Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Instead of creating this shit, how about new character models? I actually feel like they lied to us about character models and aren't even working on them, mark my words. These transmogrification helmets actually need to bought... another step downhill into the grand canyon of shite. Blizzard are shitty little idiots who want nothing but money. I'm not saying they're ugly, but this is just becoming ridiculous.

Next major step for Blizzard: casual players can now instantly become level 90 with full epic gear for only $19,99!

Thank god I unsubbed long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Blizzard have charged us sub, AND paid services, AND store mounts, for how long?

They have been doing this and got away with this for ages. And as long as they can get away with it, and with people still subbing, I don't see why any company wouldn't do it.
    Well... Blizzard has been loosing subs for last 4 years. 1/3rd of the playerbase has left. The reaction from BLizzard is pretty obvious. It's time to milk those that are going to continue to pay sub as much as possible until they leave. Its seems pretty obvious they are not going to be able to stop the bleed. And they even went as far as admitting that in the last quarterly report.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I actually feel like they lied to us about character models and aren't even working on them, mark my words.
    And if you're wrong, what will you say? Because you know, I can make up statements too.

These transmogrification helmets actually need to bought... another step downhill into the grand canyon of shite.
    Need to bought (sic)? Who does actually NEED to buy those helms?

BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Oh man this comment section is about to get HILARIOUS.
    The foresight is strong in this one.

Instead of creating this shit, how about new character models? I actually feel like they lied to us about character models and aren't even working on them, mark my words. These transmogrification helmets actually need to bought... another step downhill into the grand canyon of shite. Blizzard are shitty little idiots who want nothing but money. I'm not saying they're ugly, but this is just becoming ridiculous.

Next major step for Blizzard: casual players can now instantly become level 90 with full epic gear for only $19,99!

I promise you that the new character models will be ingame micro transaction. Thats probably why they are in so much hurry to push this out now. They will probably be adding those models in the dead spot between last raid tier of MOP and the next expansion. Im 100% sure that we will have ingame store before next expansion considering how hard BLizzard is pushing this on ppl now in the last 2 weeks. They are desperate - and its very obvious now that they are loosing subs at more alarming rate than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    B]Need[/B] to bought (sic)? Who does actually NEED to buy those helms?
    Oh come on, smartass eh? You know what I mean. In order to use them, you have to buy them.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Keyboard Turner
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    And its pretty obvious that the current practice from Blizzard is shady to say the least compared to what other games and companies have been doing with their payment models.
    Honestly, I don't really see how this is much different than the pets and mounts available in game. A flame war breaking out over these new items seems a little late to me, as player response from pet and mount sales seems to be pretty positive overall. Will I purchase anything? Maybe, but I don't feel any pressure to buy them.

As for these specific items: this is what Blizzard has done for years. They experiment. And this is yet another one of the experiments that they are doing. They are not (as yet) offering "pay to win" items -- at least not for us in the US and EU -- and most likely won't until such time as the payment model changes, which isn't coming any time soon.

As for the double dip line of thought, here's another way of thinking of it. Fans who love this game that plan on playing for a long time to come may want one of these items because it not only looks cool, but helps support the company that creates one of their favorite games. Those that see it as merely a cash grab probably won't buy it. People upset over the cash shop in general shouldn't support it. Either way, these are cosmetic items and shouldn't impact your game play all that much, other than having some players with new looks.

Blizzard is not one for moving quickly down the slippery slope, and they will be looking at the feedback they receive. So instead of fighting each other here, it would be much better to jump on the WoW forums and speak your mind to the CMs and devs over there. And any way you look at it, in the end the power of your wallets will help shape the overall opinion of these new items and tell Blizzard whether we want more or none at all.

1st sign of any in game store adverts and rng boxes, i'm out

I promise you that the new models will be ingame micro transaction. Thats probably why they are in so much hurry to push this out now. They will probably be adding those models in the dead spot between last raid tier of MOP and the next expansion. Im 100% sure that we will have ingame store before next expansion considering how hard BLizzard is pushing this on ppl now in the last 2 weeks. They are desperate - and its very obvious now that they are loosing subs at more alarming rate than ever before.
    And if the in-game models that update your character are not sold on the shop, and are in fact free of charge (Unless it comes with an expansion only) -- what would you say than? Blizzard may be losing subscriptions (And so is the genre as a whole), but it doesn't seem desperate to streamline the purchasing process of items you already are able to online. Sold character models would be a stab in the back on a lot of people who are still anticipating it, and I'm sure that won't go over well. By that I mean it would probably cause quite a few people to leave, when they expected it to be free.

Hence the reason it's taken so long for Blizzard to give you a free service, or so everyone expects.
    Hearts are man kinds lock. If only everyone's emotions were a skeleton key, this world would be a happier place.

The Lightbringer
    Oh come on, smartass eh? You know what I mean.
    No I don't, your sentence didn't make any sense to me. Maybe because English isn't my first language.

In order to use them, you have to buy them.
    Right. But are they mandatory in any way? The answer is no. Now if they started selling stat gear for money, I'd agree with you, but for the time being all we have are some predictions which value is so close to zero that it's not even worth exploring.

BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    And if the in-game models that update your character are not sold on the shop, and are in fact free of charge (Unless it comes with an expansion only) -- what would you say than? Blizzard may be losing subscriptions (And so is the genre as a whole), but it doesn't seem desperate to streamline the purchasing process of items you already are able to online. Sold character models would be a stab in the back on a lot of people who are still anticipating it, and I'm sure that won't go over well. By that I mean it would probably cause quite a few people to leave, when they expected it to be free.

Hence the reason it's taken so long for Blizzard to give you a free service, or so everyone expects.
    Considering what has been going on last 2 weeks... Im pretty sure that they will make character model change as micro transaction. They have all the "logics" and excuses to do it. They can claim that some ppl dont want to have their characters changed and want to have the same model as back in vanilla. And it will make them much more money to put it into Micro transaction where ppl can buy it again and again to change their character looks. So ... It will be micro transaction. 99.99% certain.

Right. But are they mandatory in any way? The answer is no. Now if they started selling stat gear for money, I'd agree with you, but for the time being all we have are some predictions which value is so close to zero that it's not even worth exploring.
    What would stat gear change? I mean, the goal of this game isn't to get the best stats after all, right? Looks like your point pretty much backfires....

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    What would stat gear change?
    Stat gear would turn the game (at least partially) into a pay-to-win model. And that would be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    I mean, the goal of this game isn't to get the best stats after all, right?
    Some raiders would go to any length to get just 10 more stats.

BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

Considering what has been going on last 2 weeks... Im pretty sure that they will make character model change as micro transaction. They have all the "logics" and excuses to do it. They can claim that some ppl dont want to have their characters changed and want to have the same model as back in vanilla. And it will make them much more money to put it into Micro transaction where ppl can buy it again and again to change their character looks. So ... It will be micro transaction. 99.99% certain.
    Did I miss something major in the last two weeks? EXP potion and Lesser charms considered for the Eastern market, most likely never for the EU / US market. 3 Helms have been added to the store, which were developed back in 5.2. While it's a concern for the former, the latter is nothing new and exactly expected out of them. I don't see how it's surprising or new to warrant speculation over. The EXP and Lesser charms deal is so much more worrying and hostile to the game than a few helms you purchase with real world currency, and they are separate issues entirely.
    Hearts are man kinds lock. If only everyone's emotions were a skeleton key, this world would be a happier place.

Pandaren Monk
    Stat gear would turn the game (at least partially) into a pay-to-win model. And that would be bad.

Like when they burned away HUUUUGE amounts of gold on the BMAH the first weeks to get upgrades, wich they would have got eventually anyways.. So yeah, I agree. The day Blizz put gear with stats on in the store, this game will end™ for sure.
    Art is a long and tedious journy, and still so worth it.

Instagram
    Facebook-Art page

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Like when they burned away HUUUUGE amounts of gold on the BMAH the first weeks to get upgrades, wich they would have got eventually anyways.. So yeah, I agree. The day Blizz put gear with stats on in the store, this game will end™ for sure.
    Precisely. As long as it only has cosmetic upgrades, it's OK. When it starts to be like BMAH, I'll be the first against it.

BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

Pay to win...what? Did blizzard ever mention any type of ultimate goal? I don't think so.

Keep lying to yourself and believe that stat gear on pet shop will change anything....it's just your personal goal that gets ruined. Just like pet collectors got pissed off, then mount collectors, now dress collectors. As long as they only ruin the goal of one group the others will always say "hey, it's no big deal". Your point is "hey, as long as it's no stat gear it won't matter fpr game balance"...and when we get stat gear they will say "hey, everything else can be bought for real money, so why should stat gear be different...as long as you can get similar gear by raiding."(it's already happening in BMAH, by the way...you just didn't notice).

The strategy is called "Devide&Conquer" and it isn't exactly new.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Did I miss something major in the last two weeks? EXP potion and Lesser charms considered for the Eastern market, most likely never for the EU / US market. 3 Helms have been added to the store, which were developed back in 5.2. While it's a concern for the former, the latter is nothing new and exactly expected out of them. I don't see how it's surprising or new to warrant speculation over. The EXP and Lesser charms deal is so much more worrying and hostile to the game than a few helms you purchase with real world currency, and they are separate issues entirely.
    Ye - I think you have missed quite abit. Blizzard invited reporters and managers of major fansites to Irvine to get them ready for these news. They might not have said exactly what is going on - but they are laying the ground for a big change in WOW. Not only in the Asian market but for US/EU as well. Things dont happen just by change for these companies. Everything is lining up for worldwide ingame store before next expansion. And it will give Blizzard an "excuse" to leave yet another 8 months till next expansion if they throw ingame store into the game 4 months after last raid tier has been released.

I think its VERY obvious now that there is no more REAL content coming in MOP after 5.4. But it looks more and more likely that the "content" that is gonna be added is in form of paid for micro transactions. And after hearing from some of the ppl that were in Irvine - they are prepared for pretty much anything to happen with this ingame store.

- - - Updated - - -

No - stats gear would not change anything. Being able to buy Heirlooms for real money would change nothing more than 100% extra XP boost potion.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-13 at 04:59 PM.

The Lightbringer
    No - stats gear would not change anything. Being able to buy Heirlooms for real money would change nothing more than 100% extra XP boost potion.
    I didn't have the heirloom gear in mind. Also, the exp boost is currently envisioned for Asian market, which does not have subs to begin with.

BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

i love that everyone is whining.....lol
    even though it doesnt really affect them at all
    i love how they whine when a company tries to make money, keep the whining coming, shows how moronic you are

- - - Updated - - -

you unsubbed but still whine about everything, great life you have