Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ysera's Gift. Blizzard hates us?

How the f*** can such ability be ok with no cooldown, impossible to dispel, basically you cannot stop it from ticking (5% hp every 5sec)
    But our Healing Stream Totem has cooldown, killable, limited range, requires keybind and we need to keep an eye on it.
    Just tried them both on ptr with the same ilvl, druid will heal more in 5 minutes fight without even paying any attention to this shit.
    Why?!
    Last edited by Tokas; 2013-07-12 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Why?!
    Because Blizzard hates you.

Just you, nobody else.

Wanna know why?

Because you're complaining on a forum about a Public TEST Realm ability instead of simply giving feedback on their forum.

Deleted
    Different classes, different toolset.

Blizzard generally hates or prefers nothing and nobody. However, their reasoning for buffs, nerfs or changes might not always be clear and sometimes it doesn't even make sense. Just because you don't understand why doesn't mean it's bad or unjustified. Don't get so emotional over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Because Blizzard hates you.

Just you, nobody else.

Wanna know why?

Because you're complaining on a forum about a Public TEST Realm ability instead of simply giving feedback on their forum.
    It should be clearly OP without even letting us test it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Blizzard generally hates or prefers nothing and nobody. However, their reasoning for buffs, nerfs or changes might not always be clear and sometimes it doesn't even make sense. Just because you don't understand why doesn't mean it's bad or unjustified. Don't get so emotional over it.
    Not emotional, but need to complain before it gets too late

That is how they do things for Shaman. Step 1 on the Blizzard checklist is *Can we tie this to a totem? BRILLIANT NOW ITS SHAMAN ABILITY!
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Different classes, different toolset.
    Clearly, but in this case they are giving shaman's thingie to Druids, only improved.
    Even in theory this talent sounds silly, druid can just afk in a raid, and he still does healing, no matter which spec.
    Last edited by Tokas; 2013-07-12 at 06:24 PM.

HST: Scale with haste mastery and crit, heal the most injured member.

YG:: 5% hp at 5sec, okay no mana and passive. But heal the druid even if he has 99% hp and your little friend is dying.

Not sure if is that OP.

Clearly, but in this case they are giving shaman's thingie to Druids, only improved.
    Even in theory this talent sounds silly, druid can just afk in a raid, and he still does healing, no matter which spec.
    Comparing a single target, primarily self heal, with throughput less than that of a hunter's spirit bond talent, that essentially doesn't scale (scales with stamina lol), to a multitarget AoE healing CD with good throughput, that is a smart heal, when talented targets two targets at once, gets another 50% throughput from a resto passive, and can be glyphed for damage reduction.

Sounds legit.
    Last edited by Iskra22; 2013-07-12 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskra22 View Post
    Comparing a single target, primarily self heal, with throughput less than that of a hunter's spirit bond talent, to a group wide healing CD with good throughput, is a smart heal, when talented targets two targets at once, gets another 50% throughput from a resto passive, and can be glyphed for damage reduction.

Sounds legit.
    Requires Glyph, talent and is easily destroyed, vs immortal passive. Yep.

Immortal passive that is the throughput equivalent of spirit bond and doesn't scale. Super duper OP. Are you stacking hunters for self healing?

Put another way, glyphed evocation has *4 times* the throughput of this passive, and is still laughably bad.

EDIT - Holy shit I didn't even realize they buffed spirit bond on the PTR. Spirit bond is now over 50% stronger than ysera's gift in throughput, and ticks faster as well. Yeah totally OP, totally comparable to healing stream.
    Last edited by Iskra22; 2013-07-12 at 07:16 PM.

Im with Iskra,

You are really overreacting lol, hst is thousand better than this talent

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    No offense intended to you personally but this statement imho is bullshit. I have played this game since open beta and if I have learned one thing is that blizzard has preferences on classes. Recently they have tried to get out of this way of thinking but this only shows that they continue to fall back to their previous preferences. It makes absolutely no sense what so ever on a business standpoint but I am personally convinced that the culture at blizz central is all about buffing and keeping buffs on certain classes and specs and not on others. As far as the wow forums are concerned blizzard does not like being criticized... They just delete your ass.

In the end, blizzard is a group of people, these people have preferences and those preferences show when you play the game. For example I play a lot of different classes and you can see the amount of time care and attention they give to preferred classes over non preferred classes and specs. The rotation is simpler, less macros, way more damage or healing, more survivability its all there.

Should the OP be pissed.... Fuck Ya he should! He spent all his free time lvling a class that he finds fun only to be fucked by some long held bias at blizzard. My suggestion to the OP, live with the changes, lvl a new toon thats favored by blizzard or quit like millions of people have done and find a game thats willing to make you happy not pissed or sad etc.

Requires Glyph, talent and is easily destroyed, vs immortal passive. Yep.
    The glyph is optional, its not required for HST to heal. That being said, its a good glyph that gives a nice DR buff, that's why a lot of people use it.

Yeah HST needs a talent to hit 2 targets, guess what YG needs a talent to exist in the first place. Seems pretty even there (or shall we take the flip side: yours is baseline and therefore better since it "cost" nothing to get argument) - ridiculous of course.

Destroyed vs passive...Irrelevant for pve/raiding. For pvp... well blech; but even in that case Renewal or CW are probably better options for pvp than YG most likely.

Seriously u have your panties in a bunch over nothing.

HST is a ton more useful as smart heal.
    1 single point of damage every 4.9 secs is enough to keep the druids health below 100% and basically negates YG as a heal for anyone but the druid. HST goes on merrily healing low health raid members regardless of your health.

Also: Immortal? really? If you and your pvp teammates can't manage to out dps a 4500 HPS hot on a druid... sounds like you've got more serious problems.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-07-12 at 07:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you look at the entire package, I would definitely put PTR Druids ahead of PTR Shaman.

Deleted
    So a 5% heal every 5 sec vs healing tide totem. I would go with healing tide totem. Dont give me shit with is different taltens, Both are the " healing" taltens of there class

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    No offense intended to you personally but this statement imho is bullshit. I have played this game since open beta and if I have learned one thing is that blizzard has preferences on classes. Recently they have tried to get out of this way of thinking but this only shows that they continue to fall back to their previous preferences. It makes absolutely no sense what so ever on a business standpoint but I am personally convinced that the culture at blizz central is all about buffing and keeping buffs on certain classes and specs and not on others. As far as the wow forums are concerned blizzard does not like being criticized... They just delete your ass.

In the end, blizzard is a group of people, these people have preferences and those preferences show when you play the game. For example I play a lot of different classes and you can see the amount of time care and attention they give to preferred classes over non preferred classes and specs. The rotation is simpler, less macros, way more damage or healing, more survivability its all there.

Should the OP be pissed.... Fuck Ya he should! He spent all his free time lvling a class that he finds fun only to be fucked by some long held bias at blizzard. My suggestion to the OP, live with the changes, lvl a new toon thats favored by blizzard or quit like millions of people have done and find a game thats willing to make you happy not pissed or sad etc.
    Actually they don't.

What Blizz does have are class representation numbers that they attempt to equalize. Because of this they'll sometimes push out a lot more buffs to a class to improve their representation. A lot of this is so they aren't wasting things like art assets on a class that's played by a slim minority of the community.

But no, please, continue to tell me about the semi-personal vendetta Blizz has against you.

People are arguing both sides of which is more OP. I've concluded it must be balanced =3
    Last edited by Rafal; 2013-07-12 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Actually they don't.

What Blizz does have are class representation numbers that they attempt to equalize. Because of this they'll sometimes push out a lot more buffs to a class to improve their representation. A lot of this is so they aren't wasting things like art assets on a class that's played by a slim minority of the community.

But no, please, continue to tell me about the semi-personal vendetta Blizz has against

That is your assessment of how blizzard works and your entitled to your opinion. My assessment is different. Blizzard plays favorites and I am pretty sure if we were to ask any wow player they would say the same thing.

We have mods that show us clear discrepancies between classes and specs. Everyone uses them. After you play for a couple of years you pretty much know what class is good at what. For example, I came back to WoW because I heard they finally buffed elemental/enhancement shamans. Well, they must of been pretty fucking bad before I came back because my frost mage in crappy blues keeps up with him pretty damn nicely. His ilvl 487(shaman)or something and my mage is like ilvl450 or something like that. Not only is my mage able to utterly kick butt but the rotation is a fucking joke compared to my shaman. Its so streamlined and clean its not jagged and cds popping here and there like a fucking whackamole game.

Do I feel upset, not really, lots of games out there to play. It is depressing when you put love and attention into your most favorite class/spec only to know it will always be a second class citizen. I can empathize with the OP, so I gave him advice as how to go forward. You gave him an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
    People are arguing both sides of which is more OP. I've concluded it must be balanced =3
    Ysera's gift is not only not OP, its not even particularly good. It's the best overall healing talent in a very weak tier for druids. It's seriously a vastly inferior version of spirit bond, I don't know why people are going nuts over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    That is your assessment of how blizzard works and your entitled to your opinion. My assessment is different. Blizzard plays favorites and I am pretty sure if we were to ask any wow player they would say the same thing.

We have mods that show us clear discrepancies between classes and specs. Everyone uses them. After you play for a couple of years you pretty much know what class is good at what. For example, I came back to WoW because I heard they finally buffed elemental/enhancement shamans. Well, they must of been pretty fucking bad before I came back because my frost mage in crappy blues keeps up with him pretty damn nicely. His ilvl 487(shaman)or something and my mage is like ilvl450 or something like that. Not only is my mage able to utterly kick butt but the rotation is a fucking joke compared to my shaman. Its so streamlined and clean its not jagged and cds popping here and there like a fucking whackamole game.

Do I feel upset, not really, lots of games out there to play. It is depressing when you put love and attention into your most favorite class/spec only to know it will always be a second class citizen. I can empathize with the OP, so I gave him advice as how to go forward. You gave him an excuse.
    And yet if you ask 10 players who agree that Blizzard plays favorites you'll likely get 10 different answers. Your personal bias doesn't necessarily translate into others having a bias. Every class, shaman included, has great moments and their "sunwell" to use the term loosely (no one has actually been "sunwelled" since sunwell honestly).
    Last edited by Iskra22; 2013-07-12 at 09:50 PM.