Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard, stop this... It's not the free to play game.
    Few months later they will start to sell tiers in real-money shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Asia on the outset and then the west, read blue posts.
    Please quote the post where they said "and then the west"

On the other hand, don't bother, I already know your answer. "Next week", right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    I have not seen anything about selling charms. I've seen people say that blizz is doing that but with no cited source.
    "as well as an alternate way to acquire Lesser Charms of Good Fortune"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5?page=88#1745

I have not seen anything about selling charms. I've seen people say that blizz is doing that but with no cited source.

Thanks for all the feedback so far, everyone. We’re still pretty early in the exploration process, but we did want to go into more detail about our rationale for introducing an in-game store, as well as provide some insight into what you might ultimately see available there.

For players who are already interested in the in-game items we offer, such as Pet Store pets and mounts, the benefits of an in-game store are pretty clear. We think everyone would appreciate the convenience of being able to make such purchases without having to leave the game, and ultimately that’s our long-term goal for the system, though there’s quite a bit of work involved in retrofitting those existing items into the new system.

First, we’ll be testing the in-game store with some new kinds of items we’re looking into introducing (in Asian regions, at the outset) based on player feedback: specifically, an experience buff to assist with the leveling process, as well as an alternate way to acquire Lesser Charms of Good Fortune. We’ve had a lot of requests from players in different regions for convenience-oriented items such as these, and as with other new ideas we’ve introduced as WoW has evolved—including Pet Store pets, mounts, and more—your feedback plays a hugely important part in determining what we add to the game.

Ultimately it’s still too early in the process to make any final determinations about our plans, but in the meantime, we hope you’ll check out the in-game store once it’s implemented on the PTR and let us know what you think.

Not my problem you don't understand how google works.

The most amusing part in all of this. Blizzard has said engagement is down. That people are running out of content. We're breezing through stuff and getting bored. So instead of spending resources trying to get us to be in the game more and grinding they're essentially cutting their legs off by putting things in the store that can be acquired instantly. Those helmets could have been a long grind, but now with some cash we buy them, afk in org for a few mins thinking we look cool and log out. That to me seems like they've just given up. They're losing a lot of subs, the game is almost a decade old. They know they can't keep up, so they just need to milk as much as they can before they're down to 500,000 subs. They know a lot of people will quit over this, they don't care.

I though beauty was subjective? For example I think most of t2 is pretty wack, and I know people that swear by it.
    you reckon? I remember when I was raiding in Vanilla and they released the models for the new tier. I thought it was one of the only tiers where every classes set looked cool. It got to the point where I turned down best in slot gear just to finish my set for the look and run around IF feeling superior haha. I know xmog has kind of killed the ability to let image alone let someone stand out due to having better gear it adds a lot of incentive for someone like to me to casually stroll through old raids collecting tier items and being able to appreciate the effort gone into the raid. Can't say however if by some miraculous chance in 5 years I am still playing that I will go through MGV for xmog gear because on average the artwork is fairly lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    "as well as an alternate way to acquire Lesser Charms of Good Fortune"

Now where in there is the line about selling charms? Alternate way, yes, but I see no mention of selling. I could assuming one way or the other but assuming will not get anyone anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Please quote the post where they said "and then the west"

On the other hand, don't bother, I already know your answer. "Next week", right ?
    Are you purposely being ignorant? There are three regions, asia europe and US. So, they said asia on the outset. Outset means at first. Now, when they say other regions, they're not talking about kekmekestan. They're talking about the other two. Now, what direction is the US and EU from Asia? You got this bro!

Pretty sure the non-cosmetic stuff is for Asia.

Now where in there is the line about selling charms? Alternate way, yes, but I see no mention of selling. I could assuming one way or the other but assuming will not get anyone anywhere.
    First, we’ll be testing the in-game store with some new kinds of items we’re looking into introducing (in Asian regions, at the outset) based on player feedback: specifically, an experience buff to assist with the leveling process, as well as an alternate way to acquire Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.

But it's useless as most people already have thousands of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Are you purposely being ignorant? There are three regions, asia europe and US. So, they said asia on the outset. Outset means at first. Now, when they say other regions, they're not talking about kekmekestan. They're talking about the other two. Now, what direction is the US and EU from Asia? You got this bro!
    Blizz also stated that with double lockouts per week in asia and higher loot on 25 man.

You must be trolling. It's IN THE STORE. That's what the whole post is about.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizz also stated that with double lockouts per week in asia and higher loot on 25 man.
    Who the hell cares what they said about lockouts? They never said they were doing it in asia on the outset. They said specifically it was only for asia and would not be coming to the other regions. I'm done with you.

Woo no more condescending comments from you. Not like we would see eye to eye ever.

I'm going to buy the helms and seesaw just to see how many of you fags whisper me in-game with hate speech.

Moooo£ooooo£oooo$ooooo£ooooo$oooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Next thing in the tube are:
    -unique cosmetic glyphs that change the color of spells or shadowform....
    -mounts that can carry a group($50), raid($100) etc....
    -additonal bank/bag slots...
    The idea of a mount being able to carry a group of let's say 3-4 would be awesome. Minus that price you suggested and add a more reasonable one and I would be sold. lol Make it like a 3-4 seater rocket or something.

You are fantastic. People like you, who think they are advocating for this game, are actually one of the main reasons of its slow demise.
    It's because of people like you, who defend Blizzard no matter what, that now this game has the worst money-for-content ratio on the market. Seriously, did you have a look around at what the competitors offer to their customers for much less money? And you really think that "I am not forced to buy that cosmetic stuff" makes a good argument and a full justification for this? Are you aware that people get frequent content patches, cosmetic items and account services all without paying a single dollar in other major titles? Then WoW subscriptions are freefalling and people wonder why... Right...

Have fun being treated like a second class customer and being happy about it. As long as you comply, Blizzard has no reason to offer you more or make you pay less. As they could and should do.

I don't think it would really bother me that much if they weren't also standing up saying Art is hard and slow to develop as reasons for other things not being out. I also agree that these are things that could of been added into game play events similar to how the Legendary has been done this expansion to increase the amount of non-raiding content.

They admitted themselves that activity rates among casuals are down, so instead of adding something that would give everyone something to do ( increasing activity), lets do the opposite and add cool stuff for money. Sure in the short term it increases your bottom line,but in the long term it does nothing to help the issues within the game itself ( and why you say you are losing subs)

Alot of games are doing this and getting away with it, why can't wow do it without people throwing a tantrum?

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Alot of games are doing this and getting away with it, why can't wow do it without people throwing a tantrum?
    Subscription MMO. This isn't unusual behavior and is pretty typical response to a subscription MMO moving towards a free-to-play model.