Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This is the Cake. "Hey guess what guys everyone is getting new character models."

This is an older Cake. "Hey guys guess what we gonna make a dance studio so you can learn dances from other races."

This is your brain on Cake. "Gee this expansion is getting pretty dull, I only have 50 things left to grind today, but I can't wait for my new models"

The Cake is a-(Insta-Banned by a Moderator)

Delicious

Deleted
    I think they're gonna announce atleast bunch of new racemodels at blizzcon. Probably gonna see them in the next expansion.

A bit of offtopic but any news on where did they relocate the titan-crew, now when it's been started from scratch. I sure hope some of them are working in the re-modeling team.

On the subject of subraces:
    Humans - Really have no true subrace, just ethnic groups
    Dwarves - Dark Iron, Wildhammer & Frostborn are the only ones that would work.
    Night elf - No subraces, Highborne look the same.
    Gnome - Only one they could possibly do is Leper gnome, but that's far-fetched.
    Draenei - Could add Broken.
    Worgen - No subraces.

Orc - Mag'har, Dragonmaw and possibly red (like Dark Portal guards)
    Undead - Have no subrace, unless they add some sort of forsaken elf.
    Tauren - Taunka
    Trolls - Bulky look, Forest trolls (Revantusk anybody?)
    Blood elf - No subraces unless they give us Wretched.
    Goblin - No subraces, goblins from other cartels look the same.

Pandaren - Just fine, no need for subrace.

I completely understand why this is taking so long, but I do think it's worth all that time and work. I would love to see WoW get a major graphics overhaul, even if it means we have to wait a bit longer for other stuff that gets "sacrificed" in order to do it. It'd feel like a new game. Hell, it felt like a new game to me when I upgraded my PC and saw it with all graphics set to Ultra for the first time. I was just doing flyovers of all the different zones to see how awesome they looked.

Also Dwarves have enough side factions for the OP's suggestion to work. We have Bronzebeards, Wildhammers, Frostborn, and Dark Irons. I'd even love to see that go an extra step and have different starting areas/quests depending on which "sub faction" you select. Gnomes....yeah, that might be a little harder. Although it kinda makes sense, considering that like half their entire race was wiped out by the Gnomeregan disaster and Trogg invasion.

Could go with Leper Gnomes, but....I'm pretty sure they all lost their sanity when they became leper gnomes, and aside from a very few of them who joined the Forsaken, most of them just wander around Gnomeregan. Probably wouldn't make a very interesting playable faction.

For elves, you could just have a single "elf" option and put all the different elf types (night elf, blood elf, etc) under that. The sub-faction you pick could even determine whether you are alliance or horde in some situations (elf being a good example of that).
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-07-13 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve15 View Post
    Worgen - No subraces.

Tauren - Taunka

gilgoblin could be a subrace. though, i don't think they're all that smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    gilgoblin could be a subrace. though, i don't think they're all that smart.
    Give 'em some Kaja-cola (or diet Kaja-cola, a gilgoblin has to watch their weight y'know) and that'll smarten them up. It worked for the goblins and it worked for those monkeys on the Lost Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    For an extra step, they should also implement some kind of sub-race system. There are many different kinds of humans, Stromgarde humans, Stormwind Humans, and Tiristifal Humans. There are Fel Orcs, Mag'har Orcs, Green Orcs. Taunka, Tauren. Ice Trolls, Jungle Trolls, Desert Trolls. Night Elves, Highborn. Goblins from other trade cartels. The only issue I could see is that the Worgen are humans, and that Gnomes and Dwarves lack counterparts in other parts of the Warcraft universe
    So lets look at some of the problems here.
    Stromgarde, Stormwind, and Lordaeron Humans are different nationalities, not different races; the differences in physique based on Nationality would be considerably less than say the difference between High Elves and Blood Elves. Also, if you want to play a Lordaeron Human, you can... they're called Forsaken.
    Fel Orcs are not part of the Horde, and never have been — they're crazy, fel-ridden and feral. The Mag'har Orcs are meant to be very scarce in numbers — living almost exclusively in Nagrand.
    Taunka are a proper sub-race of Tauren, with actual sustainable populations... too bad they're philosophy of Shamanism is abhorred by Thrall and other members of The Earthen Ring.
    Ice Trolls (Drakkari) and Desert Trolls (Farraki) have never, even been part of the Horde and have been entirely absorbed by Prophet Zul. This is also true of the Gurubashi (Jungle) and Amani (Forest) trolls. That said the Darkspear Tribe ARE Jungle Trolls and the Horde does have Forest Trolls (Revantusk) — but by-and-large the Forest Trolls are ancient enemies of The Blood Elves.
    Goblins from other Cartels are not separate races, they aren't even separate nationalities; just different companies.
    Highborn are Night Elves with Golden Eyes. They wouldn't be any different for anything else, but it does make their implementation rather simple.

Listen I don't even want to start with your next paragraph. Subraces get brought up in every. single. race model discussion; it is a terribly stupid idea. Your other points, especially bringing up the old models for mounts and how wildly outdated they'd be, are great points. Salient and smart. This one isn't.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Chances are they're probably almost done and are just waiting to put them as a "feature" for the next expansion.

It's probably as simple as that... ((Especially if they could use it as an excuse for no new race or class to create for next expansion))

- - - Updated - - -

Worgen - No subraces.

Tauren - Taunka

What about Mecha Gnomes?

Chances are, they're already complete and Blizzards just working on a way for people to pay to unlock them on their accounts rather than giving them free to anybody who JUST pays a subscription. It is just a cosmetic change after all so doesn't effect anyones gameplay.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    On the subject of subraces.
    Humans - Vrykul (Horde)
    Dwarves - Dark Iron, Wildhammer
    Night elf - Highborne (Azshara model)
    Gnome - Leper gnome (Horde)
    Draenei - Nobundo type
    Worgen - Old model worgen

Orc - Mag'har, Dragonmaw, Fel?
    Undead - Forsaken elf
    Tauren - Taunka, Yaungol
    Trolls - Gurubashi (already ingame as Darkspear?), Amani, Farraki, Drakkari, old model Zandalari
    Blood elf - High elf (Alliance)
    Goblin - Steamwheedle (Alliance)

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Humans - Vrykul (Horde)
    Dwarves - Dark Iron, Wildhammer
    Night elf - Highborne (Azshara model)
    Gnome - Leper gnome (Horde)
    Draenei - Nobundo type
    Worgen - Old model worgen

Orc - Mag'har, Dragonmaw, Fel?
    Undead - Forsaken elf
    Tauren - Taunka, Yaungol
    Trolls - Gurubashi (already ingame as Darkspear?), Amani, Farraki, Drakkari, old model Zandalari
    Blood elf - High elf (Alliance)
    Goblin - Steamwheedle (Alliance)
    Vrykul.

Anyway, I just thought sub-races would make for better character diversity and development. Despite how difficult they would be to implement -- lore-bending even -- they would be cool.

Always wanted to play as a big angry Vrykul, wielding a big dull axe that relies on strength to hew through foes. I love Vikings, and Wrath was my favorite expansion, hands down.

Anyway, had a long day. Just wanted to check on the thread before I hit the hay. OP leaving thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for the model updates. They should really take their time on this endeavor this way it is done properly and not rushed. I would much rather wait for another expansion to come out and then get the updated model changes than to have them feel "rushed" and push out some half a**ed stuff...kinda like CATA. Hehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    There's nothing wrong with mount models, I doubt we'll be seeing these updated.
    There really is. Looking at the Horse model compared to the Dragon Turtles or, hell, even the Cranes from White Lotus is simply a said state of affairs.

I am hoping for a total revamp of a lot of it at some point. Even old zones could be given a better touch-up, simply as far as replacing textures could go a long way.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."