Disc Priest Macro Questions.

So ive been playin Disc now for a couple weeks. Crossed over from Rogue. I had my priest before at 90 as Shadow but switched to be more of a contributer to the raids. I really really like it. Its very fun and engaging with a vast useful toolkit. I have a Logitech G600 gaming mouse but binding everything has used up all of my binds. I have been using a few macros. One macro to smite or holy fire the target of my tank, another to prayer of mending the tank first, and a third to mind bender my tanks target. All set to target off of my target first and then focus (the tank) target second. I am looking for other useful macros. Something maybe to inner focus + power infusion or I dont know really. I like to maintain a little control over cooldowns so im really just wondering what macros do you use that seems really useful?

10+ Year Old Account
    /stopcasting
    /cast Void Shift
    /cast [target=player] Prayer of Mending

VS will actually proc mending on you

#showtooltip
    /cast Cascade
    /cast Divine Star
    /cast Halo
    /run SetMacroSpell("90 Talents", GetSpellInfo"Cascade" or GetSpellInfo"Divine Star" or "Halo")

only 1 button no matter what 90 talent you are using (NEEDS to be called 90 Talents or it wont work). Also works for other tiers just match the name with the SetMacroSpell("90 Talents" part.

/stopcasting
    /cast [mod:alt, target=player] Pain Suppression
    /cast [mod:alt, target=player] Power Word: Shield
    /cast Pain Suppression
    /cast Power Word: Shield

since PS is off GCD you can put another instant here. (gift of the naaru is off gcd so you can add it as well). Macro also lets you still use alt to self target.

i like my

#showtooltip
    /cast [nochannel] Smite

macro, so i don't clip penance while spamming smite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whicker View Post

#showtooltip
    /cast Cascade
    /cast Divine Star
    /cast Halo
    /run SetMacroSpell("90 Talents", GetSpellInfo"Cascade" or GetSpellInfo"Divine Star" or "Halo")

only 1 button no matter what 90 talent you are using (NEEDS to be called 90 Talents or it wont work). Also works for other tiers just match the name with the SetMacroSpell("90 Talents" part.
    The general form is

/run SetMacroSpell("<insert macro name>", GetSpellInfo"Cascade" or GetSpellInfo"Divine Star" or "Halo")

where you replace <insert macro name> with the name of the macro that contains this command.

The form I use is:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover][] Cascade
    /cast Divine Star
    /cast Halo
    /run SetMacroSpell("<insert macro name>", GetSpellInfo"Cascade" or GetSpellInfo"Divine Star" or "Halo")

so I can mouseover cast cascade instead of having to click cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    i like my

#showtooltip
    /cast [nochannel] Smite

macro, so i don't clip penance while spamming smite.
    I am not 100% sure how this works, but remember reading about it and apparently it is messing up with latency quite a bit. Since it doesn't allow you to que the next smite cast. Didn't feel so smooth when I tried it and you will probably just get used to it and know when you can que the next smite. But as stated, not 100% sure about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicker
    /stopcasting
    /cast Void Shift
    /cast [target=player] Prayer of Mending

VS will actually proc mending on you
    Though that one seems to be A-mazing if it works!
    Last edited by Vilbu; 2013-07-15 at 10:48 AM.

Deleted
    I have been playing Healers almost exclusvely since the release, and always play them with mouseover macros, like so:

#showtooltip Power Word: Shield
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] [target,exists] [target=player] Power Word: Shield

and obviously the standard "i need bigger numbers" macro:

#showtooltip Power Infusion
    /cast Power Infusion
    /cast Lifeblood
    /use 13

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmtProdigy View Post
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] [target,exists] [target=player] Power Word: Shield
    /cast [@mouseover,exists][exists][@player] Power Word: Shield

Precisely equivalent, but saves you a few characters to cram more other random crap into there if you wanted to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vilbu View Post
    I am not 100% sure how this works, but remember reading about it and apparently it is messing up with latency quite a bit. Since it doesn't allow you to que the next smite cast. Didn't feel so smooth when I tried it and you will probably just get used to it and know when you can que the next smite. But as stated, not 100% sure about this.
    Shadow priests have had a similar macro floating around for years. The consensus is that it will never accidentally clip your channel, but if you have medium to high latency (even a few hundred) then you can probably get better performance by timing it manually with practice but without a macro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whicker View Post
    /cast Cascade
    /cast Divine Star
    /cast Halo
    Friggin' awesome! Thanks for this. Care to explain why it's not GetSpellInfo"Halo" though?

Also: /cast Cascade; Divine Star; Halo
    This saves some characters and is logically equivalent. I'm unsure if it will work in practice though; usually semicolons are used to flow through a list of different spells chosen by conditionals, such as [exists, nodead].
    Last edited by espoire; 2013-07-17 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    The general form is

where you replace <insert macro name> with the name of the macro that contains this command.

The form I use is:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover][] Cascade
    /cast Divine Star
    /cast Halo

so I can mouseover cast cascade instead of having to click cast it.
    Awesome, but #Showtooltip does not work for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    Friggin' awesome! Thanks for this. Care to explain why it's not GetSpellInfo"Halo" though?
    I'm pretty sure the "or" saves you from repeating the "GetSpellInfo" but can only be used for ONE preceding spell and since there are 3 spells you can only use it once.

Quote Originally Posted by thsoern View Post
    Awesome, but #Showtooltip does not work for me
    When you change talents the tool-tip will not show up until you use the spell.