1. #1

    Pala ret in 2v2 must play with other dps ?

    I have adude, I am playing with my ret and a monk healer.... But I think If I am a support dont I play with a dps?, I am losing rol with a healer ? I now we have insane burst but without it we are not warriors or dk with constant good damage....
    Sugestions please

  2. #2
    I am Murloc! Balduvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,467
    Ret only works with a healer if you know how to time your burst and CC together.

    Make the enemy use his trinket, CC one target together using one CC after another, kill the other target at the same time with (combined) offensive CD's.

    In general, Ret/DPS still does better in 2v2 though.

  3. #3
    Get a huntard, blow cds as asap. Faceroll to 2k.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Get a huntard, blow cds as asap. Faceroll to 2k.
    It's even easier if you run Ret/Disc because you hard counter all the hunter comps.

  5. #5
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,657
    I would like to see a ret mw team.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  6. #6
    Ret and Frost mage also works pretty neat, me and a friend of mine is doing really well as that comp (me being the pally)

  7. #7
    Ret/FDK, Ret/Disc, Ret/Rdruid, Ret/Warrior, 5.4 scoobydoo,

  8. #8
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,469
    ret rdruid
    ret feral
    ret disc
    ret hunter

    if you lose youre probably doing something wrong

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! Balduvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    ret rdruid
    ret feral
    ret disc
    ret hunter

    if you lose youre probably doing something wrong
    Idk but, pretty much every healer/DPS team (talking about the viable/represented ones here) or double DPS team with sufficient utility and self-healing should beat Ret/Healer, so no, you're not always doing something wrong if you lose.

  10. #10
    1. Get a BM hunter
    2. Keybind everything to avenging wrath, crusader strike and templar's verdict.
    3. Apply face to the left side of the keyboard.
    4. Begin rolling your head.

    2200 guaranteed.

  11. #11
    I would advise you to play with another dps, it just works better with a ret, always has.
    If you still want to play with a healer, then do so with a class that is heavy on cc like disc.

  12. #12
    Best 2s comp in game for the last 3 exp have been feral disc and mage disc. I watched vangaurds last night play fmage/ret at 2200 and the were losing to only those style comps. But in their case the comps the faced were hard counters. Yet they beat a few so don't always go by the book. If you want 2200 in 2s with ret, get ready to try hard because it isn't easy.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,984
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I would like to see a ret mw team.
    I reckon that'd be a sick comp. I once played with a ret (athough a bad one), but we didn't do so well. The ret could barely do any damage, but I reckon if you time your CC correctly and play with ring of piece for a silence and assist in damage, you could do quite some damage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rennegadelawlz View Post
    Best 2s comp in game for the last 3 exp have been feral disc and mage disc. I watched vangaurds last night play fmage/ret at 2200 and the were losing to only those style comps. But in their case the comps the faced were hard counters. Yet they beat a few so don't always go by the book. If you want 2200 in 2s with ret, get ready to try hard because it isn't easy.
    Have you ever fought a hunter/holy priest? Not fun. I fought SV hunter/holy priest and I was literally CCed for the whole game. I maybe got 2-3 heals off and both my CDs to keep my partner from dying, but even then I was still CCed into oblivion because chastise doesn't DR with ANYTHING.

    @OP: I reckon anything that's capable of bursting a lot will be viable. Though, I'm curious how OP feral/ret would be lol. Both classes their off-heals are insane and both classes their burst is insane.
    Last edited by Ermahgerd; 2013-07-29 at 07:38 PM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I reckon that'd be a sick comp. I once played with a ret (athough a bad one), but we didn't do so well. The ret could barely do any damage, but I reckon if you time your CC correctly and play with ring of piece for a silence and assist in damage, you could do quite some damage.


    Have you ever fought a hunter/holy priest? Not fun. I fought SV hunter/holy priest and I was literally CCed for the whole game. I maybe got 2-3 heals off and both my CDs to keep my partner from dying, but even then I was still CCed into oblivion because chastise doesn't DR with ANYTHING.

    @OP: I reckon anything that's capable of bursting a lot will be viable. Though, I'm curious how OP feral/ret would be lol. Both classes their off-heals are insane and both classes their burst is insane.
    Yea I have and ret/disc hard counters disc/hunter. Why? Because hunter can not solo the heals and I can break the cc with hand of sac. But I haven't lost to a disc/hunter comp in 2s

  15. #15
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennegadelawlz View Post
    Yea I have and ret/disc hard counters disc/hunter. Why? Because hunter can not solo the heals and I can break the cc with hand of sac. But I haven't lost to a disc/hunter comp in 2s
    They should be CC'ing the Disc and killing the Ret - outside of hand of Sacc the hunter should be able to drop that Ret while the Disc is CC'd.

    Hunter/Disc has more and better CC than Ret/Disc - it should come down to that once hand of Sacrifice ends.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    They should be CC'ing the Disc and killing the Ret - outside of hand of Sacc the hunter should be able to drop that Ret while the Disc is CC'd.

    Hunter/Disc has more and better CC than Ret/Disc - it should come down to that once hand of Sacrifice ends.
    Never had a hunter kill me without cds. So no I disagree with you and I will always have sac for my disc on cc. Also I take traps so I don't always have to use it and on top of that utility and heals is better as ret/disc than hunter/disc. But I'm sure a bad ret would die to a hunter in 2s but that's every class

  17. #17
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennegadelawlz View Post
    Never had a hunter kill me without cds. So no I disagree with you and I will always have sac for my disc on cc. Also I take traps so I don't always have to use it and on top of that utility and heals is better as ret/disc than hunter/disc. But I'm sure a bad ret would die to a hunter in 2s but that's every class
    I don't think I suggested the hunter should refrain from using cooldowns at any point?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  18. #18
    Ret cant kill disc effectively. PS for every wings, and rets are probably the best spec in the game to fear (lol when you run away quickly with freedom up).

    Any ret team should probably either hard swap a disc (with no PS or fear), or CC the disc.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    Ret cant kill disc effectively. PS for every wings, and rets are probably the best spec in the game to fear (lol when you run away quickly with freedom up).

    Any ret team should probably either hard swap a disc (with no PS or fear), or CC the disc.
    In some cases you are right and some you are wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I don't think I suggested the hunter should refrain from using cooldowns at any point?
    I uh never said you did? I was stating that I haven't had a hunter kill me without his cds and if my priest is free of cc he can't kill me with him healing me.

    Second stop telling me what the hunter should have done he was my opponent, I don't care what he did right or wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •