Deleted

First time building.

So I started building a pc today and I'm only up to the graphics card. After plugging it in I decided to test boot it. It all turns on but the fans don't spin. I can get into the bios. On the left hand side of the card there is a small slot that I haven't plugged anything into. It is near the brackets. Please help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Fans on graphic card don't work? Should give us the tech info on the card for better ability to help you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Fans on graphic card don't work? Should give us the tech info on the card for better ability to help you
    Of course sorry. It's a geforce gtx 650 ti boost. Although I have a new problem. I got the fans working perfectly (silly me not pushing it in far enough). When the fans are working on the card I can't get a screen picture but when the card is unplugged the screen works fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mori123 View Post
    When the fans are working on the card I can't get a screen picture but when the card is unplugged the screen works fine
    Do you have the monitor plugged into the -card- or the -motherboard itself-?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    The motherboard. I can't plug it into the card because it is VGA and there isn't a VGA spot on the card. I have an adaptor to change it from 15 pin to 30 pin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mori123 View Post
    The motherboard. I can't plug it into the card because it is VGA and there isn't a VGA spot on the card. I have an adaptor to change it from 15 pin to 30 pin.
    Then use the adapter? Plugging it into the motherboard means you aren't using the card.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Then use the adapter? Plugging it into the motherboard means you aren't using the card.

Fantastic! It works now. Another problem I have is that the CPU stock fan doesn't want to work. I have plugged power into the motherboard. I have also plugged the fan into CPU fan 1 and it still doesn't want to spin. Is this just because it isn't set up yet or in the case plugged into the case fans or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit confused. The system is coming on, and you have video now... But the CPU fan isn't spinning at all? Can you get a picture by chance? I can't think of a reason it wouldn't, if the system is otherwise working.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm a bit confused. The system is coming on, and you have video now... But the CPU fan isn't spinning at all? Can you get a picture by chance? I can't think of a reason it wouldn't, if the system is otherwise working.
    http://imgur.com/iWEekm4
    http://imgur.com/DgJ9de4

Are you sure there are no bent pins on the header? Try another fan header, if that works I guess you have a broken header :/
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, that -appears- to be in the right spot (the actual place where the power plug goes in is kinda blurry). Make sure the wires themselves aren't blocking the fan.

Also, it looks like your heatsink is not attached quite properly. The bottom left pin (And possibly top left?) I don't think is in the right position. The 'notches' should be facing towards the center of the fan, in the 'lock' position. I don't think that's the issue, but something that definitely needs to be handled.

Unrelated, did you not purchase the EVO fan from your previous build thread?

Deleted
    Yes I did but went against putting it in because it really could t understand how to do it. Although now I'm thinking of putting it in. I only didn't install the other fan because I simply couldn't understand the instructions.

Deleted
    Yea must've been the stock fan. I managed to get the evo fan on and it works fine. Thanks for all the help!