Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ...
22
30
31
32
33
34
... LastLast
  1. #621
    Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    Almost every other MMO has a cash shop, even though they don't have subs, so they're just following suit.
    Then they should also follow suit and drop the subscription fee, but yeah, people won't care and wil buy this anyway so it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Zodiark Son; 2013-07-13 at 02:13 PM.

  2. #622
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Since when were cosmetics not a part of the game that we're paying for? Since when were they not included in our subscriptions???

    Getting sick of this argument. Without cosmetics this games just a load of maths and RNG, the cosmetics ARE what makes it a game and creates the world. Infact, now we have transmog, cosmetic appearance is JUST as important to a lot of players as the quality of the armour.

    Speaking as a Rogue, our latest PVP AND PVE armours have been PISS poor for a long time. Ranging from "really lazy and not thought out" to "a fuckin horrendous mess". Last season we had to look like someone had emptied their KFC leftovers over our heads. Blizzard actually designing cooler armour to sell for an additional cost is an insult.

    This is MEANT to be a Pay to Pay model. With Blizzard trying to have a F2P model at the same time, and getting every penny they can from players, is IS a pisstake and disrespectful to those with subscriptions, even if you aren't using that armour.
    Unfortunately for you what people think of the armour is all relative. Since YOU think that the new armour is better than old sets doesn't actually strengthen your argument. I personally think the dreadful and malev sets for rogue are better than those helms. This will be the exact same thing with the mounts. We will say the same things. "Hey those items are rendered nicely, but that guy is a fucking idiot for paying 20$ on that mount". For anyone who has seen alani's mount you would know that that mount is 100% better than anything in the blizzard store.

  3. #623
    Quote Originally Posted by goinglohan View Post
    Unfortunately for you what people think of the armour is all relative. Since YOU think that the new armour is better than old sets doesn't actually strengthen your argument. I personally think the dreadful and malev sets for rogue are better than those helms. This will be the exact same thing with the mounts. We will say the same things. "Hey those items are rendered nicely, but that guy is a fucking idiot for paying 20$ on that mount". For anyone who has seen alani's mount you would know that that mount is 100% better than anything in the blizzard store.
    There is nothing relative about the fact that Blizzard are charging ppl for items ... and then charging them sub to be able to wear those items. Not a SINGLE game out there in the current market does that. And that is for a reason. It's total and utter disgrace.

    Even F2P games don't sink so low to force ppl to pay a sub to log into a game to use items you bought for real money.

  4. #624
    Quote Originally Posted by goinglohan View Post
    Unfortunately for you what people think of the armour is all relative. Since YOU think that the new armour is better than old sets doesn't actually strengthen your argument. I personally think the dreadful and malev sets for rogue are better than those helms. This will be the exact same thing with the mounts. We will say the same things. "Hey those items are rendered nicely, but that guy is a fucking idiot for paying 20$ on that mount". For anyone who has seen alani's mount you would know that that mount is 100% better than anything in the blizzard store.
    no? alanis mount is just the red cloud serpent with a sparkly effect. O_o
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  5. #625
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just realised that blizz introduced HATS into game. Warcraft fortress anyone ? I wonder when raid bosses will start dropping crates instead of loot. Key cost only 2$ and you have 1% chance for unusual loot !!!!

    Now 3 helmets, tommrow this:
    There is huge difference. You can log into TF2 anytime you want without paying extra to use the items you have bought. WOW is the ONLY game that is planning to let ppl pay for items and THEN force them to pay a sub so that they can wear those items when they want. I repeat. ONLY game on the market.

    There is not a single game in a twisted and unprofessional game industry that dares to sink this low.... But Blizzard is ready to.

  6. #626
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    There is nothing relative about the fact that Blizzard are charging ppl for items ... and then charging them sub to be able to wear those items. Not a SINGLE game out there in the current market does that. And that is for a reason. It's total and utter disgrace.

    Even F2P games don't sink so low to force ppl to pay a sub to log into a game to use items you bought for real money.
    Please reread what I said. The LOOK of the armour is relative. They are selling mounts and the pets in the store right now. What is the difference with COMSMETIC gear? It is not different than the mounts and it will all blow over like that. Also, you can't compare what other games are doing because they don't offer the same thing is what WOW offers, which is why it is sitting at 8 million subs.

  7. #627
    One thing really blows my mind here. The apologisism of the fanbase in mmo-champion towards Blizzards decisions is appaling.

    I knew it was a good chunk of fanboyism on this site, but this is exceptionally apparent.

  8. #628
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no? alanis mount is just the red cloud serpent with a sparkly effect. O_o
    Different colour. It is not a sparkly effect. It is actual lightning/clouds. See you don't even know what you are talking about, so how can you comment?

  9. #629
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel61616 View Post
    I, personally, don't see an issue with the pet store (I rarely buy from it, but I like the idea). The items are all purely cosmetic and give you no gain whatsoever in-game. Just for fun and for show.

    It's simple really: If you don't like the items, don't buy them. And don't think little of those who do.
    Many would argue that fun items DO give you a gain - enjoyment.

    To many people, cool little cosmetic things are just as important, if not moreso than stats.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-07-13 at 02:50 PM.

  10. #630
    once they start get this going, i hope they add racial armor to it. they have had the chance to add it to city quartermasters, but they haven't. so this would be perfect. night elf sentinel gear, stormwind infantry gear, orgrimmar grunt gear, all the good stuff.

  11. #631
    Maaan...fuck the haters

    i am a loyal customer and i will support blizzard as much as i can until the end of days because blizzard is and will be forever the best gaming company EVER.
    and i will buy all of them them for all my chars and buddys!

    no one forces you to buy this!!! !
    Last edited by BlizzFanboyForever; 2013-07-13 at 02:54 PM.

  12. #632
    Looks like a certain game is going free-to-play soon.

  13. #633
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,157
    If they ever add HC gear into the pet shop - "Oh well you were going to get it anyway! It only takes a few weeks to kill. Damn haters, they are helping you!".

    Stop apologising for Blizzards blatant cash grabs.

  14. #634
    Quote Originally Posted by goinglohan View Post
    Please reread what I said. The LOOK of the armour is relative. They are selling mounts and the pets in the store right now. What is the difference with COMSMETIC gear? It is not different than the mounts and it will all blow over like that. Also, you can't compare what other games are doing because they don't offer the same thing is what WOW offers, which is why it is sitting at 8 million subs.
    Those games are not sub based so they don't have subs. Most of those games have cosmetic gear only as well. They give their player base FULL FREEDOM on buying those items and many of those games have options how to gain those items without paying real money for them.

    And note. NONE of the F2P games restricts their users from then USING those items whenever they want. The consumer is not FORCED to pay sub to be able to log on. Thats a big difference here. These games don't show their disrespect to paying consumers.

    The items in Blizzard Webstore have always be on a very grey area when it comes to this. Thats probably why Blizzard started this "service" on their website. That way it worked more like the trading card game and deluxe or collector edition. It was still shamefull in my eyes ... but not to the same degree as we see now if they add an ingame cash shop. Thats a line that NO game should cross. And Im not even sure its legal to charge a person for a digital item and then add sub for it so they can use it. And even if its legal - its very unethical that no game has done EVER before.

  15. #635
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    If they ever add HC gear into the pet shop - "Oh well you were going to get it anyway! It only takes a few weeks to kill. Damn haters, they are helping you!".

    Stop apologising for Blizzards blatant cash grabs.
    But thats just how it is, youre being just elitist and want everyone to look up to so you feel like a special snowflake

    i would appreaciate if they add HC Gear to the petshop because some ppl need it and all of us paying the same monthly fee, it will come...deal with it

  16. #636
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by stripesrus View Post
    Let me tell you the main reason why many of are upset.
    Blizzard's store has all the good stuff that is acquired paying actual currency. Since we pay $15 per month, we feel all those mounts, pets, and transmogs should be available via in-game means, regardless of how difficult or lengthy it may be.
    Who are those "we" you're referring to? Speak for yourself.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  17. #637
    well those models look cool (wont buy them) heh if wow wont turn into SIMS and ppl wantt o spen money on thsoe its all ok

  18. #638
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    Then they should also follow suit and drop the subscription fee, but yeah, people won't care and wil buy this anyway so it doesn't matter.
    Taking into account the inflation that ate quite a bit of the original sub price, not really.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    If they ever add HC gear into the pet shop - "Oh well you were going to get it anyway! It only takes a few weeks to kill. Damn haters, they are helping you!".
    What makes you think they will add it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Stop apologising for Blizzards blatant cash grabs.
    Well, it is no different from any other merchandising.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  19. #639
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Taking into account the inflation that ate quite a bit of the original sub price, not really.
    Really poor and utterly wrong logic. They can charge players extra for the expansions to fight inflation.

    In terms of cost per user.... They are probably getting BETTER deals now than what they had at launch of WOW since bandwith has been costing less over the last few years. And with the game 2 million players fewer than 2 years ago.... they can restrict the need for power use and space. Its not like they are changing hardware every patch...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post

    Well, it is no different from any other merchandising.
    Can't remember the day when I was charged for just putting on my pants after I bought them in a store. But thats what Blizzard are aiming to do. Charge players for an item.. and then charge them for login into the game to use those items. ONLY GAME in the world that will do that.

    Thats something that NOT A SINGLE store in the world does. And thats why this is NOT like every other merchandising
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-13 at 03:11 PM.

  20. #640
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Who are those "we" you're referring to? Speak for yourself.
    All of the people who disagree with it...?

    Stop trying to make it look like he's alone in this opinion. Roughly half of all comments have been negative, citing this as a reason.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •