Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I've seen a lot of people saying 'smh' lately, which apparently is an older internet phrase for 'so much hate' when they get asked to do something they don't want to.
    Shaking my head.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    People say VC because back in the day at 60 Dire Maul was ran a lot to get higher end gear. If people said DM for DeadMines people wouldn't know if they meant Deadmines or Dire Maul.
    This. VC = VanCleef. The Normal version at low level, before a heroic was available, had papa VC himself.

I'm not a big PvPer, so I never get the acronyms or other terms for arena team makeups. I still remember seeing KFC thrown around a lot and thought it was somewhat funny because, you know, fried chicken buckets in a 3v3 arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    People say VC because back in the day at 60 Dire Maul was ran a lot to get higher end gear. If people said DM for DeadMines people wouldn't know if they meant Deadmines or Dire Maul.
    I'm getting so tired of this BS misinformation. That was not the case, and the 'VC' thing didn't start up until some time in TBC. Back in Vanilla, most people would say shit like DME, DMW, DMN, DM trib run, or actually spell out east, west, and north. Dead Mines released with the game, Dire Maul did not. Dead Mines was called DM long before Dire Maul even released. Never mind the fact that people used a function back then that, believe it or not, still exists in the game today: Shift+clicking a player's name in chat will tell you what level they are. Someone in their teens is obviously not going to be running Dire Maul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    well usually cause hc is short for heroic? I don't know what do you call it?

Hc mode ToT is what I've been doing for weeks on end now. What would you say?
    H.TOT is what i would say

I'm a progression raider, many top 20-50 kills and even glad during OP SHADOWMOURNE I PRESS BLADESTORM.... and I still don't know what peel means. LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Ebola cleave will remain as my favorite comp name. IIRC, it's like DK/Lock (or was it spriest?)/healer. Lots of diseases.
    Think its DK/Feral/Healer, due to the infected wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm getting so tired of this BS misinformation. That was not the case, and the 'VC' thing didn't start up until some time in TBC. Back in Vanilla, most people would say shit like DME, DMW, DMN, DM trib run, or actually spell out east, west, and north. Dead Mines released with the game, Dire Maul did not. Dead Mines was called DM long before Dire Maul even released. Never mind the fact that people used a function back then that, believe it or not, still exists in the game today: Shift+clicking a player's name in chat will tell you what level they are. Someone in their teens is obviously not going to be running Dire Maul.
    Don't know what your server did, but VC was formal on US Archimonde shortly after release, especially when Dire Maul was patched in. People then started identifying which section of Dire Maul they were running. DM East, DM West, DM North.

This was well before Burning Crusade was known about, much less live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    I don't know why people picked up on HC when a simple H to denote Heroic will suffice. H:ToT, where the colon is optional and can be replaced with a space. I haven't wasted any frustration on it because my guild has just begun progression on N Lei Shen, and no one pugs heroic raids on my server. Further, no one pugs 5-man heroics outside of the dungeon finder, so Heroic just isn't in chat all that much.
    I think a single letter can often be the result of a typo, or easily missed for those of us with lesser eyesight, especially if the instance or encounter starts with that letter. H Horridion for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought HC meant hardcore?
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    I think a single letter can often be the result of a typo, or easily missed for those of us with lesser eyesight, especially if the instance or encounter starts with that letter. H Horridion for example.
    I agree, I can see why you'd say H ToT is easier and makes more sense, especially when people use N to indicate normal (not on my realm though, if it's normal, nothing is specified, or "normal" is written full out). It can cause confusion though, and using at least 2 letters for an abbreviation of any kind prevents that ("wtf I thought you said this is h horridon?!" "lol.. no?" ... :P)

15+ Year Old Account
    After Dire maul wsa patched in it was common practice in trade to look for others by using the abreviation DM. In most cases peoepl didn't really care where you were going and the only time it was really posted was "DM tribute run lf some one with frost oil".

You can call all the BS information you want but your not the only one from vanilla still around http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81

Quote Originally Posted by Savedwow View Post
    I'm a progression raider, many top 20-50 kills and even glad during OP SHADOWMOURNE I PRESS BLADESTORM.... and I still don't know what peel means. LOL
    It means to pull people off someone. Like if your healer is getting raped by some melees, you help out and peel them off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting so tired of this BS misinformation. That was not the case, and the 'VC' thing didn't start up until some time in TBC.
    Consider that it's possible, maybe even likely, that different servers have different practices and that maybe people aren't spreading "misinformation" but sharing their experiences on their servers?

VC bothers me and I've always called Deadmines "DM" (Diremaul with either just "DM" and inferred from context, or "DM [wing]"), but I will totally concede to the VC crowd that I remember tons and tons of people calling it VC in classic on my server. Once BC came out, Dire Maul mostly became obsolete anyway, which diminished the need to differentiate them.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    You thought wrong, on every server I've been on HC stands for heroic. Playing on a tbc server right now and again just like it's used to be people use (hc) and (n) to say what they are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    well usually cause hc is short for heroic? I don't know what do you call it?

Hc mode ToT is what I've been doing for weeks on end now. What would you say?
    I generally use H, but you'd think "HM" would make more sense, if you wanted a two-letter abbreviation, than "HC," for heroic mode or hard mode.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Devylknyght View Post
    nope its from starcraft
    You may think so but nope its not from star craft :

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/ZOMG

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=zomg

can also link lots of others none of which even mention starcraft lol

Most memorable one was always the DM/VC one.

Seen the dead mines as DM, mines VC, Dire Maul was not often done as DM alone most of the time as not many ppl ran it in one go in its entirety, so most of the time would be LFG DM West etc.
    Last edited by Shakari; 2013-07-12 at 10:09 PM.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to look it up so not knowing doesn't last long, usually it's the dungeon abbreviations people trip me up with since there are so many dungeons and some I'm not that familiar with. Other than that it's mostly been people who jumped ship, joined where I'm at and brought newer lingo or shortened terms with them that I've had to look up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    I've heard people say it means heroic, heroic content, and hardcore, so I guess it varies. Most people I see just use "H" for heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    I don't know why people picked up on HC when a simple H to denote Heroic will suffice. H:ToT, where the colon is optional and can be replaced with a space. I haven't wasted any frustration on it because my guild has just begun progression on N Lei Shen, and no one pugs heroic raids on my server. Further, no one pugs 5-man heroics outside of the dungeon finder, so Heroic just isn't in chat all that much.
    There wasn't a heroic mode for a long time. Fights were harder when you did the "hardcore" version. Thus, HC for "hardcore".