Poll: WHAT IS ED. SNOWDEN?

Page 1 of 48
... LastLast

Do YOU think Edward Snowden is a HERO/TRAITOR/OTHER?

okay, LOTS of people have been discussing it online now, my family's kinda pissed, btw, at the whole thing.

just wondering, whether ur from the US or europe or china/russia, or other, what do you think about this whole mess? i mean, like, kk, the question every1 has to ask themselves -- is snowden a hero or traitor, and which is worse in this case.

and like, also, what should be done about the guy?? should we hang him, jail him, let him run to cuba, what?? im kinda undecided right now at the moment, hate the gov't spying, also not too sure about eddie here...

i mean, kk, i feel bad for the guy, some things yeah, we should prolly get to know, but like the endless crap about US hacking china, like, seriusly, ok, thanks for telling them, great, why is that YOUR business?? anyway, just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by assassin8197; 2013-07-12 at 05:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the gov't needs to be checked by its citizens more often. I don't feel safe knowing how little the US Gov't cares about obtaining every last shred of information on everyone and stockpiling it "just in case", because it gives them way too much power in the "knowledge is power" kind of way. I'm not a Stazi-conspiracy theorist, but I don't think they need access to all of my information 'just because'.

All in all, I think something like this was inevitable, and I think it will do more good than harm in the long run. If Snowden really didn't sell any secrets, I think he knowingly terminated his career, relationships and citizenship for what he believed was a greater purpose and I commend his moral fortitude. But until such a time as we know ALL the truth about the situation, it's hard to be much aside from conflicted on his actions.

And we'll never know the entire truth, in my honest opinion.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hero, a true patriot and a righteous fighter for freedom. He questions and he stands up for everyones rights by showing us all the wrongs and all the lies.

Loyalty is good, but only to a point. If you are so loyal that you will never question or think criticly, then your loyalty has become stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    the whole thing is way overblown

Not a bad thing for people to know, though. But the media has turned it into something it isn't

10+ Year Old Account
    He's neither. Calling him a Hero is over the top.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not a hero nor a traitor. Just a dumbass. He knew what would happen once he leaked all that stuff, and now he's hiding like a coward. I'm not too bothered with it though, couldn't give a crap if he got locked up or flees for the rest of his life.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Deleted
    He is kind of a hero. He told what the goverment is up to, and doing things it is not supost to. And ofc The goverment goes batcrasy, makeing even the vise-president calling a contry in order to try to catch him. More goverment should be checked by the civilans.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a hero. Have to be, to risk everything in order to expose what he did. Countries should be queuing to give him shelter, not display the shameful cowardly cringing they do now.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is no "think" about this - he is an absolute traitor, fulling the requirements without even thinking about the ramifications. There is no other side.

Deleted
    He is a hero but the thing is that i prefer less freedom for safety. And without internet control we are not that safe.

Traitor with far fewer options today than a week ago, who every day has found completely new methods to discredit himself.

Today's gem is this:

“individual citizens have the duty to violate domestic laws to prevent crimes against peace and humanity from occurring,”

So apparently... NSA spying is a crime against humanity now. Remember what I said in the other thread about this dude, having lived on the internet for 7 years, now lives in a constructed reality? Well here is exhibit A. NSA spying in the Snowdenverse is a crime against the peace and a crime against humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by assassin8197 View Post
    okay, LOTS of people have been discussing it online now, my family's kinda pissed, btw, at the whole thing.

just wondering, whether ur from the US or europe or china/russia, or other, what do you think about this whole mess? i mean, like, kk, the question every1 has to ask themselves -- is snowden a hero or traitor, and which is worse in this case.

and like, also, what should be done about the guy?? should we hang him, jail him, let him run to cuba, what?? im kinda undecided right now at the moment, hate the gov't spying, also not too sure about eddie here...

i mean, kk, i feel bad for the guy, some things yeah, we should prolly get to know, but like the endless crap about US hacking china, like, seriusly, ok, thanks for telling them, great, why is that YOUR business?? anyway, just my 2 cents.

It is his business because all sorts of laws have been broken and the government in many cases are acting as criminals. It is absolutely absurd to call him a traitor when he pointed out the BLATANTLY ILLEGAL activity that is infringing on not just our own government activities and those of other governments, but its own
    citizens. We have many countries that are incredibly angry with us, and they have every right to be. This is something that is on a much larger scale than Watergate which people still talk about now as Nixon being the largest crook we've had in the governement. That was just taping the other political parties election campaign information. This is taping the American Public and Foreign Government Embassies that should come with strict punishment for all who are involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, if he didn't do it now, someone would have later. Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    It is his business because all sorts of laws have been broken and the government in many cases are acting as criminals. It is absolutely absurd to call him a traitor when he pointed out the BLATANTLY ILLEGAL activity that is infringing on not just our own government activities and those of other governments, but its own
    citizens. We have many countries that are incredibly angry with us, and they have every right to be. This is something that is on a much larger scale than Watergate which people still talk about now as Nixon being the largest crook we've had in the governement. That was just taping the other political parties election campaign information. This is taping the American Public and Foreign Government Embassies that should come with strict punishment for all who are involved.
    There was absolutely nothing illegal about NSA spying.

This has been proven in the other thread about five times, using well sourced references to that effect.

We can MAKE IT illegal if you disagree with it. That requires getting 60 senators, 218 congressmen and the President on your side. But as of right now, there is nothing illegal about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good grief. I like the info he has but he isn't a bloody hero or traitor. He skids the line if you ask me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

If he was really a serious thread to NSA, CIA or any other agencies do you think they would have let him walk freely while they know where he is? He would've been kept in a secret jail or dungeon or something right now. Also he didn't leak the information they gathered, he just said they are gathering information!

Wasn't exactly news that the US does what it does, so what he brought to the table was more like confirmation and a bit more details.

I don't really care for the invididual as such but I think people like him have a role to play.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-07-12 at 05:42 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    He's a hero. Have to be, to risk everything in order to expose what he did. Countries should be queuing to give him shelter, not display the shameful cowardly cringing they do now.
    If they don't "side" with the US they won't receive aid then.

OT: I don't know if I would use the term "hero", although the way the media throws it around nowadays I guess yea he probably is. I'll definitely say he has some balls though, and if anyone of us leaked the same stuff you're lying your ass off if you would say you wouldn't be hiding out looking for somewhere to go.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i feel very sorry for him, thats for sure. He had to move out of the US, he lost a job that paid super well, and he's still in no mans land in russia, or did he find sanctuary somewhere ? nevermind, the sad thing is that its all for nothing, its not like the NSA will stop spying on us, or the US atleast. They might have a bit harder time spying on foreign countries, since the will require an explanation and such, but i think its pretty much for nothing.

It might even have been better had we not known about it. Who knows, the NSA might prevent terroism with their spying sometime in the future, only now we have ppl up in arms about being spied on. Ignorance is bliss, we might all have been better off had it stayed a secret.

Personally, i wouldnt mind the government spying on me. It doesnt affect me the slightest. Also, imagine if the NSA had to stop their spying because of this, and some terrorist attack, that could easily have been prevented if the NSA hadnt stopped spying, happened, could u imagine the shit storm ?

But nah, we live in a dangerous world, it might not be as flowery and rainbowy as we would want, and maybe these kinds of things are necessary
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Deleted
    I think hes a hero. That's a pretty huge personal sacrifice to make for something you believe is right. He was basically willing to ruin hes life for something he believed was right .

Illegal spying is never justified, it doesn't matter what it might prevent.