Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Movie] X-men: Apocalypse

Bryan Singer announces 'X-Men: Apocalypse' will hit theaters in 2016

Thoughts?

I say its about time!

I have a feeling it will suck. It's hard to do a movie with a superman type character. Especially when said character is more powerful. "least last time i read apoc was a god unless they changed that"

Is that the sequel to Days of Future Past?

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    I have a feeling it will suck. It's hard to do a movie with a superman type character. Especially when said character is more powerful. "least last time i read apoc was a god unless they changed that"
    Perhaps if they do it right, maybe the story doesnt have him end up killed just stopped or slowed in his agenda, then perhaps he might spill over into other Marvel movies ultimately ending up as a collaboration to finally stop him......who knows.

Basically i hope they do it right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Is that the sequel to Days of Future Past?
    It will be the movie that follows Days of Future Past, whether its the sequel, would have to see the movie to find out, as there hasnt been much info posted about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post

Thoughts?

I say its about time!
    I have been wanting Apocalypse in a X-Men movie since the first Xmen movie came out. Now with that said if they fuck up Apocalypse like how DC fucked up Bane ill go batshit crazy.

The only good X-Men movie in my opinion has been First Class so that alone kills most of the hope I got for X-Men Apocalypse. I think they are trying to fix the X-Men timeline with the new one "Days of Future Past" but I think the X-Men time line is to far gone to be fixed.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-12-06 at 03:38 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I have been wanting Apocalypse in a X-Men movie since the first Xmen movie came out. Now with that said if they fuck up Apocalypse like how DC fucked up Bane ill go batshit crazy.

The only good X-Men movie in my opinion has been first class so that alone kills most of the hope I got for X-Men Apocalypse. I think they are trying to fix the X-Men timeline with the new one "Days of Future Past" but I think the X-Men time line is to far gone to be fixed.
    It's not that Bane was fucked up. It's the fact they went with grounded and realism. That's killer. Marvel will not worry about such things. It's a big advantage and as much as I love Nolan's Batman movies I disagree with his ideals of grounded realism of his Batman movies.

Apocalypse is definitely not realistic but I hope whatever they plan for ends up a reality(As in the movie comes up as great).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's not that Bane was fucked up. It's the fact they went with grounded and realism. That's killer. Marvel will not worry about such things. It's a big advantage and as much as I love Nolan's Batman movies I disagree with his ideals of grounded realism of his Batman movies.

Apocalypse is definitely not realistic but I hope whatever they plan for ends up a reality(As in the movie comes up as great).
    I agree I just have a high hate for The Dark Knight Raise's for many reasons and I feel DC should stick to animated movies like Justice Leauge Doom or Under the Red Hood both was awesome.

I was really impressed with Thor and The Avengers with marvel but like I said after watching X-Men First Class I really dislike the rest of the X-Men movies. ill give this a shot but I swear to god if they pull a bane ill go nutz. Also guys keep in mind this is kinda set to release near Avengers 2.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-12-06 at 03:47 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Eh, at this point the X-Men franchise is practically dead, it's a shame because after X2 I was really hoping it would get good. Seemed to have promise.

And X-Men has so many cool characters but no let's make every movie about Wolverine sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    What is this logic I don't even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Eh, at this point the X-Men franchise is practically dead, it's a shame because after X2 I was really hoping it would get good. Seemed to have promise.

And X-Men has so many cool characters but no let's make every movie about Wolverine sigh.

Xmen First Class was amazing

I agree I just have a high hate for The Dark Knight Raise's for many reasons and I feel DC should stick to animated movies like Justice Leauge Doom or Under the Red Hood both was awesome.
    Dark Knight Rises was an awful B-movie, but Dark Knight was a really good movie. I don't think the problem was Bane (who I actually thought was really good) or the concept of realistic (ish) Batman, it's just that the script for that movie was a total turkey.

But I would prefer if Marvel didn't try to Nolanise their movies, dark and gritty realism doesn't suit most Marvel characters.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Xmen First Class was amazing
    I thought it was mediocre to bad with a few good bits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree I just have a high hate for The Dark Knight Raise's for many reasons and I feel DC should stick to animated movies like justice leage doom or under the red hood both was awesome.

I was really impressed with Thor and The Avengers with marvel but like I said after watching X-Men First Class I really dislike the rest of the X-Men movies. ill give this a shot but I swear to god if they pull a bane ill go nutz. Also guys keep in mind this is kinda set to release near Avengers 2.
    I just think DC needs to stop with the realism shit. Look having believable characters is fine but grounding them and having Realism IMO is not the way to go to depict super heroes at their best. Animated movies are nice but I prefer live action.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think what he means is Apocalypse is a Cosmic Villain like how Thanos is so pulling off such a powerful villain in a live action movie is a lot harder then doing it in a animated movie. Kinda why it worries me what they will do with Thanos in Avengers 3 "if hes in it"

There is just so much a animated movie can do over a Live Action/CGI movie so they will have to scale Apocalypse down some "Maybe" I haven't seen the new Superman movie "I know its DC' but the scale of destruction in that movie isn't even 1/10th of what Apocalypse can do.

- - - Updated - - -

I just think DC needs to stop with the realism shit. Look having believable characters is fine but grounding them and having Realism IMO is not the way to go to depict super heroes at their best. Animated movies are nice but I prefer live action.
    I like both and Live action can do a lot but only so much compared to animated.

The Avengers/Thor really pushed the limit and I can't wait to see what more Marvel dose but DC has been flopping hard since after The Dark Knight.

Don't get me wrong I really want to see a live action Thanos/Apocalypse/Lady Death ect.... but I don't know if I can trust anyone to do it right. Even more so since the X-Men time line is so fucked up right now they are trying to fix with it with "Days of Future Past"

I think what he means is Apocalypse is a Cosmic Villain like how Thanos is so pulling off such a powerful villain in a live action movie is a lot harder then doing it in a animated movie. Kinda why it worries me what they will do with Thanos in Avengers 3 "if hes in it"

There is just so much a animated movie can do over a Live Action/CGI movie so they will have to scale Apocalypse down some "Maybe" I haven't seen the new Superman movie "I know its DC' but the scale of destruction in that movie isn't even 1/10th of what Apocalypse can do.
    I think if they do Apocalypse he'd have to be reinterpreted quite a bit to fit into a movie. They'd probably ditch the time travel for example.

Man of Steel was really shithouse but it did have a totally ridiculous amount of things blowing up. Shrug.

I think if they do Apocalypse he'd have to be reinterpreted quite a bit to fit into a movie. They'd probably ditch the time travel for example.

Man of Steel was really shithouse but it did have a totally ridiculous amount of things blowing up. Shrug.
    If I recall in both the comic's and the cartoon it took every single Mutan plus The Phoenix to beat him and that ended in a draw.

Its been a long time since I looked at ether so I can't remember. This dose make me want to watch the X-Men Cartoon series all over and all versions lol.

But ya I got a feeling if they do it they will have to bring him down to the level of like Professer X or something because unless they bring her back in "Days of Future Past" The Phoenix is dead and won't be able to help beat him.

10+ Year Old Account

Stahp! I haven't even tried to watch it. Honestly my only grip is...oh I dunno doing something even Smallville could do right.

Warrior-Magi

Stahp! I haven't even tried to watch it. Honestly my only grip is...oh I dunno doing something even Smallville could do right.
    lol.

I have yet to see smallville.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol.

I have yet to see smallville.

He never killed anyone in cold blood. The writers pretty much outright defend that notion to(Smallville's writers that is). If they can't get that right. I get upset. I don't hate the DC writers but the hardon for realism is annoying.

Warrior-Magi

Thoughts?

I say its about time!
    my thoughts is hugh jackman is gettin old. get as many movies outa that guy while we still can
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

heh Xmen will own him hell young Thor owned him a thousand years ago...

Perhaps if they do it right, maybe the story doesnt have him end up killed just stopped or slowed in his agenda, then perhaps he might spill over into other Marvel movies ultimately ending up as a collaboration to finally stop him......who knows.
    what other marvel movies?

the non existant fantastic four and deadpool movies?

theres no other marvel movies owned by fox that im aware of for him to spill over to

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    heh Xmen will own him hell young Thor owned him a thousand years ago...
    um i dont think comparing the x-men to thor is really equal in any kind of way.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552