Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
29
... LastLast
  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Not to mention that an experience buff is already pay to win. It gives a clear advantage over someone who has not paid.

    Certainly, thus far they are planning to limit it into Asia, but as per their own words, it's not out of the table to carry it over into other regions and in all honesty, I have no trust left in them at all this point. It will happen eventually here.
    that means wow has been pay to win since BC? ish. With raf that is, experience buff is apparently pay to win.
    BY THAT LOGIC
    WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE WHINING NOW
    because its already been pay to win for a few years, they're just adding cosmetic / fun / toy items.

    So why is the outbreak now, not years ago when its the exact same thing?

  2. #362
    It should be self-explanatory. TCG was one of the earlier steps. More of the same.

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Experience buffs are not pay to win, you are fundamentally misunderstanding what 'pay to win' is if you think that.
    It's buying advantage over someone else who has no leveling buff. Nothing is this game is a race (except maybe the race daily quests) by their original intent.

    Buying advantage is buying advantage and that is pay 2 win. You can put a lot of bla bla but it doesn't change that one little fact.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    that means wow has been pay to win since BC? ish. With raf that is, experience buff is apparently pay to win.
    BY THAT LOGIC
    WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE WHINING NOW
    because its already been pay to win for a few years, they're just adding cosmetic / fun / toy items.

    So why is the outbreak now, not years ago when its the exact same thing?
    Yes, I consider RAF a pay to win, it gave TONS of people advantage in the race to level 90 (Har har) who rolled Pandarens. This is just one step further which I also disapprove. And I have ALWAYS complained about RAF so your caps driven shizzle doesn't run with me.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

    "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Which as I point out in the very bit you bolded and underlined is another thing entirely. Those products are not intended for the general WoW audience; it's a cross promotion to bring people playing the card game into WoW and vice versa; an incentive to try other licensed products or a reward for those already using them. Not something they just made and slapped up for sale; you actually have to buy a different product entirely and even then the chance you get one of the items is small.

    It's not the same thing as taking sub money, creating a piece of content then putting it up for sale as a quick cash grab.

    But hey ho, you keep on truckin'!

    So optional paid content that takes away from real development is different from optional paid content that takes away from real development.

    Okay, buddy.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  5. #365
    Dreadlord DrMcNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Training with Batman in the Batcave
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    sub based+micro transaction, activi$$ion at its finest xD
    Could also say that Vivendi Game$ is being greedy.
    WoW without flying is like having Pizza, instead of flying right over it

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Oh man this comment section is about to get HILARIOUS.
    *grabs popcorn*

  7. #367
    Scarab Lord Valarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sowf Wails
    Posts
    4,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    So optional paid content that takes away from real development is different from optional paid content that takes away from real development.

    Okay, buddy.
    Compare the money they make from people expressly buying TCG items to the money they made from Sparkly Ponies on their $20 store.

    One is a nasty, unethical cash grab, the other is cross promotion which almost every business does. It's a question of ethics (or lack thereof).

    The fact we don't see 100s of players riding Spectral Tigers is testament to that, so good reasoning on that one.

    Not that I expect you to understand that, given your stance on it "buddy". (Ps - obvious sign of a failed line of argument is when you try to sound "cutesy"... grow up.)
    Last edited by Valarius; 2013-07-13 at 05:20 AM.
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

  8. #368
    Maybe they will use the money gained from selling these items to hire more/better artists.

  9. #369
    Calling it now. Want to transmog legendaries? Better get your wallet.

  10. #370
    (insert not backed up statement relating to slopes)

  11. #371
    If any of you quit over this, I'm going to laugh. Its such a small thing to get upset over.

    Actually, I hope you do quit. Might clean up the community a bit. Just make sure you stop coming onto fansites, since you don't play anymore.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    So optional paid content that takes away from real development is different from optional paid content that takes away from real development.

    Okay, buddy.
    Because the art department could totally make a new raid in the same time it takes to make a few helmets, amirite?

  12. #372
    Dreadlord Miseration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    Posts
    808
    Why not? Its no different than buying something on xbox live.

  13. #373
    Blizzdrones out in full force.
    "B-but its not p-pay2win..."
    "This is just a silly harmless transmog item, nothing else will come out of it"

    and meanwhile at Hitler's HQ aka Activision they start to see people will really buy anything no matter how dumb and so the great degradation of p2w will commence.
    Last edited by Skadovsk; 2013-07-13 at 05:28 AM.

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    If any of you quit over this, I'm going to laugh. Its such a small thing to get upset over.

    Actually, I hope you do quit. Might clean up the community a bit. Just make sure you stop coming onto fansites, since you don't play anymore.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Because the art department could totally make a new raid in the same time it takes to make a few helmets, amirite?
    *armchair developer mode* In the time it took to make this helm, that was datamined two patches ago we could have had 3 more tiers of raids with accompanying dungeons, appropriate lore, etc.

  15. #375
    Pandaren Monk Issalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Area 52 US
    Posts
    1,952
    It's just cosmetic. Transmog shouldn't be something people complain about. I don't see the fuss honestly, I feel like some players complain just for the sake of complaining when it comes to this game. This is a company.....they do rely on making money to survive. This whole "they are so greedy" argument annoys the piss out of me.

    It isn't for anyone to say how much they can / should strive to make. If you don't want it don't want to pay for the items, then don't. Same thing as in the game, if you don't want it don't put forth to get certain items or gear, then you don't. These cosmetic items they are adding won't have any amount of prestige, it just shows someone was willing to pay for them. Who cares??? This milking the cow business is absurd. Get pissed when they start to charge extra for stuff that really matter, not something some other player is wearing to look a certain way.....get over it already.

  16. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Blizzdrones out in full force.
    B-but its not p-pay2win...
    So I am geniunely curious, how is this pay2win by your logic?

    Also there maybe fanboys/girls but not everyone that likes blizz is blindly defending. The same could be said for any criticism.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    It's just cosmetic. Transmog shouldn't be something people complain about. I don't see the fuss honestly, I feel like some players complain just for the sake of complaining when it comes to this game. This is a company.....they do rely on making money to survive. This whole "they are so greedy" argument annoys the piss out of me.

    It isn't for anyone to say how much they can / should strive to make. If you don't want it don't want to pay for the items, then don't. Same thing as in the game, if you don't want it don't put forth to get certain items or gear, then you don't. These cosmetic items they are adding won't have any amount of prestige, it just shows someone was willing to pay for them. Who cares??? This milking the cow business is absurd. Get pissed when they start to charge extra for stuff that really matter, not something some other player is wearing to look a certain way.....get over it already.
    But then they have nothing to complain about. When blizz puts stuff on here that makes killing internet dragons easier I'll see the point of the complaining.

  17. #377
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post


    Because the art department could totally make a new raid in the same time it takes to make a few helmets, amirite?


    You do realize the raid art department and the armor art department are two different animals, right?
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

  18. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    You can also buy everything on GW2's shop using in-game gold currency (conversion into gems).

    But yeah GW2 does it so why can't WoW charge $10 a PET? (nvm you can get a pack of 3 for that price in GW2 even)
    This.

    It doesn't make any sense that WoW has both a monthly subscription fee AND a cash shop. And remember that the cash shop provides cosmetic items AND lots of essential account services like server transfers.
    I am sorry, but people here should seriously raise their voice. A competitor like GW2 asks for no sub fee AND everything they put in the cash shop, cosmetic items and account services, can be easily bought with in game money as well.
    What does the sub fee pays for in WoW? Content patches? Most MMOs on the market by now don't ask for a sub fee AND offer regular content patches as well, in general more frequently than WoW does.

    Really, people, wake up. If you love this game you should seriously stand up: ask Blizzard more content for less money, refuse to be treated like a cash cows...! If nothing else, vote with your wallet: they'll notice for sure...
    Last edited by Merp; 2013-07-13 at 05:35 AM.

  19. #379
    Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    You do realize the raid art department and the armor art department are two different animals, right?
    I think that was the point of his post.

  20. #380
    *armchair developer mode* In the time it took to make this helm, that was datamined two patches ago we could have had 3 more tiers of raids with accompanying dungeons, appropriate lore, etc
    No, but for every one of these helms made by an artist that is "possibly" 1 less helm available in game and if they put the more talented artists on store items (which would make sense because they will have to look nice if they expect to get the 5-10 bucks they will charge) there could be a noticeable decline in sub based items.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •