Deleted

Working with the French Army

I have just had this linked to me and thought some of you may be interested in it. The French have a bad and undeserved reputation when it comes to their military, so this may give you an insight to them.

http://chrishernandezauthor.com/2013...e-french-army/

I can agree with most of this, the French I have worked with have all been excellent, aggressive troops although most of their Officers are arrogant arseholes. Has anyone else had any dealings with them or any other countries military that also has an undeserved rep?

Deleted
    My grandfather was based in France once with the AAC - he met the foreign legion, he said they oft stole from each other and were pretty much brutes and bullies with some soldiers there just trying to scam the citizenship and then dodge duty - he came away with very little respect for them.

This was quite some time back though, ergo before the Berlin wall fell.

I'll ask him whenever i get the chance if he worked with them again.

- Edit.

He was enlisted then, before he worked his way up - so that may of influenced his perception of them? I don't know!
    Last edited by mmoc1aca3196c5; 2013-07-12 at 10:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    My grandfather was based in France once with the AAC - he met the foreign legion, he said they oft stole from each other and were pretty much brutes and bullies with some soldiers there just trying to scam the citizenship and then dodge duty - he came away with very little respect for them.

This was quite some time back though, ergo before the Berlin wall fell.

I'll ask him whenever i get the chance if he worked with them again.
    The FFL are a different kettle of fish entirely, they are like disloyal pitbulls, you send them in to wreck stuff but they are not trusted even by the rest of the french military. The FFL tends to attract poor people from poor Slavic countries which make up the bulk of their forces, their Officers are mostly French but their enlisted are are pulled from different countries that mostly hate each other, it is not a good work environment. They get the job done and do it well, but can be a bit "over zealous".