Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If you look at the entire package, I would definitely put PTR Druids ahead of PTR Shaman.
    deffo, got both, and hell it's just more fun, easier and better to heal with a dudu.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    People are arguing both sides of which is more OP. I've concluded it must be balanced =3
    haha, i guess then!

I imagine Ysera's being useful for off healing, solo content and leveling.

However i would never take it as a resto druid.

No way I would give up Cenarion ward as a druid.

my b I didnt see us getting NS baseline.
    Last edited by Pascal; 2013-07-18 at 12:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Because Blizzard hates you.

Just you, nobody else.

Wanna know why?

Because you're complaining on a forum about a Public TEST Realm ability instead of simply giving feedback on their forum.
    You. I like you.

OT: Because different abilities are different. Look at the whole package of shaman (particularly resto) instead of cherry picking similar abilities and using that as a basis for why one thing is more powerful than another.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    You guys get to keep nature's swiftness.

:/

The grass is always greener.
    You get it baseline

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    You. I like you.

OT: Because different abilities are different. Look at the whole package of shaman (particularly resto) instead of cherry picking similar abilities and using that as a basis for why one thing is more powerful than another.
    mhm, looking... what I see is dudu>shaman, by a mile

Resto druids are probably the most reliable and well equipped healers in the game - shamans have no where near enough tools and reliable AoE healing spells to compete on a DESIGN level.

But for raiding content, i think both will be fine.

To be honest I can't compare HST w/talent to Ysera's Gift really. But having played this game since classic beta, Blizzard has this slow moving ship of class adjustments that tends to be too little, too late for most classes when it comes to their design. Only when stuff reaches apocalyptic levels like shaman/warlock in Cata do they really work on revamping them. Even then, they didn't do enough with shaman to make it fun (and on the level of other similar classes). But I don't think it's some huge bias against specific classes as much as it is that they suck at making about half their classes fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    No offense intended to you personally but this statement imho is bullshit. I have played this game since open beta and if I have learned one thing is that blizzard has preferences on classes. Recently they have tried to get out of this way of thinking but this only shows that they continue to fall back to their previous preferences. It makes absolutely no sense what so ever on a business standpoint but I am personally convinced that the culture at blizz central is all about buffing and keeping buffs on certain classes and specs and not on others. As far as the wow forums are concerned blizzard does not like being criticized... They just delete your ass.

In the end, blizzard is a group of people, these people have preferences and those preferences show when you play the game. For example I play a lot of different classes and you can see the amount of time care and attention they give to preferred classes over non preferred classes and specs. The rotation is simpler, less macros, way more damage or healing, more survivability its all there.

Should the OP be pissed.... Fuck Ya he should! He spent all his free time lvling a class that he finds fun only to be fucked by some long held bias at blizzard. My suggestion to the OP, live with the changes, lvl a new toon thats favored by blizzard or quit like millions of people have done and find a game thats willing to make you happy not pissed or sad etc.
    You have no evidence to back this up other than "WAHH WAHHHH BLIZZ DIDN'T BUFF MY CLASS THEY HATE US AND LOVE EVERYONE ELSE!"

They delete your ass on forums, because you whine and moan about things without anything constructive or any reason to be doing so. You'd rather complain than actually work out what they're trying to do. Shaman have had their time in the sun multiple times in WoW's history, right now Enhancement getting it's chance even. Stop looking for trouble in design, it's stupid.

Also this talent is not as strong as HST at all. Talented and glyphed it's not even a competition (not to mention this is a talent anyway).

Cenarion Ward is much better than Ysera's gift in PvE. A 5%-Heal might be nice for non-healer-classes, but for Healer-Classes, Cenarion Ward is much better. Even if Ysera's gift is a smart heal; it is so insignificant that the other talent choices are much better in PvE. Ysera's gift is only the best talent choice if you want to bet more hps in the healing meter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Blizzard generally hates or prefers nothing and nobody. However, their reasoning for buffs, nerfs or changes might not always be clear and sometimes it doesn't even make sense. Just because you don't understand why doesn't mean it's bad or unjustified. Don't get so emotional over it.
    There should be a thumbs up option here for posts like this.

That is your assessment of how blizzard works and your entitled to your opinion. My assessment is different. Blizzard plays favorites and I am pretty sure if we were to ask any wow player they would say the same thing.

We have mods that show us clear discrepancies between classes and specs. Everyone uses them. After you play for a couple of years you pretty much know what class is good at what. For example, I came back to WoW because I heard they finally buffed elemental/enhancement shamans. Well, they must of been pretty fucking bad before I came back because my frost mage in crappy blues keeps up with him pretty damn nicely. His ilvl 487(shaman)or something and my mage is like ilvl450 or something like that. Not only is my mage able to utterly kick butt but the rotation is a fucking joke compared to my shaman. Its so streamlined and clean its not jagged and cds popping here and there like a fucking whackamole game.

Do I feel upset, not really, lots of games out there to play. It is depressing when you put love and attention into your most favorite class/spec only to know it will always be a second class citizen. I can empathize with the OP, so I gave him advice as how to go forward. You gave him an excuse.
    Have you met my friend "sampling bias?" I think you two would really hit it off.

5% per 5 seconds. You mean 1% per 1 second like mage rune of power w/evocation glyph right. It's a very weak talent as people have already said. It "sounds" neat but this kind of talent is a dime a dozen. It's mostly guaranteed to be useless healing (not on who needs it most), and heals for vastly less than healing stream - let's just be nice and say it's 1/4th as much on average.
    Last edited by Justusy; 2013-07-15 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    You get it baseline
    Only Restoration and Balance Druids will have Nature's Swiftness in 5.4. As for CW versus YG I'd say CW is the better of the two choices for predictable heavy damage, otherwise stick with YG. If CW weren't on the GCD then it'd be the go-to talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewid View Post
    There should be a thumbs up option here for posts like this.
    I quite literally cannot take another bite of irony cake after this post.

Deleted
    That is your assessment of how blizzard works and your entitled to your opinion. My assessment is different. Blizzard plays favorites and I am pretty sure if we were to ask any wow player they would say the same thing.

We have mods that show us clear discrepancies between classes and specs. Everyone uses them. After you play for a couple of years you pretty much know what class is good at what. For example, I came back to WoW because I heard they finally buffed elemental/enhancement shamans. Well, they must of been pretty fucking bad before I came back because my frost mage in crappy blues keeps up with him pretty damn nicely. His ilvl 487(shaman)or something and my mage is like ilvl450 or something like that. Not only is my mage able to utterly kick butt but the rotation is a fucking joke compared to my shaman. Its so streamlined and clean its not jagged and cds popping here and there like a fucking whackamole game.

Do I feel upset, not really, lots of games out there to play. It is depressing when you put love and attention into your most favorite class/spec only to know it will always be a second class citizen. I can empathize with the OP, so I gave him advice as how to go forward. You gave him an excuse.
    I've been maining ele shaman since Firelands now and I can assure you that 1) ele's rotation (or priority list, just so people don't nitpick) is just as dumb as frost mage's, enhancement on the other hand does have a relatively "clumsy" rotation. And 2) You're definitely doing something wrong when you can even remotely compare a 487 shaman's output to that of a 450ish frostmage.