Zoth. The Old God's mind games also seem to have no effect on the Lich King (ICC being built of Saronite and seemingly no effect on Arthas' state of mind) I don't think any force would have stood much chance if he had raised us, with the exception of the Titans of course.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

From a storytelling PoV, it's a very dramatic style showing the extreme close up of the eyes, them being the windows to the soul. For Arthas it was to show the extreme change he underwent by fusing with Ner'zhul that his eyes took on the characteristics of Ner'zhul's incorporeal form. Arthas having blue eyes and Bolvar having yellow is a visual representation of what a dramatic difference there is between Arthas and Bolvar. It's pretty good visual storytelling.

- - - Updated - - -

As the life was draining from his body and it didn't happen until a bit of time had passed.
    Bolvar died at the wrath gate to the plague the Forsaken made, then his Body was Burnt By the Red dragonflight & alexstraza, which "purged" and resurected Bolvar and the ground around him even grows Flowers and plant life. There for one can assume if you will that Bolvars eyes are A Orange-yellow burnt eye socket's partly because of the Red Dragonlight's Life binding power and partly because of the Helmet Of the LK. Now if we assume that the Helmet is Void of "Ner'zhul's spirit- LK" then why would Bolvar have to encase himself in the ice part of the frozen throne in the first place? Now you might answer "because he has to contain the scourge threat" !, But if the spirit of Ner'zhul -lk is compeletly dead and gone, would'nt his Mental-Physic Control over the scourge also have "gone with him". Therefor there would be No more scourge "alive" and with no threat that brings me back to my point of why bolvar would Encase himself in the frozen throne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaralis View Post
    Now if we assume that the Helmet is Void of "Ner'zhul's spirit- LK" then why would Bolvar have to encase himself in the ice part of the frozen throne in the first place? Now you might answer "because he has to contain the scourge threat" !,
    It's possible Bolvar encased himself in ice as a cocoon so he could acclimate to his new power and dedicate all his concentration to controlling the Scourge. He is completely unfamiliar with this kind of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaralis View Post
    But if the spirit of Ner'zhul -lk is compeletly dead and gone, would'nt his Mental-Physic Control over the scourge also have "gone with him". Therefor there would be No more scourge "alive" and with no threat that brings me back to my point of why bolvar would Encase himself in the frozen throne.
    This is completely wrong. It is explicitly stated that when the LK's control weakens/disappears, the Scourge run rampant. They don't just die off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    LK was a man imbued with nectromantic powers and leads an army of mindless, individually weak abominations. KJ is the general of the most powerful army in the universe. LK and the Scourge combined MIGHT BE close to as powerful as KJ, but LK vs. KJ or even Scourge vs. Burning Legion is absolutely no contest. KJ wins.
    KJ is only an eredar empowered by Sargeras with fel magics. Velen is a eredar empowered by Naaru with the "Light". We still dont know just how strong some Naaru are, but I would be willing to think that Velen is equal to KJ as well as Arch in power. People seem to think KJ is some super powerful being that is the 2nd strongest only to Sargeras himself but the story is a little different. KJ has strong magics. Archimonde was stronger physically though. That is why he lead the armies of the legion. We have beaten Arhc, be it hundread to thousands of whisp blowing him up, but he is still "dead"(I'm sure hell be back int he future). Kil'jaden is no different. If the combine powers of Orcs, Humans, and Night elves can beat Arhcimonde and his minions, I see no reason why The Lich King and his scourge cant beat KJ.

Also, We have no clue is the Burning Legion is the strongest army in the universe. The Titans army could be stronger considering it helped stop the demons in the first place. We also do not know about the old gods so called "endless" army that has been talked about that is still in the Twisting Nether somewhere. In the end the Legion is stronger as a whole then the Scourge though, but we will have to wait and see which army out of the previously mentioned is the best.