Reset switch plug in location question

Sorry I have been posting here a lot recently. Building my first computer soon so I am trying to get everything down once its here so I can start assembling it with full knowledge, and you guys are all awesome on the information you provide.

Okay so onto the question. I am reading my Mobos online manual, and i got a general idea where all the pannel connectors go on the Mobo except for my Reset switch. Here is a pic

Now judging by what the connectors say it goes into the bottom right one, but do I leave the furthest right pin exposed? or the middle pin exposted?

Here are 2 pics of where I am sure, but not exactly sure which is how it is done. I dotted the 2 pin slots with a yellow marker reprepsenting where I plug the reset header at.

Pic1

Pic2

The GND is just what confuses me. Looking at the other connectors it is pretty clear where they go. just the reset has me scratching my head

Sorry if this is a big noob question, again it is my first time building, and I got everything down hot to install except this part. Thanks

For the reset "signal" to activate, the switch has to "short" the Reset and GND pins which the motherboard reads as a "reset signal".

You can try this by shorting the Reset pin and the GND pin right next to it with a screw driver.

The reset switch should have two wires, a positive (colored) and a ground/negative (black or white). Both wires need to be connected to the "reset" and "GND" respectively for the reset switch to work.

GND is for ground.

PLED+ PLED- PWR+PWR1 Nothing
    HDLED+ HDLED- Reset- Reset+ Nothing

Whats confusing? The extra Ground?

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    GND is for ground.

PLED+ PLED- PWR+PWR1 Nothing
    HDLED+ HDLED- Reset- Reset+ Nothing

Whats confusing? The extra Ground?
    Yes my Reset switch can fit in 2 of the pins, I was just not sure exactly which 2 it would be in. From what you said I should be plugging it into where I did the example as in pic2?

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Yes my Reset switch can fit in 2 of the pins, I was just not sure exactly which 2 it would be in. From what you said I should be plugging it into where I did the example as in pic2?
    Yes, thats the general placement as far as i know.., i wouldnt be too scared about it if its different anyway.

When you are done building it etc etc just press the reset button, if it doesnt work try the other way around its not a huge issue.

Also, which motherboard is it, can check the manual myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here ya go.

Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Ye already checked it.

Apparently Asrock likes to put "GND" instead of "Reserve", guessing to mean general GND for the chip.

Its as i said, Reset - Reset +