Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

WoW lingo you still don't understand

So there you are, minding your own business, and then somebody in trade abbreviates something you don't understand. Hopefully this thread will help those people understand most if not all acronyms and will be able to go about there daily WoW lives in a less-confused manor.

Could someone clear these two up for me?

C.O.D
    FLM

Thanks.

C.O.D = Cash on Delivery (Mail option)
    FLM = LFM with a typo?

I know most things unless it's something new in terms of WoW Acronyms, but there are some which are just silly that different regions/servers use. For example, people using VC for Deadmines is just silly. You don't use a boss name for an instance, pffft.

or FML typo... probably FML type

Never seen FLM...

I'm not really part of the PvP scene, so I still don't understand arena team comp names to this day. Never have, never will.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a lot of people saying 'smh' lately, which apparently is an older internet phrase for 'so much hate' when they get asked to do something they don't want to.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Never heard about FLM, think its a miss typo from LFM (looking for members)

C.O.D dosen't come with the . Skip em, and just type COD (cash on delivery, check your mailbox)
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'm not really part of the PvP scene, so I still don't understand arena team comp names to this day. Never have, never will.
    Sometimes I think they just pick random words out of a hat (and add "Cleave" to the end). >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Any of the arena team comp abbreviations.

But in my defense, most of them stand for stupid nonsensicalshit anyway.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Sometimes I think they just pick random words out of a hat (and add "Cleave" to the end). >.>
    Wizardcleave, shadowcleave, junglecleave, cleavecleave.

I think you're right.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I've seen a lot of people saying 'smh' lately, which apparently is an older internet phrase for 'so much hate' when they get asked to do something they don't want to.
    Usually smh means Shaking My Head

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Wizardcleave, shadowcleave, junglecleave, cleavecleave.

I think you're right.

FLM is probably Feral Lock Mage, the bestest 3s setup ever!
    Hi

smh is "shaking my head" actually. VC for Deadmines was a bit weird, but whatever... I don't know that I can think of any that I don't understand, tbh. IMHO, the strangest is ZOMG. zombies, OH MY GOD? who knows. The internet's a weird place
    Last edited by Kagonos; 2013-07-12 at 07:25 PM. Reason: spelling
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    smh is "shaking my head" actually. VC for Deadmines was a bit weird, but whatever... I don't know that I can think of any that I don't understand, tbh. IMHO, the stragest is ZOMG. zombies, OH MY GOD? who knows. The internet's a weird place
    I think the z originally came from a typo where they intended to hit the shift key, but it's became like the x in people's names. It's just OMG with a Z, for added effect. Like xArthasdkx.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    C.O.D = Cash on Delivery (Mail option)
    FLM = LFM with a typo?

I know most things unless it's something new in terms of WoW Acronyms, but there are some which are just silly that different regions/servers use. For example, people using VC for Deadmines is just silly. You don't use a boss name for an instance, pffft.

People say VC because back in the day at 60 Dire Maul was ran a lot to get higher end gear. If people said DM for DeadMines people wouldn't know if they meant Deadmines or Dire Maul.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Never seen FLM...

Ebola cleave will remain as my favorite comp name. IIRC, it's like DK/Lock (or was it spriest?)/healer. Lots of diseases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    Usually smh means Shaking My Head
    smh is "shaking my head" actually.
    According to UD, 'shaking my head' is an incorrect interpretation that has become more rampant than it's original meaning.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

VC for Deadmines was a bit weird, but whatever...
    VC for deadmines because of Van Cleef.

There was confusion calling it DM when Dire Maul was introduced, and since everyone was doing Dire Maul rather than an entry level dungeon, it was the deadmines that had to change abbreviations.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    People say VC because back in the day at 60 Dire Maul was ran a lot to get higher end gear. If people said DM for DeadMines people wouldn't know if they meant Deadmines or Dire Maul.
    Oh I know why, it's just silly. It's easy enough to shift+click on the name to see level and other info, so there really is no point. Nobody ever changed anything else with conflicting acronyms so I'm not sure why this one was. :<

Arena composition abbreviations can come from top rated team names, popular top world rank players, the class names of the team, rewording of a similar team, and so forth. They are all largely arbitrary and there is no official standard for such jargon. Also, manor is not manner... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    wc = water closet (bathroom), not really used in the US. If you play with people from other countries.