Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thermaplugg!

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    No one is truly evil, one so called "evil" person truly believes what they do seems right and no one can tell them any differently, they are only called "evil" because someone somewhere disagrees with their beliefs

In a sense, the "evil" side of things is technically "good" because the so called "good" side almost always starts the conflict against the so called "evil" side
    That's a load of crock. Evil is destruction, chaos, and murder. How can you possibly call that a "different" point of view?

No good or evil. Just shades of gray and liars.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't understand how good and evil are childish terms and only bound by the perspective of the viewer, no one can help you.

I would say the Old Gods are the only pure evil beings.

Even Sargaras and KJ use to be protectors of the titans until they were corrupted by the maddening whispers.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Gul'Dan lust for power/immortality lead him to do terrible acts, he was ready to sacrafice everything, his own race, to accomplish his desires. I think he is kind of pure evil.

Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    No good or evil. Just shades of gray and liars.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't understand how good and evil are childish terms and only bound by the perspective of the viewer, no one can help you.
    Tell me what is so grey about the evil of mass genocide, destruction, repression, and chaos? Is that just my perspective?

Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Tell me what is so grey about the evil of mass genocide, destruction, repression, and chaos? Is that just my perspective?
    Here's one example from many

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_the_Great

Hate em all you want but in his bloody wake was new trade routes, unified military and creating a kingdom out of cities that had long given up relations with one another. Still, all views are short-sighted and this one favors turning a mass murderer into a leader. We can flip the lens around the timeline all day and favor our bias for any argument.

You really think life is so black and white, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    what exactly is evil?

The old gods are merely organisms that are trying to reproduce in their environment, does that make them evil?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Everyone who dares to oppose holy mary sues of azeroth, is tainted with evil and deserve no mercy. Only slow painfull death.

So yeah people who dont like thrall, anduin, baine and rest of these morons are pure evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction is neither good nor evil. There are cells in your bones that constantly destroying bone-matter, and different cells that constantly building bone matter. If the balance of destruction and construction ever became UNBALANCED that would be a disease.

Destruction is merely an effect. Destruction is necessary for there to be growth, change, and renewal.

Chaos is the same. Chaos is not good or evil, Chaos is merely the innability to predict a result. chaos is randomness, in therein lies the freedom of our free will. Without chaos we are merely automatons in a determinstic clockwork universe.

order and chaos are merely effects. Chaos is necessary for there to be freedom.

All of those are immensly useful in nature and happens constantly in nature. All life on planet earth can thank all those concepts, because they are the reason we are here. Is nature evil?

For anything to be good or evil, there must be something that acts as the supreme source of moral truths. Azeroth has no such source, and evil and good becomes a point of view. No characters are truly evil and none are truly good. It's all depending on the point of view. In the old gods view we are evil for siding with the Titans who locked them away from a place that was theirs, in our view the Old Gods are evil because they thrive in chaos and detruction. In the Titans view we are evil because we are corrupted forms of their perfect creations, in our view the Titans are evil because they want to kill us all. Each major faction is good in their own eyes and evil in their enemies eyes.

Why would the playable characters (or for that matter why would humans in RL) have the supreme authority on moral truths? The real reason some believe this is that is that they are those characters and people. I suggest everyone read up on how morals work, it's not as simple as "this is bad and this is good".

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the legion is pure evil... all they want to do is destroy worlds.

Imo to be pure evil you have to have no cares about mass murder, rape, destruction, torture.

No character in wow has that
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Ha!

My vote goes to Sylvanas. Maybe with a "tad" bit of bias, though. :P

Sylvanas is no where close to pure evil. I could argue that Gallywix is more evil then Sylvanas but i wont.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Old Gods are chaotic for certain, but actually how evil they are is debatable. After all Azeroth was their world. The Titans were the invaders who just shown up and decided to completely reorganize the planet in their image, and tried to kill or at least imprison the original inhabitants/owners.
    Poor old gods..it would be incredibly funny if we end up siding with the old gods against the titans :P

That troll who introduced murlocks to the ecosystem in Zangarmarsh. No contest really.

10+ Year Old Account

characters
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    Here's one example from many

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_the_Great

Hate em all you want but in his bloody wake was new trade routes, unified military and creating a kingdom out of cities that had long given up relations with one another. Still, all views are short-sighted and this one favors turning a mass murderer into a leader. We can flip the lens around the timeline all day and favor our bias for any argument.

You really think life is so black and white, eh?
    Yeah, the man did horrible evil things. He was bad for that regard. Did he do good things? Yes. But that doesn't take away from the evil he did. That is black and white my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Destruction is neither good nor evil. There are cells in your bones that constantly destroying bone-matter, and different cells that constantly building bone matter. If the balance of destruction and construction ever became UNBALANCED that would be a disease.

Destruction is merely an effect. Destruction is necessary for there to be growth, change, and renewal.

Chaos is the same. Chaos is not good or evil, Chaos is merely the innability to predict a result. chaos is randomness, in therein lies the freedom of our free will. Without chaos we are merely automatons in a determinstic clockwork universe.

order and chaos are merely effects. Chaos is necessary for there to be freedom.
    Let's not get into cells, which again as I say below... have no will of their own. And you talk as if chaos in itself is evil... you're right it isn't. But those that wish to wreak chaos into an environment that is in order and is good and uplifting is not OK, and by many is considered an evil act. The Old Gods want to sow destruction and chaos, and all of their minions, and all of their plans are for this effect. They are evil for this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    All of those are immensly useful in nature and happens constantly in nature. All life on planet earth can thank all those concepts, because they are the reason we are here. Is nature evil?

For anything to be good or evil, there must be something that acts as the supreme source of moral truths. Azeroth has no such source, and evil and good becomes a point of view. No characters are truly evil and none are truly good. It's all depending on the point of view. In the old gods view we are evil for siding with the Titans who locked them away from a place that was theirs, in our view the Old Gods are evil because they thrive in chaos and detruction. In the Titans view we are evil because we are corrupted forms of their perfect creations, in our view the Titans are evil because they want to kill us all. Each major faction is good in their own eyes and evil in their enemies eyes.

Why would the playable characters (or for that matter why would humans in RL) have the supreme authority on moral truths? The real reason some believe this is that is that they are those characters and people. I suggest everyone read up on how morals work, it's not as simple as "this is bad and this is good".
    It is that simple. For mortals, it sure is. Nature cannot be considered evil because it has no will. In order to be evil, a will must have taken root and decided to imbed chaos and destruction on another for the sake of nothing but their decision to make it so. And Azeroth has plenty of good natured individuals. I would argue that Velen is good, that the embodiment of the light is also good. Why? Because they seek nothing but the upliftment of others. How can that not be considered good? They do not seek destruction, they seek peace and prosperity. Also corruption =/ evil, so you really can't say that the Titans consider us evil.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hmm..we enter philosophical ground here. Destruction is a meteor falling on earth. Or a tornado. You wouldn't call them evil, you call that a force of nature. Chaos again is the natural state of things. Or the state things strive to.

Now..murder is a mixed bag - because people justify it all the time. The state executing people? That is murder, disguised in a law. A country going to war and killing civilians, that is murder disguised as politics. And by the abortion threads on this forum, some consider that murder. The lighter side? Dexter is sure as hell a murderer...and we still root for him. And for Walter White...
    We are hardly entering into the force of nature side of things. I would not call evil men a force of nature.

State executions for crimes against others are not evil, they are justice. If x murders y, then by the law of that land (if implemented, and without doubt) then he shall die for his crimes. And just because our society has decided to root for murders (in TV or the past) doesn't necessarily make it right.

Aside from the obvious, being the leaders of the Burning Legion and the Old Gods, Gul'dan is probably the closest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Thermaplugg!
    I can agree with this too, because Thermaplugg's a jerk.

Deleted
    basic campfire samoflange is evul