Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Multiple gladiator. 2500+ rated.

No clue what 90% of arena team abbreviations mean.

15+ Year Old Account
    As an some1 who only do pve, all these arena teams like "beastcleave, wizardcleave" make no sense to me, i think its like 3 casters doing aoe/cleave spells, i bet im wrong ^^
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Tangential to this, I had never seen smh as 'shaking my head'.

Usually, must as FML was fuck my life, smh was 'so much hate'.

Amusingly enough, there were a number of situations where smh was applicable in both iterations.

Deleted
    Sometimes I remember myself talking with a friend of mine in the presence of other people .. and we were like :

*So what kind of istance did you join the last reset before the new patch went live.. did you drop any cool loot or boe or bop or some world drop in it ?*

Well this topic reminded me of that .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    Usually smh means Shaking My Head
    Thanks for the clarification. I always thought that meant "so much hate", and it always fit the situation where it was used, so I thought I was right about it.

It was ages before I learned what PUG stood for, even after I knew it meant a random group.

Arena comps... those names are just so stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the arena comp names mean something and when you figure them out they make sense.

beast cleave- the whole comp is about the hunter and his/her pet(s)
    LSD- This mainly focus's on the boomkin as the lights and all the flashiness of the spells is like an LSD trip.
    wizard cleave- Generally 2+ spellcasters on the team, can be any spell caster.
    vanguards cleave - named after the dubbed "best retadin in the world" and his team he created to get r1 multiple times. Vanguards was the only ret in the world to get r1 last season.
    Melee cleave - generally just 2+ melee classes together

Most people ask "why does every arena team have the word 'cleave' in it?" And that's pretty simple, cleave is usually dealing damage in general. The word cleave was derived from the warrior spell to cleave or to hit multiple targets with one ability. And the PVP scene just kind of picked it up and morphed it a bit. Normally if you have at least 2 dps on your arena team it's a "cleave".
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    LSD- This mainly focus's on the boomkin as the lights and all the flashiness of the spells is like an LSD trip.
    Or how about Lock-Shaman-Druid....
    Also, you are confusing LSD with LSD2.0. LSD is Elemental Shaman, Lock, Resto Druid. LSD2.0 is Boomkin, Lock, Resto Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    wc = water closet (bathroom), not really used in the US. If you play with people from other countries.
    wc can also stand for wrong chat, atleast thats what i use "wc" for
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    combat rogue?
    If someone says CR when referring to rbgs, it means class rating. As in what your personal rbg score is.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    There wasn't a heroic mode for a long time. Fights were harder when you did the "hardcore" version. Thus, HC for "hardcore".
    That was HM, abbreviation for Hard Mode. HC came in later and I have no idea why. It's not a big deal, but if only one abbreviation had to be chosen, it'd have to be H instead of HC or Hc or w/e.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ill-by-Ensidia

Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    If someone says CR when referring to rbgs, it means class rating. As in what your personal rbg score is.
    Or Current Rating I believe. Because you might have a 2200 achievement from long ago but now your class/spec might not be "viable" so you can't achieve that now, so they want to know your current season's rating.

The one that usually catches me offguard is BR instead of CR. On my server we tend to use Combat Res exclusively, but LFRs are cross realm and it seems like a lot of other realms say Battle Res. I don't have the same split second recognition on seeing BR so I might not res someone immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Or how about Lock-Shaman-Druid....
    Also, you are confusing LSD with LSD2.0. LSD is Elemental Shaman, Lock, Resto Druid. LSD2.0 is Boomkin, Lock, Resto Shaman.
    Ah righto, i sure am there. I guess that was never one that I understood fully until you said something. Thanks haha now I feel like an ass XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Everything that is said in trade chat is confusing. You're not alone.

I know what they mean, except for the arena team comps. If I don't know what something means, I just look it up. You know, with the internet. The only one I don't get is calling a dungeon a 'dung'.

Dung is poop. Okay? Stop it. Seriously.

Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    wc = water closet (bathroom), not really used in the US. If you play with people from other countries.
    Really? you didn't know that WC meant toilet? you are on the internet ffs

Even if I did pvp, I still wouldn't care what the stupid arena team comp names are. I seriously wonder how far you have to dig to pull those out your ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by danielu100 View Post
    gharld fu cked name,all my friends are playing on this patch and its going fine,u fu cking ugly kid go comment ur mother face not here, morron shit.
    50% nerdrage, 50% wut? o.O

I play on a low pop server. I created a toon in Ilidian and heard ´monkey runs´ everywhere. Never heard them on my server

I had no idea what it meant. I thought it was a high level toon ´carrying monkeys´ through a low level instance and I always noticed it was 85+ characters saying it.. So thinking they were volunteering, I sent a few /tells to the people ´can you run me through WC or RFC´... and they just kept saying no.

For those that don´t know.. a ´monkey run´ is doing regular mode stormstout brewery up until the first boss ( ie, killing a ton of monkeys) and then resetting the instance and doing it again and again. Very fast Exp apparently.